Is Teabagging Legal?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nalianna, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR5L4Y3R

in other words you are easy to enrage and be manipulated ... errr ... you may get at least some tougher skin ..
    people WILL go and pi ss you off .. especialy in a big playerbase .. psycologic warfare is a thing .. and people will go as far and use it all the way that doesn´t overstep obvious lines (of course some as sholes will go further than that but there is a reportfunction for that) ... but getting teabagged, that´s just taunting, that´s nothing ... getting deliberately teamkilled many times over however (in some cases players will even factionswitch to do that for various reasons, primarily being pathetic salty selfs), directly insulted in chat or screamed at over voicechat, these are clear violations ..
  2. waystin2

Redeploy. Kill Em.
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

You could look up the Terms of Service you agreed to when creating your account to find out the official stance on it. I took a look and it nowhere states that teabagging is illegal, and to the best of my knowledge it has never been illegal. Making it illegal in my mind would be a violation of the 1st amendment, the right to freedom of speech/expression. Would you also have the stance that anybody who sends ragetells should be reported as well?

I'll also add that saying you don't want to improve yourself, but rather everyone must change is an interesting attitude.
    • Up x 1
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

On the contrary, the answer to your question was provided on the first page. That this thread has a post count exceeding single digits is a credit to your willingness to believe that whether you stay or leave is of consequence to anyone.
    Nice Strawman.
    You are the one harping on about how this is such a big issue for you and how you're going to leave if it's tolerated. Well, you have your answer. No need to keep beating this dead horse.
    Strawman the Second.
    ...What a wonderful fantasy land you must live in where this counts as effective moderation.
    I'd make a joke here about thought crimes but to be honest I don't think you've reached the age to have read Orwell, yet.
    If this is all it takes to get you hot and bothered, the real world is going to eat you alive...
    A duck has little to fear from water.
    In that case I have a solution for you. Keep a can of black spray paint handy by your PC, then every time you see someone t-bagging simply blot them out from your monitor. I guarantee over time you will see less and less t-baggers, and eventually they will disappear altogether.
    You can also try looking away, alt-tabbing, or closing your eyes; although your results may vary and/or be less permanent in nature.
    Then do it, or don't do it. I'm sure the forums will be waiting with baited breath to see what you do next.
    • Up x 2
  5. Demigan

You are a troll because you come from the most toxic part of the game with the largest amount of players that actively try to ruin other player's game, yet you have a problem with the minor annoyance of teabagging.

A 10 second weapon lock, or a forced suicide or even being logged out and having to log back in would already be too large a punishment for such a minor offense. Yet you instantly scream for banning people? While coming from the most toxic community in the game? I'm not protecting teabagging, I'm protecting the players that you will punish too harshly for barely anything. And I have no doubts that you will not stop with people who teabag but that you will try to twist things in order to ban anyone you dont like, which was what I talked about in my last post.

We shouldnt be wasting the time of the devs with teabagging. Let them focus on actual problems like cheaters and the bile that the air-game has build up.
    • Up x 1
  6. LodeTria

It's all about V-6 in this game anyway.
    The very very few times I've seen someone tea-bag me I remember "oh yeah that existed once".
    • Up x 1
  7. NeonSonic

Do they send hate /tells too? if so that definetely would add to the annoying factor. But with that u could add them to your ignore list however if they are deliberately teabagging for harassment u can report them if they keep doing if they are trying to get at u personally especially if its like a clan doin it, then also add them to your ignore list so less of their BS gets through. i think the command to report someone for harrassment was /report in chat then it comes up with options to do it and u can click the harrassment option and type a description in there. no harm in trying. maybe also private message a daybreak dev on this forum for advice to see what they think of this issue see if they take action or help u further with the matter no harm in asking bottom line though dont let the haters get to u especially if they are trying to destroy your game experience.

Also don't forget the Vore if u are a female. If they are trying to piss u off Vore at them see if it pisses them off if its gotten to that point. Or just keep it to yourself and take pleasure off swollowing them when u kill them. If u dont know what Vore is google it, there are hot babes that do it so that should help u if u need a good example of what a good vore swollow looks like however there is a lot of ones that arent as good so look for the hot babes to get a good example. So I hope that helps u.

Dont Quit.

Good Game.
  8. Nalianna

Since it's apparent that noone seems to know for sure whether this is illegal or not, I can't see the point in discussing it anymore. I'll just continue with what I'm doing until I decide I've had enough.

If you guys want to keep playing a game that condones such practices, so be it.
  9. PlanetBound

Nice thread. This is probably the least successful trolling I've encountered. Everyone responded with intelligence and dignity on the outside chance the OP was genuinely having a bad experience.
    • Up x 1
  10. AllRoundGoodGuy

I've already said, nowhere in the Terms of Service (That you agreed to when creating your account) does it state teabagging is illegal. If you really wanted to know you should have look there, and not on the forums.
  11. Johannes Kaiser

It is. :) When fighing against a german outfit a friend of me started reading a text I had sent him as a particularly boring and annoyingly overphrased example of text I got to read for university. Over proximity voicechat. From the spawn so they couldn't shut him up by shooting him. After a few sentences about 90% of them well kept their distance. I recommend it against spawnroom-camping.
  12. Johannes Kaiser

This game is played globally, so trying this particular argument for enforcing an "open door", so to speak, likely wouldn't fly.

Either way, it would be insanely difficult to police unless everyone kept sendign video footage (and who is constantly on recording?). What could be done is instead setting a cap on the number of times you can crouch in a given time period (say 3 times in 5 seconds) and if anyone exceeds that, their hitbox is slightly increased for 10 seconds to make it easier for others to shoot them in the act. Fitting but not overly harsh punishment, and the chance of hitting undeserving people with the hammer of retribution is low. Because who crouches repeatedly in any given situation? Holding the button keeps you in cover way better than that.
  13. Okjoek

Capitalism kills 20 million people every year and you're complaining about teabagging in an online game?
  14. Trigga

Not sure if you meant he was speaking to enemies or friendlies?
    Enemies cant hear proxy.
    Friendlies can press numpad enter to instantly mute any idiot on proxy.
    • Up x 1
  15. Windleaf

Were the Sphere Pairs in question abundant in Sodium Chloride deposits?
    Sodium chloride
  16. Trigga

17. JibbaJabba

When you bring your max to a 90 v 10 overpop and V6 everyone you kill.... expect a teabag when you die. Call me puerile.
    • Up x 3
  18. Johannes Kaiser

Yep, that bugs me since then. It should not have worked.
  19. Nightwolf_Starlight

Lul. I didn't knew what teabagging was before i saw this thread. I'll tell you from my (kinda n00by) perspective:
    Reminding myself as much of my gameplay as i can, i can say i was being teabagged hundreds times... Which kinda drowns in those eleven THOUSANDS of deaths i've "earned". Still, teabag is more noticable than usual "wait for redeploy", as you can see something's going on deathcam (old one, where you could saw only your cold, dead body on the ground).
    Seeing teabaging, i thought it's some kind of another pros' "l33t" sekrit code, still feeling it was some kind of taunt. But still i had to see some number of them to come to that conclusion. At first i thought that killer-player is just moving further and looking around to check situation, while crouching to be a smaller target. It got me thinking why they are crouching multiple times and run away after that, then it was when i thought it must be taunt. Guessed myself and guessed wrong; got wrong it's "essence".
    Shortly, i thought that crouching NEARBY -not over body's head, just nearby enough to be catched on deathcam- was another was to say "pwned" or "i killed you".
    So i started to doing it myself. Not always, rather on exceptionally annoying players (like, deep-front harrasers) or players who were "pwning"/teabagging me. Although i still didn't knew what truly teabagging was and that it required crouching strictly over dead ones' head (otherwise it wasn't teabagging), my own, wrong definition of what it was implying to crouch wherever, just to be sure that enemy will see me on it's killcam (so, with old killcam -or rather no-killcam- system still required to be close).
    Still i felt that there's a subtle, but significant difference between crouching wherever and crouching over dead body (not strictly head, just over, like, chest or any other body part. At least i thought so), so i was almost always taunting by crouching near, but not over body. Always by crouching twice - no more, no less. No less than twice to be sure that killed one will see that this crouching wasn't "accidental" or that was pure crouching to crouch (for aim or hide), but to show him that was directed to him. But no more than twice to not abuse/misuse it and to not waste too much time for a simple taunt - just to send a clear, short message. And i always had "i killed/pwned you" phrase in mind, without sexual context (especially that i didn't knew that real teabagging had strict sexual context).
    New killcam only made this easier for me, since i could crouch twice without leaving position, as enemy's cam was centered on me.

Although i would like to believe that this thread is just a troll, sadly i can believe it's for real. I agree with some other people here that whining about teabagging is no less childlish than teabagging itself and it's happening because you're female, overreacting or both.
    Gaming males no cares or cares little, except of sensitive and overreacting little kiddos (or rage keyboard smashers who takes games too personally).
    There are better things to whine about in this game than just some simple, intergaming, recognizable taunt.

That's all i wanted to say.
    I still don't know what V6 is. Google don't know (despite i'm searching with "gaming" phrase in searchbox), so it must be strictly related to Planetside 2.
  20. Johannes Kaiser

V6 is when you press "V" and then "6". V opens the voiceline menu, 6 is a taunt.
    V1 for example is "thanks", V2 is "need healing", and such helpful things.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.