New exploit abuse -> destroying vehicles in second (not hack)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Zizoubaba

I'm ******* tired of this I swear to ******* god.

Anyway, let's try and be contructive....;

There is in the game, currently, a new exploit that more and more people are using to destroy vehicles and in particular sundies.

Obivously, I'm not allowed to you what it is, but I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with "reloading".*cough*

(and I don't mean standing next to your own sundy and reloading instantly by pressing E)

If a player using this exploit attacks my sundy when I'm not literally in front of it, it's gone.
  2. PlanetBound

3. ObiVanuKenobi

Rocklet rifle exploit that hasn't been fixed for months?
    • Up x 1
  4. Zizoubaba

I don't know, I've only seen it done recently, and when I fire from LA rocklet rifle, it works "normally"?
  5. Liewec123

i know some dude on a US server has been abusing the rocklet rifle bug for MONTHS and hasn't been banned...
    needs perma-banning for that crap.
    BR118 crutching on exploits, still with a 0.4KDR.
    BAN HIS CHEATING BUTT!

seriously, what are DBG doing? this guy was first posted about in May last year...
    he's been exploiting since then and hasn't been banned.
  6. Zizoubaba

I don't really think they should be banned for this, I mean, if you find a bug that works in your favour, and use it, you "technically" haven't done anything wrong have you?

You're not using 3rd party software, you're not modifying the game files etc

But yeah, its the kind of thing that should get fixed ASAP and isn't..

I was kinda hoping that with the recent layoffs and "new organisation" in DBG, things might improve, and they have, a little, like now when the servers go down, they let you in real time, but for the rest ...

---------
    EDIT
    ____

A common example of an exploit that isn't really an exploit (or is it?) is sitting next to your sundy with a decimator and using "E" after having switched weapons to instantly reload.
  7. Liewec123

but that is'nt an exploit, that is just resupplying at a sunderer, which works exactly as it is supposed to, refreshing your ammo.
    and if you know that switching to pistol will stop the reload of your current weapon then great,
    that isn't an exploit it is just smart use of design.

this exploit clearly isn't design,
    this is an idiot flying around melting tanks in 3 seconds, and doing this for atleast NINE MONTHS.
    how can you not say he should be banned?

when we play games we all know what is and isn't design, and what will and won't get us banned,
    find a glitch that lets you duplicate items in an online game?
    sure you COULD do it but you know you'll get banned.

this guy obviously know what he is doing is waaaaay across the cheating line,
    and he's continuing to exploit it anyway, for month after month after month, BAN HIS BUTT.
    his ban is long overdue.
    • Up x 4
  8. Johannes Kaiser

That this guy has rocklet as his #1 weapon is a red flag in itself. Also how does one get to over BR 100 without reaching at least a K/D of 1.0? Basic learning curve and the fact that grinding up 100 ranks takes a while should see to that...Conclusion: This guy is an otherwise inept buguser, who is almost incapable of learning. I refuse to consider he might be just unlucky and constntly end up in the wrong spot at the wrong time, as a constant buguser he doesn't deserve this kind of doubt.
    Just to clarify, K/D isn't really important to me other than the fact that I was immensely proud of myself way back when my total hit the positive rate :D It's about what you achieve in any capability, not just kills. 0.4 is still absurdly low for a BR >100 though.