[Suggestion] To DBG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scroffel5, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Scroffel5

This is a suggestion to DBG.

READ. THE. FORUMS. I don't doubt that you do, but there are a ton of good ideas on the forums and they really speak their mind here. I don't know how often you work on the game, but you gotta roll out updates like boom, bang, bop, pow. Give the people what they want. Don't focus on your own agenda if its not working. You gotta dedicate some time to this game. I know that if I could code better and do graphics and if I had a game that all these people like, I'd be trying to roll out a good update every week, not every few months. I understand you got a budget and you don't have a lot of time, but in your time you gotta organize a list of the things you want to add and go for it. I don't know if working at DBG is your only job or not, or if you have something else to pay the bills, but you gotta work towards your game so it can pay your bills.

Then, you gotta advertise. Without ads, how are you gonna get people in the game? Advertise on Youtube. That is where the people are at.

After that, give some bundles. I mean, cmon, you have unlimited currency on your side. You made the game. So what if you lower the price? With an unlimited stock, you can make the price as low as you want, and more people will buy it. Give some free codes for the new players in your ads, so they will come and try it. When the game starts rising in players, update your servers more. It all starts with giving your current players what they want.

Please reply, if you work at DBG games or are a mod on these forums.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

to DBG? all two of them?
    i'm pretty sure we're speaking into a vacuum at this point.
    we have 2 DBG staff, two.

we know that one is Wrel, and i doubt the other will be a forum mod.
    (considering nothing has been posted in over a year that wasn't patch notes.)
    • Up x 2
  3. Scroffel5

pardon?
  4. Liewec123

apparently there is only Wrel and one other guy left on the PS2 team,
    (probably to wrap things up before they pull the plug.)
    everyone else like Nick and Drew are gone.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scroffel5

So they gotta revive the game, or its over, pretty much?
  6. Liewec123

yep, but firing pretty much the entire team of a 7 year old game doesn't really give me "revival" vibes.

theres a thread on here brushing this off as no biggie,
    but its pretty obvious that when we have no devs, there won't be any more content.
    we're now in maintenance mode until they decide to pull the plug.
    • Up x 2
  7. ican'taim

Looking back at what happened with PS1, it's gonna be a long and dreary road filled with hackers and dead servers..... yay.

At least we have PS Forever, so there's that.
  8. TRspy007

We'll get the content they were working on like Oshur, NS sanctuaries and all. With this smaller team after all these updates, all they can do is work on quality of life improvements.

Not necessarily a good/bad thing I guess. We could all use some bug fixes.

Also, this isn't the first time that such a thing has happened in Planetside 2. They have fired most of the planetside teams because of the failure that is planetside arena. If they observe some revenue in Planetside 2, they might hire back a few devs, as we've seen happen before. They did say they were restructuring for long term. I doubt planetside arena will last, but Planetside 2 may still have some life left, and that could perhaps encourage a new dev team.

Keep in mind that the game has been up for a while, and that there has not been any significant upgrade on revenue or playerbase. After the planetside arena failure, DBG may have realized that it was also time to find a new dev team for planetside which could help bring out the game's potential. We never know, I don't think that the they will keep only 2 people, even if it's just to keep planetside in maintenance mode.

This could be another rebirth of the team, as seen before. We can't say for sure, I'd say wait until the end of this year to come to a solid conclusion. They never tell us anything, and this wouldn't be our first(or last) surprise with DBG.
  9. Scroffel5

Aren't they experienced on making maps and stuff? Whats the deal with Oshur? Isn't it basically the same systematic process, but shorter because you don't have to rescript everything? Can't you just take the scripts and how they work now and transfer them to the Oshur map? A lil copy paste? For bugs, don't you have to mess up the code somewhere for it to bug or get an update that changes how code works? As for cheaters, I thought they had BattleEye in this game to prevent that. Does it not catch these cheats?