[BUG] Accidentally discovered an exploit. Where to report?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scatterblak, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Scatterblak

Ok, so, this is a bad one - I don't want to just stick it into dev tracker. Is there an email address or someone to message with details? Don't want to even describe it, so it won't accidentally end up in the wild. :(
  2. FLHuk

PM mr sites on Tw@tter ?
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

is it infinite repair? if so, everyone knows, you don't need to worry about it XD
  4. Badman76

What is it OP?
  5. Trigga

the devs dont care about exploiting
    exploit away, use it to your hearts content.

Never mind that there are legit players playing by the rules, and youre ruining the game for them, the developers dont care about that.

If i wanted to play a game infested with cheaters, i would play an old game with no dev team.
    I pay a ******* membership (well i did, not any more) because the game is supposed to have active development and moderation, to see what has happened recently is shocking.
    In no other part of life would customer service be this poor and the business get away with it, but in gaming not only do they get away with it, they even have people who are not affiliated with them defending them FOR FREE.
  6. NotziMad

(none of you actually answered his question)

1. click on the PLANETSIDE2 logo at the top of this page -> http://www.planetside2.com/

2. click on "support" at the top right of that page -> https://help.daybreakgames.com/

3. click on "Sign in" at the top right of the page (or in the big square box)

4. sign in

5. in the middle of the screen, under "Submit a request", click on one of the tabs and follow instructions
    • Up x 5
  7. SparrowArrow

The instructions actually say to post it on the forums, under the bug reports subforum.
    Alternatively, you can type "/bug" in game to open up a menu for reporting bugs.
    • Up x 3
  8. NotziMad

lol, I didn't know that.

Make a ticket anyway, they will reply, they never don't reply. Sometimes they take a long time to reply, sometimes they don't reply like you hoped they would, but you'll get a reply, for sure.
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

I would definitely suggest using /bug.

I've used it many times when I find bugs during game time. Just be aware there is a character limit. A brief explanation of the bug, and a quick sentence on how to replicate it if you can. This way when CS receive it they can filter it a little better when forwarding to the development team.
    • Up x 1
  10. Scatterblak

No. Saw that one in the wild, tho. Very annoying.
  11. Johannes Kaiser

Ah, it made for interesting MAX gameplay, only slightly undercut by the constant nagging question "why the heck do I regenerate like crazy?" When coupled with Phylactery (which I run default on MAX since someone suggested it) that was one hell of a ride.
    • Up x 2
  12. Scatterblak

This doesn't work, unfortunately. You can go through these steps, but there are a limited number of selections for reaching out to PS2/DB. I had to select 'Stuck In World', since that was (sadly) the closest selection available (the rest was 'billing', 'account', etc. Instead of any contact, I got this:

============================
    Hello,
    This is a courtesy auto-response based on the category you selected. We hope the below information may help to answer your question. If this information does indeed answer your question, please feel free to close the ticket, or respond back and let us know your issue is resolved and we will close the ticket for you. If this information does not answer your question, please know that we will follow up as soon as possible to help resolve the issue.
    Stuck in world geometry: Please attempt to free yourself by moving around or using vehicle abilities. You may also redeploy via the map.
    Some additional information from you that would be helpful if you have not already included it in this ticket:
    Detailed description of what occurred:
    Sincerely,
    PlanetSide 2 Customer Service

============================

Thanks DB -- after 7 years plus the beta plus PS1, I didn't know I could redeploy! Wooo!! I'm saved!!

Anyway - I'l give them a day to respond, and then I'll post it here, I guess? If it can get some attention, they'll close it up? What do I know - for all I know, everyone is already doing it anyway. Let me stress -- I HATE CHEATING, and when we discovered this, we tried it one more time and *didn't* kill anyone, just to confirm that it works. Someone let me know if everyone is already doing this - it's a fairly simple way to make a flash permanently invisible - just run through the enemy ranks at will, over and over.
    • Up x 1
  13. NotziMad

You didn't read all the message :)

-->
    If this information does indeed answer your question, please feel free to close the ticket, or respond back and let us know your issue is resolved and we will close the ticket for you. If this information does not answer your question, please know that we will follow up as soon as possible to help resolve the issue.

and

Some additional information from you that would be helpful if you have not already included it in this ticket:
    Detailed description of what occurred:

Btw, if your issue has to do with infinit repair, yeah, everyone is doing it..
  14. NotziMad

PS
    Just of something, if after 7 years plus the beta plus PS1, this is your first ticket, it means you must have had quite a smooth experience :)
  15. Scatterblak

It was far from my first ticket -- that's why I didn't go there first to report a bug. :)
  16. Scatterblak

Again, as above, has nothing to do with infinite repair. And yes, I did read the entire message - what I posted was from their follow up. :)
  17. NotziMad

So I don't understand ... you made a ticket, they replied and said they would look in to it and get back to you. Right? So what's the issue?
  18. NotziMad

BTW, I suspect that they are based in a poor, under developed ant not civilised country (the USA). (I'm guessing this because of the time at which they always reply which seems to fit with American (west side) time frame.

What that means is, they are unable, like most civilised countries, to contain the COVID virus. What THAT means is, it's likely many of them are working from home, and that's if half of them haven't got fired.

Lastly, what THAT means is that it is possible they will take more time to reply than usual. My last ticket (on the freezes introduced by the latest NVIDIA patch) didn't get an answer until 1 week later, and even then, it's because I kept asking them for one.)
  19. Twin Suns

I definitely had some fun with that glitch. ;)

We have a Hulk.

Gliched Max, Phylactery & Athlete 5. Ahhh...Finding large groups of enemies clustered together in a small objective room. Beating people to death is the greatest thing EVER. Who knew?

Just imagine if the Max had a Implant called "Trample". :)

o7
    • Up x 1