[BUG] Does No One Care That AntiAliasing Is Still Broken? It Looks Horrible, Devs Won't Fix It

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tortricat, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Tortricat

The supposed graphics update was supposed to improve graphics but I have not notice any change except for the AA looking signficantly worse. They added different AA settings but none work at all, it is completetly broken, there is no visual change whether you have AA off or have ny of the other AA settings on. Structures are a jaggy edged mess that look very bad, Sanctuary is a jaggy edged mess.

Looking at your character in the weapons terminal screen, jaggy edges mess.

It is very annoying to look at how bad the AA is seeing these annoying jaggy edges and you can't get rid of them at all.

It seems like the devs don't know how to implement proper AA on this game engine or something, it has been a while and they just don't care it seems.
  2. Tortricat

I am surprised no one cares about this, for me it is extremely annoying seeing how jaggy structures and vehicles are while in game.
  3. Krotos

Anti-aliasing works perfectly on the three machines I play on, gonna have to chalk it up to being on your end. Good luck with the troubleshooting!
  4. JibbaJabba

Can't say I've noticed nor care. At 2k resolution (and higher) jaggies are pretty tiny.
  5. Tortricat

Yea right, you actually notice a difference choosing different AA settings? Which GPU are you on? I am on a Gigabyte OC 6800XT.

Before the graphics update, Anti Aliasing was better, after the graphics update it's non existent and there is no difference whether I turn it on or off, it is always a jaggy edged mess on structures and it is a bit noticeable on guns and vehicles as well.