No Space Pumpkins On Koltyr?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nighda Venesis, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Nighda Venesis

My sleep schedule has been ****** lately, I logged on earlier and saw that Koltyr was open, and I became curious about whether the mini continent had space pumpkins or not. After about 15mins of searching on foot with a sniper, I found nothing.

I haven't seen a single space pumpkin on any continent this year, though I haven't taken the time to go hunt any, so I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised with something for my insomniac self to do. Perhaps this is something for next year.
  2. RabidIBM

Lol, that would be a pretty big goof to have not covered that. Still, throw it on the pile of things not found on Koltyr.
    • Up x 1
  3. MonnyMoony

Pumpkin drop rate does seem to be well down this year. I have found perhaps half a dozen normal pumpkins and no galactolanterns - despite flying round in an ESF for ages (my normal method of pumpkin hunting).

Coupled with the fact that the event is pretty pants compared to previous years......I haven't really bothered to participate.

IMO these events need to be made more fun - not only for those willing to grind to the event directive, but also to more casual players.

A couple of years back you'd get random drops of horns, vehicle cosmetics etc from pumpkin kills and galactolanterns would set off a white orbital strike upon being killed. I had the most fun in that years event.
    • Up x 1
  4. JustGotSuspended

Are you saying you weren't able to farm the 200 pumpkins needed for the directive?

Yeah it's a little ridiculous, and although I don't pumpkin hunt myself I did find it weird that they overlooked adding pumpkins to this continent.
  5. MonnyMoony

I kinda gave up. The rewards aren't worth the grind, especially since the drop rate appears so low. I did have a bit more success finding pumpkins yesterday - but still haven't seen a galactolantern during this event.

In previous events I would stumble upon one of these every 5-10 minutes or so, but so far this event I have spent perhaps 2-3 hours and haven't seen a single one.
  6. JustGotSuspended

I mean I wouldn't do the pumpkins in the first place, the kills, nades and xp are much faster to earn.
    • Up x 1