What happened to outfit wars?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NotziMad, Aug 14, 2020.

1. NotziMad

I never participated, so haven't been following much, but I did notice that it's been quite a long time?

What happened? Did they ditch the idea?
    • Up x 1
  2. UberNoob1337101

I'd like to know too. Apparently Preseason 3 should be held after the June update, so IDK.
  3. vonRichtschuetz

Probably realized that making the qualification about capping bases and then making capping bases about farming kills, isn't helping the new player experience.

I'm dreading the next qualification phase. All sweaty tryhard and statpadder outfits having "ops" at the same time was one of the worst weekends to play on in quite a while.
    • Up x 7
  4. Twin Suns

New player experience? I'd go further and add the solo players, small outfits and just small groups of friends dicking about trying their best against overwhelming odds.

They should put that event on a different server. Call it the Battle server or something. Get it away from the General population. Outfit wars isn't even about capping the continent. It's only about farming kills for war points???
    • Up x 4
  5. RabidIBM

Yeah, the systems left room for improvement, but that is reason to improve outfit wars, not scrub it. I would also like head to head outfit wars, let two outfits duke it out without a 3rd faction potentially spoiling the balance.
    • Up x 1