Liberators OP Once Again!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Malebranche, Oct 18, 2019.

1. InexoraVC

I saw you. Your flight skills level much higher the average. So your opinion differs from most.
  2. iStalk

No lol I'm actually not that great. I get owned by some pilots that I can't even touch.
  3. adamts01

I mainly fly mosquitos, and rarely have a problem with reavers and scythes. That doesn't speak anything of ESF balance, just that there are so very few decent pilots. If you solo Libs the majority of the time, that's entirely due to poor Lib crews.

If you get out of epeen mode and start to consider equal skill, there's an argument for a solo air lock ESF beating a 2/3 Lib, but it's a pretty ****** day for PS2 air when things are balanced solely due to lock-ons. With their ability to land and out-rep, or simply run, there's zero excuse for a Lib to die to a single ESF nosegun.
  4. PlanetBound

As my above distinguished colleague eloquently stated, lock on.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

AA lock ons? one dalton lib can oneshot both HAs and ESF with lockons and both require to be in range to lock in the first place .. a dalton lib can fire at will from any area of its chosing ..
    and still both ESFs and HAs with locks need multiple shots to severly damage much less take down even a default lib in which case said lib simply can tan the damage and lockate the lockorigin and simply counter with the dalton or in case of HA any bellygun ...
  6. TR5L4Y3R

flying a ESF on its own is already a challange .. trying to take a dalton lib down while staying mobile (in my case) is wristpaininducing (NOT kidding)
    flying a lib is easier and even if it´s not easy to take down an EFS pilot that is decent it´s still possible to oneshot him with a dalton ..
    and more likely than not less decent ESF beginners will be oneshotted ..
  7. ObiVanuKenobi

How to kill a Liberator easily:

1. Know how to fly
    2. Equip Tomcat a2a missiles
    3. Shoot the missiles

If you fail step 1 Liberator isn't the problem.
  8. adamts01

This air lock argument is awful. They were supposed to be a noob weapon that let new/bad pilots deal some damage instead of none. Making them the only answer to Libs is a terrible mistake. Forcing pilots to use noob weapons or run from Libs is a mistake. Nwrfing the Walker and forcing Lib crews to run Hyenahs is a mistake. A BIG step towards fixing not only air/air but also G2A is balancing things around direct hit weapons.
  9. LodeTria

The wrym also exists now ya know.
  10. FLHuk

Now getting bored of Libs treating my SkyGuard as just another vehicle that can be ignored :D
  11. InexoraVC

I hate skyguards. They kill me :)
  12. FLHuk

If SGs are at any point an issue for ESF pilots watch SlayBlack on Cobalt NC for a bit.

That guy is always an absolute pleasure to shoot at, his evasion skills while remaining in combat are amazing.
  13. Liewec123

When a "skyguard" shoots a tank buster lib, the lib can simply fly over to him and then nuke him down.

All AA weapons need a major buff against libs, the best AA shouldn't be tanks with anti-tank rounds....
    It's about time AA weapons actually did something to libs.
    • Up x 2
  14. FLHuk

As a lover of the SG even through the bad times I'd argue it was in a good place before the recent changes.

It couldn't one clip a lib without help. You could dodge incoming fire with constant moving and use of cover.

The lib couldn't afford to close the range and sit on you. With him held at range you can sneak in that all important reload and have a chance to kill the Lib or drive it off. ( Unless he caught you sleeping from behind, see above SG users )

Each could use skill and advantages to duel an outcome. The loser learning through trial and error how to improve.

----
    In massive actions the Lib always seemed to be the flank lurker, picking off the separated, controlling the reinforcement lines. Now they're back sat at height above the battle raining death. While the SG user has to stop, look about, find a slope, get to it, get on it, not slide off, then check it can train the target before hitting it with a few of the rounds in the clip.

It's not stopped me using SGs, quite the opposite, but for newer users it's got to feel pointless!
  15. TR5L4Y3R

right .. it´s always a persons problem ... never the foooked up controls ...

except no one ever in this thread suggested this ..
    • Up x 1
  16. Malebranche

Yup. I cant pilot an aircraft with a mouse. The devs never bothered to put in full joystick support for this game- and that is the suckiest part of it.
  17. _Kettenblatt_

In the past it was easier to destroy or deal serious damage to aircrafts. Nowadays it's gettin boring if you haven't an wider area than a cone-shaped in front of you.
  18. adamts01

I'm not going to go through and count, but are post after post after post just telling people to use tomcats if libs are a problem.
  19. Trebb

Unless the Wyrm changed, you can easily take out solo/duo libs with it, just sneak up and stay aggressive (but dont stay still after the dalton buff).

If you really fear the dalton, run with composite armor and fire suppression, but no more sneaky sneaky. PS2 is all about trade offs. For instance, I trade off by paying a membership to never ever be able to pull my own ESF with a wyrm :*( lol /masochist
  20. TR5L4Y3R

no, i´m saying that lock on weapons are scrap when they shouldn´t be, use whatever goddamn weapon you have fun with i don´t care ..
    what i care about is that the weapons suposedly for anti heavy armor duty are not worth equiping against libs ..
    instead one is forced to use noseguns or wyrms on the scrappy esf controls .. and all of them have a higher ttk compared to the one bloody dalton shell it takes to be wiped out in your ESF .. ... otherwise you have to fly a bloody lib yourself ... how the F is that ballanced when the only way to down that platform reliably is to use that same platform yourself?

but of course since you don´t bother reading you assume such bullscrap .. what else is there to say about you with your pro mlg veteranstance on flying ..