What happened to my Vanu Max Sprint Ability?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Concordia, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Concordia

I left Planetside 2 about 5 years ago. I come back and my sprint ability is gone, not sure where it went or what happened or if I missed something. That ability helped me play the MAX solo, and it's unfortunate if it's gone.
  2. Crash Bandicoot

A lot of things changed since then. I mean, it's been 5 years...
  3. JustGotSuspended

they deleted the charge ability because maxes were using it to escape death. Instead of buffing maxes to actually perform in their role, they deleted the ability.
    • Up x 3
  4. Concordia

So without making the MAX more combat effective, they made just enabled it to have a target on their back from infantry. That's unfortunate.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

Welcome to the joys of nerfs and balance. Having something you like, get taken away, all too familiar.
  6. Concordia

Are you saying that you feel the nerf resulted in balance? (Balance is two-fold, it has to be balanced still for the thing that got nerfed as well as others who were upset with its previous functionality).
  7. JibbaJabba

Guy, you've missed a lot in 5 years. We're too good at the game now to let this **** fly.

Gameplay meta forms over time. People learn how best to leverage a given thing and that playstyle gets adopted.

It's been a while so I don't remember all the meta from the max charge. But ultimately what happened is that ability came to utterly wreck fights.

If you reintroduced charge today, there would be no more point holds. Bases would fall about as fast as the timers could count. Any bottlenecks or C4 laden doorways/firelanes would be dashed past by any max. Booshers wouldn't be able to C4 them as they would "self boosh" out of the way. Mines would clientside trigger harmlessly behind them.
    • Up x 1
  8. Concordia

So it sounds like you really like this change because it makes a MAX easy pickins for you. I can accept that.
  9. OneShadowWarrior

Maxes one on one for anti infantry in close quarters can decimate. They actually excel at it, almost to well. Then if you throw in a Engineer and Medic as support, they can be painful.

I’d say the only current shortfalls is they are anti infantry only, the Anti Vehicle and Anti Air properties for all the factions fall short. Even if you chunder away shots, a flash can brush you and your dead instantly.
  10. MonnyMoony

Yep - this mechanic is desperately in need of a change. Even if we can't stop Maxes dying to roadkill cheese, at least make the flash (and to a lesser degree - Harassers) pay for it.
  11. Somentine

Give it up.

Maxes, especially when supported, can still hold or take rooms that no veteran with the five years of experience your hiatus has given them could as any class.

It sounds a lot more like you were pretty bad before, and you're returning to find that even the bad players from five years ago are significantly better than you now.
  12. UberNoob1337101

I gotta disagree with this. Veteran heavies are much, much better at frontline fighting and push a lot better than MAXes. As people got better, their aim improved, use of cover improved, parkour learned, to the point where a MAX could be considered less survivable because of bigger profile and much worse acceleration as well as garbage accuracy on weapons. Heavy Assault in particular has such a high skill ceiling that in the current state of the game heavies can do things better than MAXes can in their current state, while not requiring any support.

Kind of dumb to see people still overrating MAXes and pretending they're still on the same power level as they used to be before. Anything a MAX user could do in a MAX, I can easily do better in my 1000+ hour heavy or 2000+ hour light assault.
  13. Somentine

Gotta disagree with this.

The DPS and ease of use of max means that only the far above average 'veteran heavies' have the same killing potential, and that doesn't include having to also be good at movement and positioning.
    You can parkour as max.
    The bigger profile is a tradeoff for being able to tank most weapons, and a c4/rocket still kill inf... and archer requires aim to 2 shot.
    Max is one of the best classes to crouch spam and bunny hop as, since you aren't trying to be pinpoint acc anyway and can't ADS.
    Their full hp can be repaired mid-combat similar to carapace.
    The acc of weapons really isn't an issue until you get out of the range you want to be using maxes anyway.
    Supported maxes are significantly stronger than any supported inf.

HIGHLY DOUBT, but if you're so sure, post your stats.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nikushimi

Which one? There was charge which everyone got, then there was Zealot overdrive back when it didn't suck..
  15. Concordia

I'm referring to Charge for my gripe session here.
  16. brutes359

It's gone. It was removed during the most recent storm of MAX nerfs because of the max level pansies complaining that they couldn't insta-gib the MAX suit alongside everything else, (flak armor replaced by weaker ordinance armor). They removed sprint shortly after to calm the griping about it being an emergency bug out button (Even though magriders still get it and are 10 times more annoying) it wasnt long after that they nerfed NC MAX shotguns damage by 60% or so and only recently started peeling that nerf back.

so yea...if your worried about sprint being taken away. Dont be. Be worried about everything else that was also ruined. Devs cant even get players to play MAX's now when their free.
  17. Somentine

MAXes were only ever free during the Maximum Pressure event, which has been gone for a long time now.
    People still regularly pull MAX suits, idk what you're talking about.