Fifhing? Really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scurge, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Scurge

"We hope you're all excited as we are for this highly requested feature, and want to make sure we take the time to get it right.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter @planetside2, and be on the lookout for updates that may possibly discuss the implementation of this feature in some timeline.

-Wrel, Lead Angler"

Who asked for this "highly requested" feature?
    April fools?
  2. AuricStarSand

Yes. Lore. This is some serious lore. Only if you're able to fish on the shoulders of a Max suit.
  3. InexoraVC

Just throw some C4 in ocean and get a lotta fishez in 1 sec :)
  4. RabidIBM

Dafuq am I even looking at?
  5. karlooo

And later you will be able to craft a Fish Feast, for the buff.
    Yeah this is retárded.

But another thing I don't understand is if the devs want this game to be some chill role playing game, why did they bastardize the factions and why are they not redesigning this like, fast paced hyper gameplay. It will never go together with role playing. Instead they are just adding more items, ultimately more issues, I don't know.
  6. Demigan

Come on, they quite literally fish up a RED HERRING. I think it's a good April Fools joke.
  7. karlooo

If anyone's confused what the hell I'm talking about, this fishing video made me realize that we have the campaign in Planetside 2.

I am so uninterested in the campaign that I forgot we have this feature.

Well it's not really funny cause the campaign turned out to be a complete and utter failure from literally the first day it came out, complete waste of time, hideous design that brought no income to the game, probably brought performance issues, and the devs are now joking around how it's a distraction. Like oh it was part of their plan the entire time, it was a distraction all along to keep us busy here, even though like during the busy server prob 10 ppl do the campaign.
  8. Demigan

The campaign and this joke are completely different things.
  9. vonRichtschuetz

Since the fishing rod is already made, can we have that with a C4 brick on the end of the line, to increase throwing distance.
    • Up x 3
  10. Twin Suns

Next mission? Duhhhh… Delivering pizzas in a Battle buggy. That’ll bring in players.