Weather Effects?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KripTed, Jan 29, 2013.

1. vonRichtschuetz

It is monitored probably like once per quarter at best. Took them 2 months to ban the guy advertising GTA cheat codes in the news section.

I mean. Their idea of how to treat customers is changing every outfit wars match time to PST, so 90% of participants have to convert themselves - despite the times being displayed in local time first.

They treat these forums the same way.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

Funny if the devs barely look at their official forums think of the naivete of all those people on the steam forums as they vent their opinions, thinking the devs are reading their posts.
  3. KripTed

Lol. They should be checking those forums, they should be checking these forums more often as well. It's like having a slum landlord. But if Planetside 3 comes out, they'll be all like "oh yea buy our game, we changed" and will listen for the first year or two then fade away
    • Up x 1
  4. TazerToT

Im not against it, but its not at the top of my list. Lets just hope RPG can make some big upgrades to the engine this year where we can see improvements in all areas of the game. Its way past time and this game deserves it.
  5. RabidIBM

My goodness, this post is like the planetman who won't stop accepting revives.
    • Up x 2
  6. KripTed

We won't see anything, check when this thread was made.

Yea man. I'm a dedicated person. I don't give up that easily. And I never stop accepting revives :).

Seriously, this thread is also to show how you much this company doesn't care about doing anything new to their game. All they care about is taking your money. If you guys can't see that, then I can't help you.
  7. Pikachu

I see some old names in this thread. Eldarfalcongravtank, scrinrusher. I miss these people.
    • Up x 1
  8. KripTed

Yea. What's even more sad is that anything someone suggests, never gets heard or acknowledged.
  9. OneShadowWarrior

They used to have some of these features in Planetside 1. We used to get an actual dust storm. It was more visual than anything else.
  10. KripTed

Yea. Nothing is gonna happen like that with this game. I've been asking for this and optimization since 2013.
  11. RabidIBM

Well, given what a disaster the "Wrel Storm" turned into, I highly doubt they're going to touch weather again any time soon. I mean, it was a pretty impressive game of telephone that turned "we'd like some cool weather effects to spice up the visuals" into "you want a giant storm to chase the biggest fight and zap everyone, got it!". It was a pretty spectacular screw up, I wonder how much money they spent on it. All we wanted was a bit of dust bowl on Indar and rain storm on Hossin.
  12. JibbaJabba

There are actually weather effects in the game already. They just have them detuned so they almost never happen now. The fog on hossin or dust storms on Indar.

For me, I would just like an actual day night cycle again like they had in Beta.
  13. KripTed

You're joking right? Having some wind blow dust in front of your face occasionally is not considered weather effects.

It goes to show the game can actually handle such a thing, so it can handle rain, snow or dust. I hate to say it, it's just they don't know how to implement it properly. They need to switch engines or learn their engine better.
    • Up x 1
  14. KripTed

No sense in giving them anymore money on my end, since nothing has changed since it's initial release. No optimization, game runs poorly and no weather effects. They can add a new crate and skins every week but can't make their game run good. It's sad cause I really like this game. Oh well, maybe I'll check back in a few years, if the game is still running by then.