Test Server Update - Apr. 23, 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPG_Wrel Lead Designer

Download the Test Server client from this thread after reading the Test Server Policies: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...st-test-server-policies-download-link.114038/
    --

Containment Site
    • Added awnings to the elevator shafts. This also prevents ANVILs from being dropped into the rooms with elevators.
    • Made adjustments to the sky file interior to increase brightness and convey distance more clearly.
    • When the upper level spawn room shield goes neutral, it can now be passed through from both directions, and blocks projectiles from both directions.
    • Energy Room (Tempest Capacitor) has received updated art.
    • Additional art updates and bug fixing throughout the facility.
    Esamir
    • The map and mini-map of Esamir has been updated.
    • A large number of props added in The Shattered Warpgate update are now allowed to clip into construction objects, bringing them in line with other props.
    • Dropped Jaegar's Fist capture point into a separate building beneath the walkway.
    • Removed errant pain volumes and Sunderer no-deploy zones near Ymir Ruins.
    Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions
    • !! "God rays" have returned. Having the "shadows" and "fog shadows" settings toggled on in the Graphical Settings menu will enable them.
    • !! Tapping the crouch key for just a moment no longer instantly places you into a crouched state on remote clients, you instead now smoothly transition. (There are remaining issues we're looking to address with transitioning to crouch while firing a weapon.)
    • !! The time to enter a crouch on remote clients has been lengthened and smoothed out. This change should make "crouch spam" as a technique less effective when the remaining bugs are resolved.
    • The "Maximum Voice Channels" setting in the Audio menu has been renamed and description that more accurately reflects its functionality. This channel limits the total number of sound effects that can be playing at any given time.
    • The default settings for maximum audio channels has been increased to 128 for PC (and 96 for PS4 once the update arrives.)
    • Various cleanup and adjustments related to the Sunderer Tower asset.
    • Campaign buoys can no longer be deployed beneath ground vehicles.
    • Various fixes for reported campaign mission issues.
    • Thumper now deals 50% less indirect friendly fire damage.
    • Up x 3
  2. Uziriel

Hey. I'm here to report a bug. Today I was able to capture Spral Oasis and Untapped Resevoir (capture points on both may be captured by vehicles) with Observer Camera on PTS. I know it's vehicle based object, but it shouldn't be able to capture anything. We should at least inform other OC users about this feature so they could avoid it.
    • Up x 1
  3. RPG_Wrel Lead Designer

Definitely shouldn't be able to do that, we can get that resolved. Thanks for the report.
  4. DataGhost

Reported before and not fixed yet:
    • The Traverse teleporter still doesn't work and isn't on the minimap.
    • A lot of textures in the containment sites are flipped probably because of mirroring the half-built base.
    • I still noticed brightness flickering when going down/up in the containment facility.
    Specific after the latest patch:
    • Jaeger's fist capture point is the old location, so it can't even be capped when standing in the point room. It is cappable from the roof and the bridge.
    • "Various fixes for reported campaign mission issues." I'm not sure what these are but one of my characters is still stuck at Inconspicuous Crate "Obtain three encryption keys 0/3" with no other objectives. I think mission progress should be validated at every log-on (or even continent switch), and derivative objectives updated accordingly. It seems that every chapter, people manage to get stuck in missions somehow and it's often hard or impossible to fix by themselves.
    Edit: someone also made a thread on Reddit with a bunch of valid points: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/mxvqxm/final_esamir_feedback/
  5. math368

Please change the scu where it is protected where it descends on the one floor it is too vulnerable would have been added real generator which advances the too vulnerable scu, on the containment site. on new tower would be a shield on the 2 sides entered and shield al access you by internal stairs with the shield protect the whole tower also not used for nothing put a shield, on the ruins of northpoint, point b must have walls that protect the point also we make farm by the flying vehicles, stillwater watch the point b similar added of the walls with doors to protect them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.