Why I likely won't be playing this game ever again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Feb 5, 2022.

1. JustGotSuspended

Again, if the game was so fun, most of the playerbase wouldn't have quit. There's been millions of accounts created for this game. While I agree the game might generally be fun for some players, they aren't a majority.

As for constantly repeating that if people 'knew' about they game, they would love it....well that's obviously not true, because as stated hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of people have heard of it, tried it, and obviously didn't stick around. Even the tens of thousands that still watch videos about planetside 2 and sometimes check it out after an update don't stick around.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=planetside 2&sp=CAMSBAgFEAE%3D

Even a month ago someone made a review about planetside and got 95k views. If even a tenth of those players checked out the game and stuck around for a bit it's be a huge pop influx for this game. Why didn't they? They must be idiots that don't understand your way of playing I suppose...

But yeah the game's even had pretty popular streamers and youtubers check it out and leave reviews, there's over 5 million views on the official trailer, and as stated before millions of accounts exist (yes I'm aware the same player can make multiple accounts) but there's a decent amount of people aware and interested in the game. And while I agree the game isn't as well known as I think it should be, it's not completely unknown either.

Idk how you expect new people to join and stick around in the game if players that actively want to play quit because it's so bad. Seriously look at all the influx that comes to check out the big updates. Thousands came for escalation, and most said the game was even worse than when they quit! Advertising should be the last thing the game does. If most people can't join the game without being instantly disappointed, all it does is give planetside a worse image. All the game really had to do was clean up all the bugs and improve performance. For some reason, they've added things that encourage boring/unfun gameplay, and on top of that added more bugs (without fixing any) AND reduced performance (at least from the server side). So yeah lol it's in no state to advertise for new players. Even players who liked the game don't even wanna play.

What about the guy you made like 3 threads about? Did he check out planetside 2 after you told him? Did he open his third eye and start playing planetside 2 24/7 because of how amazingly fun it is? Why not? Because he wasn't playing like you? IF the game caters to such a minority of people with that mindset, you can advertise all you want pop levels are never really gonna increase. Even people from your outfit seem to have quit despite being under your expert guidance. Idk dude maybe it's you who doesn't understand how to play/have fun in the game....
    • Up x 3
  2. AntDX316

Less options such as nothing more than infantry and nothing else so people can feel good they can mouse better than someone else on an equal 1v1 fight.
  3. Gutseen

Can't say i didn't told ya this YEARS back.
    • Up x 1
  4. AntDX316

idk, trying to tailor the game to the people who quit while neglecting all the people that like it is weird to me..

From what I've seen with this game, the potential is super high and all it takes is for more people to know about the game but it seems people can't get over the fact if they didn't about it they will think Call of Duty and Battlefield are the only games that they would like to play and would never ever believe a game like this exist.
    • Up x 1
  5. AntDX316

Just log out when it's Oshur or stop using tanks. If you are using tanks at least use it in a group of teammates.

If you are still dying perhaps your tank options are wrong. I have nanite auto-repair on nearly all my tanks so I don't have to deal with constantly repairing. Fire suppression and Rival Combat Chassis are what I also use on Lightning.

If you are frustrated you've put hundreds of hours into the game only to still suck it's because you don't know how to play the game properly and adapt when you need to. Look at my awesome guide compilation on my Outfit Discord. https://isv.vsa.zone.
  6. Somentine

In an FPS game loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

And nowhere did he say to remove tanks or air, or even any other options. I'm sorry that balancing moronically easy, high reward mechanics is such a terror for you.

Btw spawn changes have already been reverted. PZ.
    • Up x 3
  7. JibbaJabba

He just gave a very legitimate complaint about the state of the continent. His skill has nothing to do with how these battles unfold. He could leave the battle and watch from the map and it would play out this way.

You responded to him with "just log out" advice? How the hell does that support your argument that the game changes shouldn't chase people off?

Then some "learn to play" and (frankly bad) tips on using a tank? Then tell him he still sucks? Then want him to go read your guides on how to play?

This is the most arrogant and condescending **** I have ever read on this Forum.

I'm done.

I should have heeded the same blinking red warning sign that you did.
    • Up x 4
  8. AntDX316

I'm just trying to help.. maybe if you took some advice as advice and nothing else you would realize it's nothing else than advice.

When you said, "His skill has nothing to do with how these battles unfold." if you could watch all my non-recorded highlights you would realize 1 person can make a difference.

You are blinking red lights all the time from your flawed ways of thinking which obviously works in life but it's not going to work everywhere. If I didn't care about succeeding for the proper good, I wouldn't even say a word.

It also doesn't mean I shouldn't be "challenged". People should at least give feedback on why I'm wrong or be thankful more was shown to them.
  9. AntDX316

They aren't reverted on Emerald. We just won 3 alerts in a row and I had a full(no bs as I have screenshots saved) 48-man platoon(I was Leader, didn't log out for 10 hours) at the end of every single one.
  10. Somentine

• Up x 1
  11. JustGotSuspended

Dam, still going huh?

And stuff like this is just wild to me, because we've all proven you're not a very good player with one look at your fisu, and you're likely not the best leader either given the fact your outfits inactive....yet if a vet who points out somethings wrong with the game; a legitimate flaw, you call him unskilled, and your helpful tip is logout/learn to zerg. I mean really dude, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume the guy with years of playtime knows to equip fire suppression on his tank.

Just because people ask to balance armor vs infantry and point out most of the playerbase prefers infantry fights (so there's no sense in killing biolabs) doesn't mean they've never used a vehicle. I've had more hours in vehicles than some vehicle mains even though I mostly played infantry. I got lightning aurax. So yeah we know what vehicles are, and quite frankly probably know how to use and counter them better than you. Just pointing out right now most the gameplay they produce sucks. Also you were never meant to main a vehicle/max, that's why they cost nanites and previously had a cooldown. So pointing out that most players play and prefer infantry is just a fact....

Well why did they leave? They play consistently then suddenly quit after constant horrible updates....that don't even attract new players. The game's talked about, yet even the people dedicated to it don't even want to play anymore. Maybe if they actually started catering to the majority of their potential playerbase again, instead of deleting/ruining the gameplay they seek lol. You're delusional if you think more advertising is going to do anything other than reenforce people's negative opinion about the game and they way it's managed. Also you never answered me if the guy you enlightened started playing or even bothered checking the game out.....

Yeah you come across a little bit as a psycho. I mean we all like(d) the game that's why we're still in the forums even though we quit/keep playing without having much fun and have dumped thousands of hours into the game. But you come in, shot everyone down, constantly create new threads that just make you seem as disconnected from the playerbase as some of the devs. It's just crazy the sort of stuff you're posting, on top of that you seem to have very little game knowledge...it's just weird.

Like lol, I found the discord to be a good initiative, a nice idea to condense mini tutorials into each channel instead of making people watch a buncha random videos. But you're not doing a good job at advertising it by saying things like this lol. "Flawed ways of thinking" like come on dude a few posts ago you didn't even know biolabs were deleted from esamir. Idk man you sound really disconnected and considering most are disagreeing and outright blocking you I'd say you're either the only one here that's either super enlightened, or you're a sociopath.
    • Up x 2
  12. AntDX316

You've already proven so many times you are an infantry-only player who cares about KDR/KDA so much and outdoor fights that wipe you out in 5 seconds or less you hate usually by people like me when I play those classes, like my 5200 dual photon pod kills which I accumulated years ago and I hardly play it now. These are the times when I "should" have care about the KDR/KDA more than anything to prove to people like you I'm not bad but I want to mess around which is what Planetside 2 is about. Perhaps it's better you just quit than making me look worse than I actually am. I will read the rest later.
  13. AntDX316

14. AntDX316

lol you want everyone to believe you over me, you keep comparing your and anyone elses stats over mine, why don't we 1v1 in everything, record it, have everyone watch and see who is best?

You constantly place assumptions based upon stats alone but little do you know it does not make you know "everything". I try to cover all those that people don't know or have flawed ways of seeing so later we can all be better together.

Why don't we(you, me, everyone else) 1v1 our methods together and see what works best than go through theorycrafting?

It may not bring back your old bases but at least we can see who is "right"?

There should be a section on the Discord where people can compare the techniques but it would be too lengthy.

I forgot Esamir had Bio Labs. I just play with what exist but the Ti Allows to The Crown rock bridge removal was a mistake imo.
  15. Somentine

I know reading is hard, but that's what the 'rolling zone restarts' mean.
    • Up x 1
  16. AllRoundGoodGuy

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  17. Somentine

Double posting, but just realized what you are actually trying to say... you are so unaware you can't tell that beacons are still bugged? That despite beacons still being bugged, the spawn system mechanics have actually been changed?

Guess it's not that farfetched, considering you didn't even realize Biolabs had been gone since shattered on Esamir.

lol
  18. AntDX316

They did rolling (emergency) restarts already for the other servers besides Emerald.

I've played the game a lot since 2012. Just because I was so busy to remember what "used" to exist, it shouldn't be used to crucify my other knowledge. I was wondering why I like Esamir so much and wondered what was missing in place of the Shattered Warpgate update.
  19. Somentine

Are you trolling? All the spawn changes had been done before you played Tuesday; you saw the Spawn Beacon timer still bugged and didn't even remember (or know) how the pre-Oshur spawn system worked (idk how you forget in such a short time, but here we are).

Wtf are you even trying to prove at this point? Admit you didn't notice, were wrong, and ****.

Some small little details a long time ago? Sure.

Entire sections of Esamir reworked and removed a long time ago? No.
    • Up x 1
  20. JustGotSuspended

You must be a dev because I checked the patch notes and it doesn't say this info, it makes it appear as all pc servers got the change. Perhaps you know something we don't or the things bugged (wouldn't surprise me) or you just simply didn't notice. Either way, doesn't really matter.

While the spawn changes were a huge reason for why I left, I still don't think I'll be downloading the game and checking on it yet. There's several reasons for this, but overall I'm assuming even with this change the games still in a pretty rough state.

I will admit the roadmap is pretty cool, though I'll honestly be surprised if they even manage to do half the things on there. I finally quit and suddenly they come out with a roadmap that says they'll finally address the directive weps and add the black market directive I've been asking for years. LOL ironic, but I guess it's too little too late. It's also nice to see they're bringing out Nexus, hopefully they don't touch it too much because we've seen how poorly the new bases/continents cater to enjoyable gameplay :rolleyes: I would've complained they still didn't mention anything about finishing hossin or the lattice system, both of which were supposed to be "temporary" but after seeing Oshur it's probably better they stay as they are....

I still don't think the roadmap addresses some of the fundamental issues in the game, the real problems that cause vets and potential new/returning players from actually sticking around. Still, I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with some of the stuff on there, though I have serious doubts about how they're gonna be implemented - if they're even implemented at all. Looking at the first trimester of the roadmap they're telling us they've got basically 2 months to release 5 updates, at least 2 of which are pretty sizeable. They might rush the balancing or rework like just the lmgs and forget about the rest. Idk I'm super skeptical, especially given all the stuff that's on there, and their current track record. They made Oshur seem amazing and then not only is it a cancer continent, they also snuck in a game breaking spawn change without addressing it for weeks! Or the OP heshbow release with no warning, but then making everyone wait a week for the nerf because it was placed on PTS first (something the original bow didn't need to go through).

So yeah there's a lot of stuff they need to prove, I wish them best of luck but I probably won't bother downloading the game again until maybe the 10 year anniversary? Depends if the reviews for each update seem decent enough to warrant me checking the game out again at the end of the year, or if there's really a game changing update that's gonna reignite the 2012 nostalgic fun gameplay and get me to play again immediately. Doubt it, but I'd welcome any pleasant surprises the game throws at us, it's been a really long time since we've had fun.
    • Up x 4