Merrit points reset from 20k to 1

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by felkuros, Aug 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGLeadFarmer

After today's update , on Aug 17th 2022, the Merit points are still missing. Only have 1.
  2. OGLeadFarmer

Update: After 2nd Maintenace today, Merit still missing and stuck at 1
  3. felkuros

Hey mate any update on this issue would be much appreciated.
  4. Mithril Community Manager

We are still looking into this issue, this bug requires some further debugging. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Up x 1
  5. Comradicus

You know when a part of the game breaks this bad for this long, it makes me feel like an idiot for bothering to pay for a subscription. It certainly feels like I'm not getting my money's worth paying for perks while unable to use a part of the game that I've created strategy around using.

When something this serious goes wrong for this long PS2 should be offering something to their loyal subscribers to alleviate the inconvenience of having borked the game for us. Double XP week is nice, but really doesn't even begin to make up for this. :(

Just my $0.02 worth.

AnnoyedComrade
    • Up x 3
  6. streak1

Getting this issue as well. Not sure exactly when it started though, or how much I had before.

Same name here as my ign, if that helps
  7. MuNrOe

No need to look just turn this 1 into 20k again or infinity untill you can fix the problem for everyone. Problem solved. People can play the game still use the things they want. Then when you get around to making it work the way it was supposed in the first place you can impliment that.

That way your not stuffing players around while you try and figure out how to fix what you broke in the first place.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  8. GreyGun

That's a good example for the different views on a software bug:

(A) User: "I would like to use my tactical slot items again."
    (B) Developer: "I would like to know why merit got reset to zero and isn't updating anymore."

It is always advisable to implement a quick and dirty hack to take care of (A) ASAP before taking time for (B).
    • Up x 2
  9. lemurwrangler

That way your not stuffing players around while you try and figure out how to fix what you broke in the first place/moooo
    • Up x 1
  10. renoka

Any updates? Its now another week?
  11. lemurwrangler

"You know when a part of the game breaks this bad for this long, it makes me feel like an idiot for bothering to pay for a subscription"
    sad/moo/sad
  12. Mithril Community Manager

Hello everyone, we have an update going out tomorrow with a potential fix for this issue. We will be monitoring this issue after the maintenance completes to ensure everything is in working order with the merit system.
    • Up x 2
  13. lemurwrangler

gr8job/moo
  14. BoomBoom4You

Let's hope this one works. I'm no developer, but can't imagine it would take very long to isolate and fix the issue if it in fact is the #1 priority...
  15. hatrant

And me as a dev I can assure you that it is sometimes very difficult to understand a bug, especially when it only occurs in production environments
  16. NasaRulz

BTW.. This statement "currently investigating the possibility of currency refunds."

I had 20K in merit, You WILL refund that back! PERIOD!
  17. MuNrOe

Yep cool it works now can I have that 20k back. Logged in to check only to be met by a TR hacker on Connery in a Valkery instagibbing NC and flying at god speed. Can you monitor that as well ?
  18. GreyGun

Great - THX for the update! I really missed the Canopy and Caltrops... :)

It's kinda weird starting with two digit numbers again - but then again also strangely satisfying: Now this canopy is a real gift to my fellow planetmans again - and not a matter of course.

The human mind is strange...
  19. Webad

I am here to confirm that my account that the issue is resolved on my account. Thank you for your efforts.
  20. Ssymm

Hello, I'm still stuck to one and I don't earn any.

But for several players it's been resolved so what happened?

EDIT : My Emerald character (TR) seems fixed. I got bnack my 8k merit.

But My miller character (VS), is still stuck to 1 merit.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.