Any news on the NSO infantry weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Jun 16, 2021.

1. DarkStarAnubis

Title says it all... Has anybody any news? I find rather odd they are making 30 odd new weapons of any kind while it look ages just to get the Punisher alone...

Aren't by change a bunch of reskin of existing VS,NC and TR weapons with same mechanics but a different look and feel and reticle to look good?
    • Up x 1
  2. JustGotSuspended

No doubt most weps will be similar if not identical to things we've already seen. Launchers, snipers, shotguns for example are all stuff that's identical across factions for balance purposes, it would make sense it be identical for NSO as well. Battle/scout rifles, SMGs, pistols as well will likely be similar to already existing models as well.

Only areas they might deviate a bit is ars, carbines and lmgs.

Still it's important to keep in mind if they deviate too much from the copy/pasting/reskin of weapons as we currently have now, people will whine about balance, etc. That's why the 'best' NS weapons are available to everyone. If they give NSOs a set of very unique and powerful weapons, other factions will be jealous.

Keep in mind it's also supposed to be a lone wolf faction for more 'skilled'/'experienced' players. If anything they'll probably make the weapons bland and slightly underpowered to make up for that.

Still I could be totally wrong but I guess we won't know until the things release to PTS. As of now there's only information that new weapons are being added, nothing specific.
    • Up x 1