Best wishes devs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Oct 11, 2019.

1. adamts01

Sorry to hear about the Planetside 2 layoffs. Thanks for your hard work and best of luck to you. PS:A was the nail in the coffin PS2 didn't deserve.
    • Up x 4
  2. Skraggz

I dont think they would read it, official forums and all. I do wish them luck on finding a new job.
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

Planetside Arena = DOA

They don’t listen to the community or the veterans. Rest in Peace for Halloween.

SOE designed PS2, not Deybreak games.
    • Up x 1
  4. adamts01

Most of the team was the same after the transfer from what I heard. It's all water under the bridge at this point. All that's left of the PS2 team is Wrel and one other guy. Damn PS:A.
  5. Zizoubaba

As I understand it DBG IS SOE.

They basically got bought by an investment company who renamed SOE to DBG so there wasn't really a transfer, simply a change of name.

(you can read up on it here : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_Game_Company#Daybreak_Game_Company )

Still, there must have been some important changes because how the game was developed under SOE or DBG is like the difference between night and day.
  6. DarkStarAnubis

I think they really hit the bottom when I saw the PSA animation of the guy jumping happily after opening a loot crate...

But it is, as Adam said, just water under the bridge.

Despite all its shortcomings PS2 kept (and still keeps) me playing for maybe two years now and I put in that game more money than in any other game via the subscription.

All the best to the people who lost their jobs thanks to decisions taken by others (whowill most likely keep theirs) .

Having been in that predicament, it is something I wouldn't wish even on someone I hate.
  7. ObiVanuKenobi

There are devs who aren't publicly known unlike Wrel and a_sites. There's an UI guy named Zach who has been mentioned a couple times and BBurness said this
    implying there are more people.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

so basicaly PS:A is a hailmary that didn´t work out i take it ... ... and people ask for a PS3 sequel ..
    well there isn´t realy much else to say in this regard ... gonna jump into PS:2 every now and again foras long as it may inevitably shut down, and i hope that´ll be a long time but still ...

best wishes to the affected devs and that they may get a quick replacemeantjob