Why are there so many cheaters?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sharpmaster, Aug 18, 2021.

1. sharpmaster

Why are there so many cheaters online at 00:00 UTC on Miller?
    • Up x 1
  2. BlackFox

It's afternoon in Russia ?
    (No offense)
  3. InexoraVC

It is an offense.
  4. vonRichtschuetz

The anti-cheat doesn't work. The ingame report system doesn't work. If you want to cheat, you do it late night during the week. With fewer people online, the chances are low someone actually goes throug the effort to record your gameplay and submit it in an email.
    • Up x 3
  5. HelioUSP

The soft-serve soibois who run the game simply don't care. Even the boot-lickers have a hard time denying it. Full blown hacks are posted for free on several cheat sites. As long as you don't rage-bot, and of course purchase a subscription, you have little to fear regarding any type of banishment.
    • Up x 1
  6. blackboemmel

Any proof or just a subjective opinion?
  7. blackboemmel

Nope. It's veeery early in the morning (or late in the night).
    • Up x 1
  8. BlackFox

Oh, you're right - the World clock I used stated it as 15:00 and not 3:00... never trust technology
  9. sharpmaster

Many people voices.
    • Up x 1
  10. JibbaJabba

How many of them did you report?
  11. BlackFox

Too much trouble for too less of an effect
    • Up x 1
  12. AllRoundGoodGuy

So that's a grand total of 0.
    • Up x 1
  13. ptick16

Here's a copy of an email I sent to them about the cheaters.

I've been an avid Planetside 2 player for a number of years now. I'm also a paying player. When I first started, I played for free. Over a short period of time, I decided that I enjoyed playing this game so much that I wanted to become a member because I wanted to support the developers, and hopefully, to help keep this game going for a longer period of time.
    There is one issue that's recently been bothering me, and I hope that you guys' are working on a solution. It's the cheaters. I've noticed quite an uptick in the amount of cheaters in the past few months. Do you have any moderators on line? Or anyone else that monitors for complaints about cheaters? Does the in-game reporting system even work? There have been days that fights have been ruined by cheaters, and it seems that you guys' are doing nothing about it. I've had members of my outfit quit playing for the night because of these cheaters. Can't some system be put in place that would at least kick these cheaters for the day? I'd like to know, so that I can tell my outfit and other players, what it is that you're doing about the cheaters today. For the rest of us players, it seems as if you're doing little to nothing. There needs to be a system setup that can monitor for players being reported as cheaters, where an admin can then monitor their play, and ban that player. When this happens, the name of the player banned needs to be scrolled across the top of the screen telling everyone that "player name" was banned for cheating. Something has to be done, and you should inform us, your gamers and customers, so that we have confidence that all players are being fair, and will know that cheaters will be dealt with swiftly.
    Please don't say that we should have a video of anyone cheating. That puts the burden on the players. My system can't handle recording, while I'm playing. We should only have to use the in-game reporting feature, and the rest should be handled by you, in a timely manner too. Please don't let this game crash and burn because of the cheaters. You could advertise that you're looking for players to monitor for cheaters, whom you could authorize to ban the cheaters. I'd be happy to help out with that. Or make another server that all the cheaters would be moved to. Then let cheaters play against other cheaters. All I know for sure is that something has to be done, or the cheaters will drive away all the fair players.

And here is their response.
    Thank you for sending your PlanetSide 2 feedback to us. Your opinion and passion for the game does not go unnoticed! Unfortunately, Player Support does not assist in the development of the game. The most I can do for you is forward your concerns to the Development Team. That is why it is of utmost importance that you also share your sentiments on the PS2 forums and Reddit for other players and our devs to discuss and consider.

PS2 Official Forum: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php
    PS2 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/

We can assure you this issue is just as frustrating for us as it is for players and we are constantly strengthening our efforts. Please know that our Development Team is constantly working hard to continue to make the game an enjoyable experience for everyone, and player feedback like yours helps make that possible.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,
    GM Entropy
    Daybreak Game Company
  14. ptick16

Same post as above. Only this time it's easier to read.
    Here's a copy of an email I sent to them about the cheaters.

I've been an avid Planetside 2 player for a number of years now. I'm also a paying player. When I first started, I played for free. Over a short period of time, I decided that I enjoyed playing this game so much that I wanted to become a member because I wanted to support the developers, and hopefully, to help keep this game going for a longer period of time.
    There is one issue that's recently been bothering me, and I hope that you guys' are working on a solution. It's the cheaters. I've noticed quite an uptick in the amount of cheaters in the past few months. Do you have any moderators on line? Or anyone else that monitors for complaints about cheaters? Does the in-game reporting system even work? There have been days that fights have been ruined by cheaters, and it seems that you guys' are doing nothing about it. I've had members of my outfit quit playing for the night because of these cheaters. Can't some system be put in place that would at least kick these cheaters for the day? I'd like to know, so that I can tell my outfit and other players, what it is that you're doing about the cheaters today. For the rest of us players, it seems as if you're doing little to nothing. There needs to be a system setup that can monitor for players being reported as cheaters, where an admin can then monitor their play, and ban that player. When this happens, the name of the player banned needs to be scrolled across the top of the screen telling everyone that "player name" was banned for cheating. Something has to be done, and you should inform us, your gamers and customers, so that we have confidence that all players are being fair, and will know that cheaters will be dealt with swiftly.
    Please don't say that we should have a video of anyone cheating. That puts the burden on the players. My system can't handle recording, while I'm playing. We should only have to use the in-game reporting feature, and the rest should be handled by you, in a timely manner too. Please don't let this game crash and burn because of the cheaters. You could advertise that you're looking for players to monitor for cheaters, whom you could authorize to ban the cheaters. I'd be happy to help out with that. Or make another server that all the cheaters would be moved to. Then let cheaters play against other cheaters. All I know for sure is that something has to be done, or the cheaters will drive away all the fair players.

And here is their response.
    Thank you for sending your PlanetSide 2 feedback to us. Your opinion and passion for the game does not go unnoticed! Unfortunately, Player Support does not assist in the development of the game. The most I can do for you is forward your concerns to the Development Team. That is why it is of utmost importance that you also share your sentiments on the PS2 forums and Reddit for other players and our devs to discuss and consider.

PS2 Official Forum: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php
    PS2 Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/

We can assure you this issue is just as frustrating for us as it is for players and we are constantly strengthening our efforts. Please know that our Development Team is constantly working hard to continue to make the game an enjoyable experience for everyone, and player feedback like yours helps make that possible.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,
    GM Entropy
    Daybreak Game Company
  15. BorgUK1of9

I have subbed to Planetside since PS1 in 2003, I wanted to support a game I really liked even when I took breaks from it.

However right now I am struggling to find the will to play because of the subtle hackers, I am not talking about the blatant flying idiots, they are easy to spot. Attention seeking kiddies who are gone in a few hours (or in these times a few days.....).

Its the subtle hackers that's the problem, the ones using a radar hack and aimbots but not so they are spotted so quickly, the real game ruining ones.
    • Up x 5
  16. BorgUK1of9

We have had a hacker on Miller all day, now on his 2nd character mass killing players, seems to have an affinity for NC. People are reporting constantly, very disapointed with DBG, hours he has been on ruining the game and laughing/baiting the player base.

DO SOMETHING !
    • Up x 1
  17. BlackFox

Maybe they should start to collect MAC adresses and ban them based on that - seems more productive than whatever they do now
  18. FLHuk

Something with the Integration update introduced a major open season on assists.

I fear the lack of engagement from the team is indicative of them striving to learn from these assist users. Rather than ban them all they're frantically trying to work out where it's gone wrong.

Meanwhile everyone suffers, no one wins. "ding ding ding" from a BR 1 million 87 KM away with a pistol as you cross two meters of open space 90' to them....

I find myself logging in less and less.
    • Up x 2
  19. SquirtAttack

I think you are a cheater with your subtle hacks. Everyone should report you. Yes... That's the ticket..

Geeezzz... "subtle hacks"??? Like you really know?

I play multiple characters and multiple factions and I get accused of cheating frequently. Sometimes I get a lucky streak and other times I die 6 or 7 times in a row.. .But I get accused of cheating because of the few instances some whiner gets killed by me. They don't see all the other times I died.. They don't see the action from my point of view.. But hey... it is subtle hacks, right? Get real.

If you think someone is a hacker, report them. Whining here with no proof is not going to do anything.
    • Up x 1
  20. FLHuk

Incidentally and not at all connected.

Anyone recall many years back the youtube vids where a Dalton assist user was posting vids of his assists in use. Devs said he was clean then he accidentally posted a vid with the assists visual and got banned after the community highlighted it :D
    • Up x 3