[Vehicle] Bastion ship interior

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leidz, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Leidz

Hey everyone, quick idea.

How about to add an interior? Add some generators to overheat, giving a reason to infantry guy to board the ship and destroy it from the inside!

I think it can be a good idea. For every playstyle , can now have a way to do something again the Bastion. And give interesting battle.
    • Up x 1
  2. elkikko92

[IMG]
    Indoor titans in battlefield 2142.
    Enemies get inside from bottom; They have to destroy generator 1 and 2.
    After destroy generator 3 and 4. Finally the central door opens, and you have to destroy main generator to destroy the titan.
    from the game:
    • Up x 2
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

It would be cool, but unfortunately Planetside's physics engine doesn't support independently moving environments (i.e. you can stand on top of a tank or aircraft, but when they start moving you do not move with it and will fall off / be roadkilled). You would basically need to re-build the engine from the ground up to support it. Not necessarily impossible, just very unlikely. Especially if Forgelight is as difficult to work with as stories suggest.
    • Up x 2
  4. Rainproof

2142 was my absolute hands down favorite game before PS2 and EA let it die. I hope Rogue Planet can incorporate all the good parts into PS2, we can use it!
  5. TRspy007

the devs would literally have to rebuild ps2. But its maybe possible for a change in physics to allow this if enough players return.
  6. Leidz

Yeah its the thing i fear with the physics, the player cant move at the same time the bastion move.

I hope dev can do something about it , instead of re scripting all phys code, maybe they have a way to do this on "Trust me i am a engineer" mode.

Footman battle on starship can be fckin epic
  7. AbsinthSvK

players find way how to fight on bastion even when they would be glitched. Also i dont think they remake whole game only because this and they already have bastion working so its no way they make it real.