what's with this fog in game? (30 sec vid)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gunnner10, Aug 28, 2020.

1. gunnner10

I've played a lot of AAA title games (Fortnite, Apex, etc.) but never seen effects that obscure the environment like this.

Hey DBG Devs, Pro-Tip: if you want players to play your game, make your game playable!
  2. Pikachu

Fog density is inversely proportional to altitude. You are at the lowest geographic point in the game.
  3. Liewec123

its another one of the silly reasons that playing anything other than potato mode is just nerfing yourself.
    someone made this comparison video on Esamir and it shows just how crazy awful playing on ultra is.
  4. Johannes Kaiser

The fog is nice and atmospheric, but it's a hindrance first and foremost.
    • Up x 1
  5. Twin Suns

Ultra my @&$. Fog setting is more like it. Now I know why most PC user's stay away from this game. Why should they use a high performance PC if the game's "Ultra settings" just gives you....Fog. Bwahahahaha!
  6. gunnner10

That's a better example, I like the split screen comparison. It's like someone at DBG found the weather effects button and couldn't control themselves. I don't mind a bit of Fog, but lets reign it in a bit!