ASP and directive weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Oct 10, 2019.

1. TRspy007

Just a quick question, is there a reason why we aren't allowed to equip directive weapons when using the ASP perks? I never noticed, but when I tried equipping the scorpios as secondary to help get a few kills on it, I noticed I couldn't. Since it's pretty ****, I'd rather use a carbine as primary, so I probably will never aurax that weapon.

Is there a reason why we can't use directive weapons through ASP perks? Just asking out of curiosity.
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

To prevent underbarrel shotguns on infiltrator carbines (back when that was going to be a thing) and to prevent a Heavy from having two LMGs.
  3. Demigan

That cant be it. You can equip underbarrel shotguns on non-ASP carbines as well so it wouldnt have stopped a thing except for using the ASP weapon itself. Same for LMG's.
  4. JobiWan

I think it was just an arbitrary decision because reasons. It's not like any of the directive weapons are particularly great.
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

That's just what I've heard, I never bothered looking into it too much myself.