Game's screen freezing every 2 or 3 minutes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SgtBeta, Aug 1, 2020.

1. SgtBeta

Simple yet annoying af problem:

I'm playing, all well and good, suddenly my game freezes, stops everything, then it comes back normally.

As I got to play like this more and more I noticed my character just stopped in-game, it does not warp, get into walls or anything like this.

Tried updating Direct X and verifying game files to no success.

Any ideas and/or opinions are welcome, thank you for your time.
  2. NotziMad

this is thread number 9999999 on the topic.

So I'll be brief.

Workaround -> change to windowed mode, then back to full screen (if u were in full screen originally). Do this every time after you alt tab.

Fix : roll back NVIDIA driver (can't remember which one but you can google that right?)

There's more, and you can find that in the other threads on this topic.
  3. Novgdea

Driver 446.14 (end of may) was the last without this issue.
    • Up x 1
  4. shlimon bakous

Download the new Nvidia Hotfix driver(451.85), which seems to fix the problem.
  5. NotziMad

That's a "beta" driver right? (available through clicking "Enable experimental features" box in general settings?

Cause the latest driver I've got is --> 451.67
  6. shlimon bakous

7. shlimon bakous

No, it is not a beta driver, but a hotfix driver.That specifically fixes this problem.Google for Nvidia Hotfix driver with the version number 451.85!
    • Up x 1
  8. SgtBeta

Well, I kinda imagined there would be more threads about this, but to be honest, I don't have the time to keep searching things on the internet these days.
    And thanks a lot folks, will try this in these few days to come and I will also come back here to report the results.

Bless y'all. :)
  9. NotziMad

oh great, thank you very much !
  10. SgtBeta

Awesome...just f**ing awesome...I searched in 4 different ways about this hotfix and the only place I found this hotfix was here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5046
    Would not be a problem if I hadn't Windows 7...

Any suggestions?Or I can simply install this in the default location like the other updates install themselves?
  11. NotziMad

google "nvidia driver 451.85"

You'll likely get as a first result a page on the official NVIDIA website which allows you to download it.

Download, execute, and you're done.

Worked for me. ( thanks to @]shlimon bakous )
  12. SgtBeta

As I mentioned, this driver is for Windows 10 only.I have Windows 7, my question was can I install this without further problems or am I simply f*cked?