Make the "killcam" and actuall killcam wich can help new players

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Senpai, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Senpai

Just played for a few minutes now and i must say whoever created this "killcam" did not tought it out...

From what i heard you did it to help new players wich honestly is a good thing. I remember back in the days how badly i wanted this game to have a killcam becaues i often couldn't figure out how I died.
    Problem is, what you did does NOT help new players. Since it shows the enemy after he killed you it does nothing but revealing his location. You could also just put a point on the minimap where he exactly was it would have done the same and it would "help" new players in the same way: not at all!

A traditional killcam like it's often seen in other games wich shows how the enemy killed you (form his perspective) would actually help new players and show/explain how they got killed. Also they could learn from it and copy strategies.
    I actually don't like to say this but you did a streight up terrible job with this "killcam" and i hope that you notice and improve it...

Sorry for any mistakes i made. English is not my native language.

Edit: I do not care about the revealing location part i just think that you could really make new players enjoy the game alot more with an actual killcam
    • Up x 5
  2. Jbeasty

Remove it altogether imo, but I agree nonetheless, in its current form, it is just a tool for veteran players to get revenge on each other and breaks a bunch of play styles.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jbeasty

Played for 5 minutes got a bounty and already am accused of wallhacking by a BR 24. Death cam has done wonders for new players....

Bounty for 5 lives too....I hate this lol
  4. AllRoundGoodGuy

I think they should have made it a traditional kill cam, where it shows you how you died. The only issue is that I'm pretty sure it would have a significant impact on performance for the game to constantly be recording your last 5 seconds. If I had to guess that'd probably be why they made it how it is currently.
    • Up x 1
  5. banet

I totally agree with you This killcam is a garbage
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

For those of us with with less then stellar vision, any chance you can post in a higher contrast font color?
  7. karlooo

I was really exited we where going to get a real killcam.
    But this is very disappointing, they should completely remove it next update.
    All it does is just show the players position, it’s just ruining the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. That_One_Kane_Guy

Agreed. One of the few things I liked about the COD series was the fact that how I died was never a mystery if I wanted to know. This style of cam serves no real purpose aside from a few specific scenarios that don't really need a killcam to resolve.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

I think a killcam you're talking about is going to require much more coding sophistication including caching data temporarily. It might not be possible with the player counts in this game.

I lack the details but remain pretty confident we didn't get a killcam like that because of technical, not design, limitations.

I'm digging it though.

I've found some benefit from it even as a veteran. Found a lot of the 1v1 that I was losing was a 2v1 where an enemy I had discounted was actually engaged. It's helped a bit with prioritization.

Also adds another layer to the gameplay. You see me sitting in the same place after the kill....and assume I'm doing it because I'm dumb. I'll cya in a few :p
  10. karlooo

They don’t even need to put effort into a killcam. To help new players all they have to do is just put more info at the death screen and make the info more visible. Like show where you recieved damage on your body, make the map that shows where you got hit from larger, it’s too tiny...and whatever.