Javelin Gets Turbo But Flash Doesn't?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

I was watching this video:

and the first thing I notice is that the Javelin gets turbo and can have fire suppression, but the Flash can not. Why? Is it simply nanite cost?
  2. Zen_Master

It's a trade off. You get speedy transportation with Javelin but no weapons. You get weapons with Flash.
  3. Scroffel5

Doesn't it have weapons..? You put it in the place of utility for the Javelin, though. I see what you are saying.
  4. JudgeNu

Well it does have a weapon.
    At medium speed the Javelin can outrun its projectiles and hit itself.
    The weapon seems to be at best, used strafing or reverse.
    The Turbo and its glide make it magriderish.
    It doesnt seem to be a game changer.
  5. Scroffel5

Thank you for that information. It still would be nice to have integrated turbo for the Flash.
  6. JudgeNu

What for? The Flash doesnt need it.
    Not enough that one would bash the Javelin or NSO.
  7. Scroffel5

I mean, its a transport vehicle that the driver has to maneuver to avoid getting shot off, blown up, ran over, or ESF'd. If you are a Flash, you have literally NO WAY of fighting an ESF unless you have someone on the back, and even if you do, they can't do much without either a well-placed rocket launcher shot or lock-ons. Same with other vehicles. The best way you have with attacking them, or more likely, defending yourself, is your Flash's gun and your rumble-rider, but your main priority should always be to get away. You feel like dying? Go and fight the vehicles or the infantry. I just think you should be able to have integrated turbo.

I am not trying to "bash the Javelin or NSO." I am glad they added that vehicle, and it works well as a transport. I don't remember how much it costs nanite-wise (was it 150?) but the Javelin should be able to use weapons in their own slot, same as the Flash. Their weapon is supposedly crap, so they should get access to it along with their integrated turbo and utility.