Horizon is trash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, May 5, 2021.

1. UberNoob1337101

The title says it. It's easily the worst VS Carbine and the worst carbine in the game.

The unique mechanic is detrimental as you can't get full headshot damage per shot unless you're at point-blank, where it's outclassed by Serpent and VX6.

At range, Pulsar C out-does it because of the shot-splitting mechanic and high-velocity ammo. Horizon has excellent base velocity, but because of less rewarding headshots as a result of only 33/50% of your damage going to the head, you can't get short TTK at range.

The unique mechanic completely guts this weapon, being marginally easier to use isn't much in a category of spray-and-pray and zero recoil headshot machines while not being nearly as rewarding.
  2. netBattler

I agree it has range issues, but I stilled auraxed it and like it for the most part for its really small CoF. If they made another small CoF gun, that'd be awesome.
  3. Somentine

Horizon is one of the most broken weapons in the game, I don't know what you're talking about.
    • Up x 2
  4. Liewec123

BITE YOUR TONGUE!
    Horizon is my favourite weapon at the moment, its downright disgusting how easy it is to use.
    i always play it with unstable ammo on LA with ambusher jets and adrenaline pump (gotta go fast!)

i'm in the process of recording clips of some of the silly killstreaks that i get with Horizon and hopefully one day i'll make a vid!
    • Up x 1
  5. Campagne

As is often the case, the power comes from the weapon's incredible ease of use more than anything.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

Definitely, but unlike other stupidly easy to use guns (like lasher and thumper)
    you can actually kick people's butt in duels with horizon,
    Not only is it ridiculously easy to use but the damage is no push over either,
    Even at long range it just seems to work it's magic and kill the dude you're fighting,
    Plus the reload speed...my god that reload speed! ♡

Did I mention I'm in love? :D

Its too bad that I loathe vs and they are usually zerging everything (I hate joining a zerg)
    Because in those times when I can play my VS without feeling like a zerglings it is so fun.
    Maybe if i ask reaaaally nicely they'll trade the glorious Horizon with nc for *Ahem...Charger. :p
    • Up x 1
  7. xMeserionx

Its actually awesome, I call it the dead space gun. Hipfire = horzontal which makes hitting moving targets easy. ADS = headshot + bodyshot damage which actually wrecks, and if you aim it right you can get 2 headshots on certain targets!
    • Up x 1
  8. Bonemiser

Capsulate Ammo Horizon is the #1 reason why my main is VS and not the others. The weapon is mental for hipfire LA players, particularly Catlike Drifters. Being able to know without a shadow of a doubt that your bullets are going to go where you placed them is a huge boon when you're drifting around at max velocity. No other weapon can do this at ranges past ~15m while airborne.

The only thing that holds it back is the constant reloading and minor spread. Thank God hipfire is horizontal or it would be even more disgusting.
    • Up x 1
  9. netBattler

You know what would be more broken? (BUT I wish it was for real)

Horizon with a 150rd magazine. Like the LMGs. Room clearing power ftw.
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

doesn't even need it though with its sexy 1.6 second reloads :D
  11. Bonemiser

Having to reload after every two kills is a big problem when you really get into a groove. Other weapons can dive a squad and not have to reload mid-fight. 1.6 seconds might not seem like much when you can catch your breath after every kill, but PlanetSide isn't always that kind of game.
    • Up x 1
  12. netBattler

my thoughts exactly