Why is the best air to air anti-air in the game a bomber flying upside down?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OSruinedPS1, Jan 18, 2023.

1. OSruinedPS1

Why don't you give tanks the ability to jack their front ends up so they can shoot up, that's no less lame and gamey than liberators flying upside down 1 shotting fighters.

Remember when Sony added gravity ballistics to Liberator belly guns because of upside down flying bombers. This had the effect of making bombing ground targets more difficult, but didn't effect why it was nerfed in the first place: upside down flying bombers.
    • Up x 1
  2. BengalTiger

Well, it's a gunship not a bomber.
    I think that the Shredder still shreds without being affected by gravity much at all.

I also personally prefer a Shredder + Walker setup on my air to air battleship Lib too, rather than a Dalton.
  3. Liewec123

One of the few good changes Wrel has ever made was when he reduced Dalton damage against ESFs so that it no longer oneshot.
    But the libere**ds spammed reddit until the change was undone.

I remember the justification for libs having such one-way engagements with ground targets
    was that ESFs should be used to kill libs, that reasoning kinda crumbles when Dalton oneshots ESFs...
    • Up x 1
  4. AntDX316

I've tried hard to replicate what those pilots do easy and can't figure it out.
    • Up x 1
  5. OSruinedPS1

I think the trick is editing your FOV to be really really high to where it gives everything the fisheye effect.
  6. OSruinedPS1

I don't mind being one shot by daltons, as long as I'm at a lower altitude and right underneath the bomber, what makes me roll my eyes so hard it hurts my eye sockets is upside down flying bombers.
  7. AntDX316

This is what a pro dalton gunner sees.

[IMG]
  8. OSruinedPS1

Headache inducing cancer. Why would anyone want this?
  9. AntDX316

Somethings are meant for others and somethings aren't. Personally that and extreme micromanagement I cannot do but Grand Master Starcraft 2 players in the Pro League that make lots of money are otherwise.
  10. OSruinedPS1

The more relaxed Starcraft co-op commander mode is more popular than that crack smoking competitive cancer.
    • Up x 1
  11. AntDX316

Relaxed co-op commanding is the way to do all operations in life.
  12. OSruinedPS1

13. LodeTria