Refund ALL the ant certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mucro606, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Mucro606

The ant's invisibility feature was a major part of why people used it. I like many others invested in the ant purely for combat use, and never had any intention of building bases with it. The ant was one of my favorite vehicles to use. Now, I guess it's fine that the devs decided to remove the feature. Honestly I don't think it was that overpowered or even used by that many people- as stealth ants are pretty situational and require a ton of cortium to run successfully. But they wanted to remove it and they did, so whatever. That being said, they removed a major feature of the ant that's the equivalent of removing the main canon of a tank (or stealth from a flash). Now that the feature is gone, I don't really want anything to do with the ant, and so all my certs that haven't been refunded already are totally wasted. I imagine this is the case for a lot of other people as well.

I don't think it's asking too much for a full cert refund. It wouldn't affect any players who want to continue using the ant negatively as they can just repurchase everything. You could even make the refund optional, similar to the optional cert refund new players get early in starting the game (except specifically for ants). I just don't want to have all the time I spent certing out the ant wasted by no longer having a use for it.
  2. Johannes Kaiser

I know a guy who runs ANT with radar and Kobalt. Ugly enough, no stealth involved. And that is beside the point that it was from the start intended to be a basebuilding vehicle, so everyone knew what they were getting into.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mucro606

I don't see how this is an argument against a full refund. They changed a major feature of the ant, and so some people might not want to use it anymore. Nobody loses anything from an optional refund. Even if it was forced, they could just repurchase everything.
  4. FLHuk

I've invested in the Ant purely for combat on three chars. 3,900 kills on one char alone and I'm terrible!

I have spent the refunded certs, thank you.

It still farms planetmans better than a utility vehicle should.

The end....
    • Up x 1
  5. Mucro606

"my friend uses the ant this way"
    "I still get a ton of kills on the ant and I'm bad"
    These things are not arguments, they are anecdotes. A major feature of the ant was changed. Nobody loses anything from an optional refund.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

i primarily use it for farming and building and STILL have a couple combatbuilds on it ... i don´t see why it should not have the option to be used as combatvehicle ... the ONLY thing that needed nerfing would be for stealth vehicles to not be able to onehit roadkill
  7. Mucro606

*shrugs and pisses my pants* :)
  8. Liewec123

1. Add campaign mission to farm kills using only ant.
    2. People cheese stealth roadkills (fastest and easiest way to farm kills with ant)
    3. Remove ant stealth because too many people are farming kills with it...
    Bravo wrel, what next?
    • Up x 1
  9. DarkStarAnubis

DBG does not refund certs/ISO/cash invested in something if they change it. One may debate whether correct or not, but that the end of the day it is up to us to decide.

I have invested a lot of ISO to max symbiote and health regen both to 5. My rationale was to free the nanoweave slot for something else (e.g. grenade bandolier) while having health regen manage health when symbiote was chipping away something.

They made Symbiote useless now. So Suck it up :)
  10. JustGotSuspended

This is nothing, they only removed an ability that was clearly OP and the ANT is still a super infantry farming tool and base building thingy. It wasn't a major change to the ANT, just a removal of a suit slot/playstyle - which was refunded.

A major change before was the prowler lockdown, no one got fully refunded for that even though it completely changed how you play the prowler.
  11. Scroffel5

It wasn't even OP. You suck if you couldn't dodge an ANT or hear something sus coming towards you.
  12. JustGotSuspended

I had a friend who would use cloak kobalt ant with 4 c4 engineer. I think his kdr pretty much demonstrated those things are op. 'you suck if you can't see or hear (assuming working audio) something invisible turbo charging at you'. Yeah dude I think you suck if you use cloak!
  13. Scroffel5

I wish they kept the Wraith ANT in the game. I woulda loaded up with 3 C4 Engineers and we would have destroyed so many vehicles. Tsk tsk.

But yeah lol, its OP for the newer players to deal with. They tunnel vision too much and then get ran over by something they can't see. Therefore, players are dumb and should collectively adapt.
  14. JustGotSuspended

You should post some stats before claiming it's a skill issue. Guaranteed I perform better than you, and I'm not even a decent player. Cloak is cheese and an easy way to get kills. They should rework it on infils and remove it completely from vehicles.
  15. Scroffel5

[IMG]

I have 0 problems dying to it as non-Infiltrator classes. I have a problem trying to C4 it when its barreling towards me, but no problem rockletting or launchering it. I have no problem blasting it with any other vehicle. I rarely, if ever, get ran over by a cloaked vehicle. So yeah, skill issue.
  16. JustGotSuspended

[quote="Scroffel5, post: 3578206, member: 22608
    So yeah, skill issue.[/quote]

And yet no stats to prove it.....

.....unless you're captain America; I guess that's what you meant by randomly tossing in a pic instead of actual stats to back your 'argument'. If that's the case man you really suck you should've saved iron man next time