I withheld judgement till I tried it...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Aug 29, 2019.

1. adamts01

But the new aerial alert is a giant fail.

The pick up and drop off points are too close. Balls of rep gals still dominate anything and everything else. All aircraft need to transfer the same amount. On top of that, everything but ESF should have a cost, even if it's reduced.

The point of this alert should be air combat. Not being a stationary turret in a Lib, an immortal valk, or an immobile ball of rep gals.
  2. iStalk

You should see how emerald is lol. During air alerts I just play infantry because vanu zergs the **** out of anyone. SKL is cancer, zerg ftw.
  3. adamts01

I'd put good money on Connery VS being worse.
  4. adamts01

I'm being a little harsh. This change is a baby step in the right direction. I can't find it, but Wrel made an awesome post on Reddit acknowledging the problem of spamming rep gals, and HALVED their carrying capacity before this went live.

Bottom line is that this event should not only bring new players in to the sky, but should give pilots what they crave, huge dogfights, if only for half an hour.

Spreading out the fight was a great move. But gals, Valks, and libs can't ne the meta. They can support, and should, but ESF need to be the focus.
  5. FateJH

ESF's are but one category of vehicles, even in the case of flying vehicles. They need to share the spotlight.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

It's all the same to me! When that event procs I ignore the objective and chain pull sky whales to go belly flop some lightnings!
    It's just half an hour of belly flopping fun, I don't even play engi because why repair a free vehicle when I can bail out with drifters and c4 some tanks?

So I still enjoy the event just as much as before!
    • Up x 1
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

I can't believe I never thought of doing that. I'm totally trying that during the next AA event!
  8. adamts01

It's fine for other vehicles to have a place, but no, ESF should have the spotlight. This event is for pilots, and this is what pilots want.