PLEASE BRING BACK BIOS I BEG YOU

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Jan 30, 2022.

1. JustGotSuspended

Ok, torture us on Oshur, but please, can you revert the horrible changes that were made to bios. Let attackers spawn inside again if they own a satellite base. Bring back a couple bios instead of those awful ymir and andvari building zones. I'd ask to revert ikanam to a proper biolab also but I don't wanna ask for too much, we still need to suffer a bit on some maps.

Please guys I just wanna have fun please at least let us have a good biolab fight on a continent or 2.

Please
    • Up x 3
  2. MFNZ0R

This. As an infantry player I avoid those bases like the plague, but a good biolab fight is unbeatable. Oshur at the moment just makes the other continents unplayable and so I don't want to play much at the moment.
    • Up x 2
  3. JustGotSuspended

Yeah it's horrible I don't think there's a single fun base on the continent except maybe that underwater tunnel. And because the continent is always open the other continents are pretty empty...

last few months weren't fun but I feel this is the breaking point
    • Up x 1
  4. Shadowpikachu

I think oshur flows great infantry wise and the needles are mini bios that dont get clogged up for 30 minutes.

Needs some work but we'll see.
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

Half the lattice doesn't have any spawns. Most bases just funnel infantry into open fields/tunnels to get farmed. Some don't even have shields! All just zergs. The needles aren't mini bios because it takes like 2 mins to clear out all the enemy spawns, and the fights there aren't fun and generally don't even last long cuz of how easy it is to just wipe out the open air spawns.

Have yet to see a fun fight anywhere on this continent. As for battelflow lol there is none
    • Up x 1
  6. AntDX316

It's designed for "command" Leadership to organize people to create cut-offs and other things. You need to get in a vehicle if you are having issues. Probably change up to Infiltrator and sniper. Look at my Outfit Discord to learn how to play better. https://isv.vsa.zone.
  7. JustGotSuspended

Nah man I just wanna have fun, using cloak/vehicle cancer or whatever to cut off bases and prevent fights from happening just doesn't fit my playstyle

Whatever hopefully this is the last straw that finally makes me quit this game for good
  8. CompletelyDeadCoyote

Bring a sundy. Build a base.
    I am an infantry player and for now I LOVE Oshur. Annihilator is usefull, because there's almost nowhere for esfs and tanks to hide, while I can hide behind any rock. Properly placed sundy makes me a fortune. I constantly see tank columns supported by infantry with sundys and coverd by air-forces. People play together and move across the whole map instead of being cramped into a couple of 96+ biolab fights for hours. Cool!

Though again those bio fights were great for farming certs and having mindless fun. Still happen on existing biolabs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liewec123

yeah if wrel really wanted to get rid of biolabs
    (and he did, i remember him repeatedly voicing against "biolab meatgrinders" back when he stuck to what he was good at, youtube videos)
    then he could have atleast changed the biolabs into tech plants
    (normal tech plants not the crappy 3-point Less-amir tech plant that he made)
    and then make a SINGLE containment site at the center of Esamir.

i think a single containment site would be fine, keep it as the "special" base at the center of the map.
    but 3 of the f%%kers is way too much, it just shuts down lane progression for anything other than a zerg.

but my ultimate dream would just be to get old esamir back, pre-wrel, with the biolabs.
    the mani-triangle around the biolab was the most fun i've had in PS2.
    • Up x 1
  10. JustGotSuspended

Even old Ikanam used to be lit. Best lattice on the continent turned to the worst. No fights there anymore
    • Up x 1
  11. JustGotSuspended

Yeah ok dude just with the start of your reply I can tell you're not playing the same game lol. When you get the chance try doing what you suggested and see if that even gets remotely close to viable.
  12. AntDX316

What kind of games do you like to play? Perhaps Call of Duty Domination mode is more of your style. Oshur locks at times too so when Oshur is the only cont just log on when the other conts open. No need to "quit". : )

No doubt Ikanam Bio is "kind of dumb" but it fits the play style with having to keep the bases outside like Saerro Listening Post. It's cool they didn't replicate the 3-sides to be mirrored. Because of Warpgate rotation, it adds a new level of play and strategy. Having 1 strategy across All the maps and 3 areas is stupid imo. If we could control life and all games to fit how we want it to be that would be interesting but not be fun for everyone else who finds that boring.

The solution is just to play when it fits your ideal situation and not play when it doesn't. If something else brings you more than Planetside 2 then might as well do that but Planetside 2 brings me back more than Anything else in life. I wonder how they do it with keeping servers up, lag down, graphics amazing, etc. It's crazy to me how sometimes the conts are dead. Perhaps people aren't smart or too smart to handle Planetside 2 for something else. I try to get people to play the game but they have no idea how it is. Call of Duty is garbage in comparison but it's mostly console players that like to play like they are Dunking on each other at the courts. Imo, the game is too basic for me. My "in-game services" are a lot more appreciated in Planetside 2. I'm not bad at Call of Duty or any of those games, I'm actually super good (top fragging usually on full servers). It just doesn't have the "everything" feel that Planetside 2 delivers nearly every single time.
  13. JustGotSuspended

2012-2013 version of planetside 2.

Searro and Ikanam are on 2 different continents.

Dude it sounds like you're making an ad for the game lol. Yeah in an ideal world those bases offer new opportunities for teamwork, combined arms, and even construction! That's the brochure side of things. If you've played the game though, it takes about 5 minutes to realize that's not the case. I've probably amassed a year of playtime since the horrible ikanam changes. Never, not once have I ever seen a good fight there. Forget about construction lol, no one's ever built anything there. I mean a fight that wasn't either a ghostcap or massive zerg. People avoid that lattice at all costs - that's how unfun it is.

They used to go to Xelas or Onatha to have fun, until they reworked the bio spawn system again to make it impossible for attackers to capture the base or even enter the bio without significant overpop. All the Ikanam rework ever did was takeway one faction's ability to have fun on Amerish. Basically only 2 factions had access to bios (which had been proven as the most popular base people went to have fun - literally everyone who thought ps2 thought bios). So while those 2 factions were having fun in their biolabs the remaining one was just ghost capping as much territory as possible to try and link up to the bio fight before alert ended.

The construction areas they added previously never generated a fight. The only one where I've sometimes seen a base is in between indar ex and quartz ridge. A base that is often destroyed immediately by nukes or simply a mass of vehicles because lets be honest, no infantry player is going to have fun in there with all the AI turrets, pain spires, etc that instantly kill infantry before they're even able to approach the base. Those areas are nothing more than annoyances, with cap timers so short by the time you reach the next base a stalker infil that stayed behind already captured that hex again. Boring. Not sure why they keep adding those when they're clearly unfun. I've never heard anyone say 'screw xelas, I'm gonna go have fun at solus nature annex'! And then on Oshur and Esamir there's lattices where there's 3 bases in a row designed like that, with absolutely no hardspawns. Basically gives a lattice that's impossible to defend, boring to attack, and doesn't generate any fighting.

As for the new esamir lol I've heard a few (somewhat justifiable) complaints about the previous version of the continent before. However all this revamp did was make people grateful for the old version of esamir. Pretty sure there's like what, 3 bases that actually produce fun/interesting fights there? And those bases are the ones that weren't changed lol. No one likes fighting at the containment sites, everyone preferred the old esamir.....

Some people like Oshur, mostly for the aesthetics or because they are infantry farmers and the map offers prime spots for sniping, a2g, flail/OS and basically every other cheesy infantry farming method imaginable. Buildings shield you from nukes? No problem, we'll remove them! No construction areas protect you from flails while you're fighting at regular bases? Worry not, they've been removed too! You're just spawning in, think you're safe behind those shields? JOKES ON YOU, THERE'S NO SHIELDS!

The game's best strategy is zerging. Not only do those bases not offer any new strategies, in fact they just encourage zerging! Even Oshur is just zerg central. Most the bases can't even sustain fights, and those bases cut off the ones that could've been spawnpoints which kill any opportunity for a fight to occur there and the remaining bases you can fight at are designed in ways that either the defenders need massive overpop to defend, or attackers need massive overpop to cap. Add the spawn system revamp which further encourages zerging/ghostcapping. Yeah you're right dude, we need to create more varied gameplay. Obviously this isn't what any of these updates have achieved, if anything they just reinforce zerging and deter people from playing the game.

Well this is exactly the problem. They've continually produced updates that go against what the majority of the playerbase wants. It would be fine if those updates turned out to be fun, but for a majority of players this is not the case. Most people play the game to have fun, and it's clearly not been fun lately. Its evident by how many players we've lost over the years. I can see the argument that it's normal with every game, but as you say planetside 2 is special. With every major update, we get a huge influx of players hoping the game returned to a fun state, only to be instantly greeted with disappointment (that is when the update doesn't produce so much bugs it's impossible to play for a week). So you see people want to have fun, people come to planetside 2 looking for something they've experienced there...but it's just not there anymore. So while we probably wouldn't get the same insane pop levels of back then, it's clear more people would play the game if it was in it's older state than now. Even after this update most hardcore vets (me included) who've invested years into this game, some tons of money and unlocked nearly all progression on multiple characters quit the game. I know a few actually who've outright deleted their characters/accounts, some after the escalation or esamir update, the rest after Oshur.

I'm not going to delete my stuff yet, like many others I hope the game takes a radical direction and becomes fun again, because no other game gave me the same experience - I haven't even played any other game in a long time. But I'm definitely not going to be playing regularly anymore, maybe ever again, because it's gotten to a point where the experience most people wanted to experience in this game just isn't there anymore.

There's a simpler answer: game's no longer fun for a majority of players, so they don't play. People want to play, but the game just makes it harder and harder for people to have fun with every update. So most people who played this game to experience an MMO FPS quit, which only exacerbates the game's issues and continues to degrade the experience on the daily. It's fine when the maps suck but you've got friends and you're facing decent players who make the game fun. When your friends have all quit and you're facing spawncamp by 30 infils and vehicles and a2g and stuff by yourself it gets kinda cringe, repetitive and boring. So more people quit. Eventually even the cancers will have to log out because there's simply nothing left to farm.
    • Up x 1
  14. melioa

i wish they would revert Indar to how it once used to be, before Wrel messed it all up! i miss the old NS Material Storage (wish they would go back to that) and as for the so called CHOKE points that Wrel used to ***** about all the time, so he removed them (idiot) well, the choke points were in the game for a reason!!!!!! it was a part of the game....sadly Wrel came along and ****** all that up....then his head went up his own *** so quick, he ****** the rest of the game up too. this game will only get worse whilst Wrel is a part of the DEV team. when Wrel is gone/kicked out or fired....people will come back to the game.
    we DO NOT want to be told what to do, or to be forced into playing the game Wrel's way or crap play style.
    • Up x 1
  15. JustGotSuspended

Man the old indar was lit. Crown was fun, the bridge to ti was fun...BROKEN VALE lmao that base was so fun once you parked a sunderer on that ridge...

Even the old scared mesa was more fun than this one I think. They rework the base because there's not enough entrances....yet they make a base with 2 entrances, only there's more open area for defenders to farm attackers as they approach...

Old esamir, old amerish, old indar.....
    • Up x 1
  16. Bonemiser

I miss when people fought at Bio Labs. People actively avoid them now because it's impossible to sustain a good fight there.
    • Up x 1
  17. melioa

i am guessing if they brought all the old stuff back before Wrel was here, that would be called 'PlanetSide 2012'
    and PS2 (Wrels version of PS2) would become dead overnight! with not one person, except for the odd 'i like pretty looking things' logging in....only to find we had all gone over to PS2012. there is hope for that. :)
    just as long as Wrel is not allowed any where near PS2012. he can go catch some fish and ghost cap on HIS nOshur. or maybe get lost in one of his own self made Choke points.
    • Up x 1
  18. JustGotSuspended

Yeah they announced their goal was to remove them for some reason. You'd think when you see bases a majority of your playerbase consistently enjoys and sustains 96+vs96+ fights at for hours those would be bases worth keeping, even adding more or taking lessons learned from them and spreading them to other bases.

But apparently not. They started by mutilating ikanam, and when that didn't work they proceeded to delete ever biolab from esamir and replace them with...nothing! OR actually I guess containment sites were meant to replace them, my bad...how fun those are!!

And when I took refuge in other continents, thinking 'its ok man, you just gotta last through this alert and another continent with biolabs is gonna open and maybe you'll be able to have fun'....well they completely messed up the spawn, screwing over attackers and making it rare to have a good fight there. Definitely shortened how long those good fights can last. And now the new spawn system, even more impossible to have fun not just in bios but every base.

Not sure why they wanted those removed but they've definitely succeeded in making them so unfun people avoid them. In fact I think the same applies to the game as a whole now..

I almost wish they deleted biolabs cuz it's just sad seeing them in their current state now
    • Up x 1
  19. AntDX316

Your post is incredibly long, but I've read a lot of it. I was playing since Planetside 1. I'm not even sure what I wrote either. People are saying the game is better than ever and some say it sucks. There are different ways to play the game depending on where the battle is. I like when it gets different and we have battles on all kinds of terrain. Having everything controlled like it's a race track that hardly ever changes is dumb. Sure you can get consistently better and better than everyone else with great understanding then perhaps you should play iRacing instead. I'm really bad at consistency and excelling when things change A lot is where I shine the most. I love being able to "adapt". Some methods though I have to let go like the bolt-action sniper rifle. It's so hard to make it work again even though I Auraxed it Way way way back. When you play games that you only get 1 life per match then sniping is great but when people are respawning every 5 seconds and it takes super long to get a kill it's making me feel dumber.

I don't know if I put my Planetside 2 Guides here but if not see it and perhaps you can understand the game better. https://isv.vsa.zone (I've turned the Outfit Discord into a Guide)

Also the Oshur map is incredibly well thought out. I've made another post commenting about how it is. You gotta understand the game works if you have Full access to what Planetside 2 has to offer. I am ASP2 BR100 with over 14k members in my VS Outfit on Emerald. Sure, if you are playing by yourself you are "missing" things but if you know how to play the Entire game it's not really missing anything and they are not doing it wrong except for a bunch of bugs of course.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-oshur-design-is-amazing-because.258260/

And for the record, making a big deal about One base means you don't "know" Planetside. It's supposed to Not be the same and adhere to what most or some people like. People that don't "adapt" have problems. I was like this until I've had to do missions, campaigns, missions that totally sucked in the beginning because I did not know the technique. It kind of forces you to "learn" without telling you, you do not know so you shall not pass. It would be cooler if the Ikanam Bio Lab didn't look so "basic" inside. Some more interior design like it's a Jurassic Park bio lab would be cooler to see or a Lab from Sci-fi movies to make it feel "scarier".
  20. JustGotSuspended

What's the pop counter saying?

LOL dude I like to think I'm not a noob, I've got multiple chars ASP 2, got every directive unlocked for infantry and I've played ps1 a bit, and ps2 regularly since beta.

Sure I don't lead a zergfit with 99% of members inactive, but I've got a decent understanding of how the game works. And currently it doesn't.

And your argument of if you don't like it go play another game is the issue, game was fine before they completely ruined it, and now everyone's gone because they refuse to revert it to back when it was fun for everyone. Now if you're not a zergling or cheese spammer, there's no place for you.

Back then the gameplay was more varied and you did have to adapt or whatever. Now it's just constant zerging with a sprinkle of ghostcapping here and there.

I don't need someone or a discord to tell me to zerg or be zerged; I know how to play the game, I know what playstyles are encouraged - I'm just saying a majority of players find it unfun.