Cannot Login after todays patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tsar, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Tsar

Stuck in character screen as some others yesterday
    Login > play > login > play > login > play .....

Could play today in the morning before the update .
    • Up x 6
  2. shlimon bakous

i have the same problem,miller and cobalt
    • Up x 3
  3. jgolenbo Communications Manager

Thanks for the report - we're seeing many of the same reports emerging from EU servers and are actively investigating. Nothing specific to share yet, but our top people on the platform and game teams are looking at several possible causes and we're working to get a fix out today.

A couple questions for you (and anyone else reporting the problem):

Is it only happening on Miller/Cobalt (EU PC)?
    Were you able to log out and back in?
    Were you blocked from logging in entirely, or was it just happening really really slow?
    Is it only happening at the character select screen?

There are a few different systems it could be related to, and the more details we get the easier it will be to narrow it down.
    • Up x 3
  4. SgtShiutdown

Is it only happening on Miller/Cobalt (EU PC)? Yes. I get immediately in on Emerald.
    Were you able to log out and back in? No
    Were you blocked from logging in entirely, or was it just happening really really slow? Blocked
    Is it only happening at the character select screen? Yes
    • Up x 3
  5. Stavros

i have the same problem,miller
    • Up x 2
  6. N3philim87

Hello PS2-Team,

I got forwarded to here from a Twitter tweet to answer the questions:

It only happens on Miller for me. (no Cobalt char) US server Works fine
    Once I tried to Log in on an Miller char it's not possible to Log in on any other character not even the Emerald one.
    I think I blocked completly I am waited for a few minutes and nothing happend.
    It's only on the character select screen.
    and after a few seconds the Logging in lettering is changing back to play but the circle ist still going round, round...

Greeting and I hope you can track that down.

N3philim87
    • Up x 2
  7. SgtShiutdown

From a network capture, I can see it tries to connect to a server in Japan (hosted-by.i3d.net: 103.194.166.37) on port 20184 and gets immediately rejected.
    It also opens and closes connections to a bunch of IPs in San Diego, which I presume is to be expected.

Downloading wireshark now to get more details...

Is there any way to log the client activity locally with something that would help you?
  8. Cybel

I have the same problem on miller. :(
    • Up x 3
  9. Vava31

Same problem with the servers.
    I'm french and I play on Miller and Cobalt.

Yesterday afternoon, I could connect my character.
    Yesderday evening : Can't login.
    Today : Can't login.
    -> The "play icon" in the character menu, it's spinning loose.
    • Up x 2
  10. SgtShiutdown

From the wireshark network capture, I see a lot of connection resets from your servers (packets coming back with the reset flag set in the frame). Maybe you are victims of TCP reset attacks (where the TCP reset flag is forged by an endpoint). If you monitor the traffic coming out of your servers, you should see if it's them setting the RST flag. If they're not, another endpoint, somewhere, is.

Or maybe your login servers are running out of sockets?

Or somebody missed a firewall configuration since you moved the EU servers. If you got the port range wrong, it could explain why sometimes you get thru (depending on the port you try to connect to).
    • Up x 1
  11. blackboemmel

Daem, you sound like someone who knows what he is talking about!!! :)
  12. R3bel

I left the game for 1,5h and it didn't log in, it's just stuck on play... Cobalt. Tried Miller as well. Yesterday I thought I selected Miller character, but was surprised that I logged in to Miller.
    • Up x 1
  13. jgolenbo Communications Manager

Thanks for the reports. We know this is still occurring for a lot of players on Cobalt and Miller, and we know how frustrating it is. All I can add right now is that it's still a top priority to get a fix in today, and we'll continue trying everything we can to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Please keep sharing details - time, server, where in the login flow you got stuck - and we'll keep digging until we find the core issue and can apply an immediate fix.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hookie

Still a problem for me also day 3 both millar and cobalt.

Doesn't matter what time but I usually play in the evenings - today 2pm same problem

makes no difference what time.
    • Up x 1
  15. FairnessinPS2

This is the result in releasing a broken patch which has been breaking the game since its update.

The amount of pressure the DEV's are to fix it will not help.

Consideration should have been taken to further test it before full release.

The end result is this , several issues interfering to LOG IN into the game
    • Up x 1
  16. Vic3Dexe

Miller. Can't login (at char select screen) - endless loop play->login->play...
    Have no other server char, can't check.
    • Up x 2
  17. lang204

Miller und Cobolt. Ich kann mich nicht anmelden (am Zeichenauswahlbildschirm) - Endlosschleifenwiedergabe-> Anmelden-> nutton dreht sich nur

• Up x 1
  18. R3bel

Aaah It was working ok yesterday, but I can't log in again!!!
    Is it only happening on Miller/Cobalt (EU PC)? Yes. I get immediately in on Connery.
    Were you able to log out and back in? No
    Were you blocked from logging in entirely, or was it just happening really really slow? I left the game for an hours to log in, didn't work
    Is it only happening at the character select screen? Yes

I also tried flushing dns.
  19. shlimon bakous

since the new patch i always do the same here at müller and kobold,if the server are too lot of players,i cannot log in.
    • Up x 1
  20. CodexCharash

can't login on miller character
    details:
    - happening in character selection, play button is reseting again.
    - Server: Miller
    - Fine during early hours, probably at low server pop.
    - sometime working after waiting 5 minutes