What's your best sounding weapon?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by icufos, May 22, 2019.

1. icufos

Yes, a daft post but I think quite valid.
    Saw another post about finding a gun because it had a great sound to it.

Planetside 2 does have lots of weapons all with their own song to sing.;)
    In this game they seem to have taken trouble over the sounds and that is to their credit.
    So, what's your special firend?

My special friends are..
    1. The KSR-35 Terran Republic.
    The 'peooooow' of this with the sliencer on is frankly wonderful.

2. PS1-AV Suppressor.
    Deepish sound to this. Very pleasing.

3. MG-C1 Kindred.
    Another bassy sound. Sounds plain dangerous.

I've only played TR so far. If there are any on NS/VS let me know if you want to.
  2. 0fly0

Vandal no doubt, god i love that sound , i actually hate my ghost because of that, can't stand that weird laser sound
  3. Campagne

I really like the A-Tross'. A heavy, punctuated sound that seems to fit well with the weapon's aesthetics.

Vandal is cool too, I agree with 0fly0.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

Vandal as well, pretty unique.

Conversely, I hate the Naginata "frying pans banged together" sound.
  5. Rydenan

I'm an NC main at heart, but TR has the best audio. That includes music and gun sounds. My favorites are the TORQ-9 (sounds like a proper machine gun) and the SABR-13 (has possibly the most powerful sounding shots in the game after the Vandal). And they all have that distant crack of thunder, which I love.

Turning graphics to Max, hooking up a good subwoofer, and unloading with a TR rifle makes me physically aroused. The sound, the muzzle flash, the casings flying everywhere... mmmmm.
  6. pnkdth

The TRV. Pure angry DAKKA DAKKA.
  7. Skraggz

I personally like both the banshee and the MCG audio, while saying against them they can be terrifying. But you know what they are and what they will do to you if you're not careful.
  8. Rydenan

I like the Banshee BRRRT in theory, but in practice I've grown to hate it because of it being such a bullshi*t cheese weapon.
  9. Skraggz

Yes but I was really speaking on the mechanics of the gun but rather the unique audio.
  10. AlcyoneSerene

Too many to list. I really enjoy the sound effects of guns and it wouldn't be the same without it. To name just one because I don't think it will get a mention, that emphasizes faction uniqueness so well: NC4 Mag-Shot.
  11. Liewec123

gotta be either MCG or banshee!
    i also like the sound of TRAP (without suppressor)
  12. Exileant

;) I would say my favorite is sound is the Vulcan and T7. :D My favorite sound on Vanu is, you guessed it the standard Supernova round and P.P.C.