[Fun Post] the infamous NSO mines bug

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, May 15, 2020.

1. DarkStarAnubis

Just to laugh a bit...

The bug (or exploit) is long gone but while it lasted it was enormously fun and caused rivers of tears (and quite a few nasty /TELLs).

Know then that when NSO appeared for some odd reason (read: another bug, but that's not the main focus! ) infiltrators could normally equip 4 anti personnel mines instead of 2.

Now, when a base flips dangerous deployable (mines, turrets) nearby or in the spawn explode automatically.

However, due to the factionless nature of NSO (and another bug) NSO deployable nearby or IN the spawn did not explode when the base flipped.

So I hereby confess publicly to have deployed many mines in spawn rooms just before loosing the base and enjoyed salty messages from the unfortunate players who approached them.

I can only rejoice in the knowledge they were most likely rezzed by nearby Medics.
    • Up x 1
  2. Campagne

Exploiting is bad and you should feel bad.
  3. Johannes Kaiser

Well, I have placed faction specific mines in spawns and gotten people with it as well.
    Sue me.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

That' right :D Confessing is good for the Soul.
    • Up x 1
  5. TrojonKing 1st

Hope you got loads of XP. Question tho dose this make it ok for me to use an exploit which allows me to go between wall's and kill loads of VS,NC so long as I confess weeks later ????? OR am I just A CHEAT who publicly gloat's about the fact.