[Suggestion] make it so that the wrecked tanks remain on the battlefield for a while and the ants can dismantle t

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 4EMODAN, Feb 2, 2023.

1. 4EMODAN

make it so that the wrecked tanks remain on the battlefield for a while and the ants can dismantle them into cortium.
    This will bring interesting gameplay, where a wrecked tank will become a cover for infantry and other equipment.
  2. Liewec123

That is how it used to work, and it was great, but it was removed years ago,
    Vehicles would explode into glorious soldering parts.
    [IMG]
    Occasionally this would cause hilarity from Indiana Jones moments of running down a hill with a smoldering sundererer wreck rolling behind you!
    • Up x 3
  3. shoguncawwill

why do you want us to lag even more :sob:
  4. RRRIV

Pepperidge farms remembers. back when having 45fps required top teir PCs
  5. Johannes Kaiser

Had one time when a small squad shot down my Galaxy with AA MAXes and rocket launchers, only for the wreck to crush them a second later. I had aimed it in their general direction when it became clear that we would not survive, but this suceeded beyond my wildest dreams. :D
    • Up x 1
  6. RabidIBM

Maybe even allow the Ant to work as a recovery vehicle? We briefly had some premade vehicle wrecks when SW was new. It would be interesting after a tank battle to go recover the enemy MBTs and get people driving them. This would synergize well with the deliverer module to spawn a driver in while recovering the vehicle.
  7. OSruinedPS1

Member when vehicles did leave a burned out hulk for some time, and it blocked roads and caused beautiful collisions with the enemy.
  8. Somentine

I remember it causing a tonne of issues with debris clipping into my vehicles and deleted my tanks even though I won, or killing vehicles only to have the forward momentum run you over.