PSA: Routers in Trees

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Scatterblak

Just a PSA -- when I jump into the game, hit 'instant combat', and then end up miles up in a tree over Nason's or someplace, I'll do my best to climb down. Seriously. But - if I fall and die, I'm OS'ing you and your router. :)

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. iller

So let me get this straight ... you've got your own solo Outfit basically and you somehow get enough blue juice to make a snuke
    ...but you can't be bothered read the map yourself and pull proper transportation to get to an actually good fight as opposed to the random Algorithm-decided garbage fight?
    • Up x 4
  3. Bonemiser

In the 30 to 90 seconds it takes for you to try and climb down a tree, fail, and spend resources on an OS, you could instead spend 10 on an immediate redeploy, swap to LA and spawn back at that same router.
    • Up x 2
  4. JustGotSuspended

or even you could use safefall...
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

Since you are using instant-action on Hossin, you should be prepared for the possibility of a tree Router right?

What's worse: That router could be an incredibly useful tool in that spot, but because you got miffed with the randomness of the instant-action you nuke the router and anyone currently in the tree? You really think that's fair to the user?

I don't like the current implementation of Routers, but this seems a bit excessive don't you think?
    • Up x 3
  6. Pelojian

or you could
    1) redeploy
    2) redeploy then place your own router elsewhere.
    3) equip safefall.

the game doesn't revolve around you.

players like you that destroy other allies assets because you got a bit upset are toxic to the gaming community, maybe you'd have more fun playing the sims.
    • Up x 2
  7. JustGotSuspended

once had a squad of 7-8 asp 100s tk mine + c4 my anvil bus in a tree, because they didn't want to spawn in a tree. There were 3 other ground spawns available, and tons of snipers and light assaults using my bus to shake up enemy lines. After those morons killed my bus, the nasons fight died a few moments later.

people are so selfless and narrow minded it's impressive. A sandbox mmo, and people act like we're forcing them to do things. They could simply place their beacon, router, bus, change playstyle for a bit or redeploy elsewhere. But no, they decide to ruin everyone fun because those people aren't playing the game by their rules.
  8. JibbaJabba

This is toxic and I would never do it. I can't judge you though. I get where you are coming from.
  9. DarkQuark

Yeah so I find routers and sundys in tress silly and annoying. Mass TK'ing your team over it is a serious dck move.

Just respawn and move on.
  10. ZDarkShadowsZ

I understand your frustration. I really hate it when someone puts a router in the tree above A in the Offal Pit. That said, it does exactly what it's supposed to, be annoying. It's great against the enemy as well because they struggle to counter it. Constant streams of light assaults coming down, and snipers who aren't easily reached make it very difficult.

I wouldn't TK my team over it though. As much as it's in an annoying spot, I do see the tactical advantage of it if used correctly. Redeploy and move to another spawn. If not, redeploy respawn on it and play as LA/Infiltrator.
  11. RabidIBM

So...you get really triggered by tree routers? What server and faction do you play? Asking for a friend.
  12. Pelojian

it gets even more petty then that, one time i had a low BR as a gunner and my tank was done for so i bailed out, the next shot destoryed the tank and the gunner, when he respawned he teamkilled me because he died.

there are plenty of toxic players in planetside 2 and it's no surprise, free to play games attract young teenagers with no money and no maturity.
  13. Wargrim

People like the OP are the reason everyone remotely interested in non-standard use of player provided spawnpoints wishes one could lock your owned spawns, router or sundie or spawn tube, to squad/platoon/outfit only.

And if you use instant action and then complain about ANTHING that happens afterwards...
  14. netBattler

OP sounds like a poophead.
  15. Just Tim

hit 'instant combat', die and cry online

/idiot
  16. HexJei

As a solo, nothing will accommodate you. The game is being played by platoons and squads that are working together, so their team strategies aren't always going to accommodate your solo preferences of not spawning in trees.

Just redeploy and go hide on your rock with infinite cloak, I'm sure you're... essential... somehow... in some way.
    • Up x 1
  17. ThanksPS2

As a solo player who isn't generally keen on sitting in one place with a sniper rifle in one of Hossin's many huge trees, I'm a little offended :p

I'm quitting the game for good though if I decide it's absolutely not my taste even with infinite cloak.