[Suggestion] Another flak projectile option.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Demigan, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Demigan

Currently we have one type of flak projectile, you shoot it with a big COF and if it happens to stray within 8m of an aircraft hitbox it explodes and deals damage.

I would like to introduce another type of flag projectile. You can either pick it before you pull the vehicle but preferably you can switch between this projectile and the old one.

The projectile is based on new AA airburst munitions

https://images.app.goo.gl/wKEphVfiCFxUGjS28

It has the same detonation range as current flak but a tighter COF. The projectile deals no damage upon detonation, but instead launches a shotgun pattern or shrapnel forwards. Shots that arent on-target can see your flak detonate and th projectiles completely miss or only partially hit the target. Fire directly on-target and you deal extra damage.

This projectile rewards skill, but reduces consistency of hits. The reduced COF means you have less chance of a flak projectile accidentally straying close to distant aircraft. This reduces the effective range but increases the lethality with accurate fire from MAX's, Skyguards, Rangers and AA turrets (assuming they get the option to switch).
    • Up x 4
  2. karlooo

Oooo sounds cool, I would actually want this to replace the old one.
  3. Demigan

I would prefer it too but keeping the old and adding new is often better than overhauling something that people are used too.

If you can only pick the type of ammo beforehand people will pick what they prefer. People who like current flak are happy, people who want the new happy.
  4. karlooo

There is pretty much nothing to lose by removing it, like all you do is hold the fire button and hope these completly innaccurate shots go near the enemy..and that’s it, you can’t use it on ground.
    Maybe for this new AA rounds there could be some drop and increased accuracy in return, so the players would have to estimate the distance...etc. And it could possibly also be used as a ground attacker with its better accuracy.
  5. AllRoundGoodGuy

Me, *sees a Demigan AA option*
    Me *Presses like*
  6. Demigan

Please also make your own posts about the subject! As far as I'm aware the devs are more likely to change or add something if they see more posts about it!
  7. TR5L4Y3R

players have to estimate their shots already on projectilevelocity ... this is called leading even with homing proximity detonations
  8. AllRoundGoodGuy

I might if I played more, think I've been on maybe a total of an hour in the last 3 months. Also, I almost feel like I'd actually need to play as air to make an unbiased proposition. Frankly, I have zero desire to fly, for reasons I have posted elsewhere.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

also if we go with AA ammo options they may add solid slug ammo that then works like saron precision autocannons aswell ..
  10. karlooo

Yes I know lol.
  11. JudgeNu

If we are talking about the Skyguard, iirc they nerfed its CoF years ago and I have suggested that it was a good counter against Harassers.
    AA/Anti-Harasser

So possibly as you have suggested Skyguard acting as a multi purpose weapon with maybe a timed switch as to regulate OPness?
    Just a dream.
    Harasser needs a hard check imo.
    It promotes greifing and noone logs in to get greifed.
  12. CaptCran

Sounds like an NC weapon when you say "shotgun". :rolleyes:
  13. TR5L4Y3R

yea and? not like the other factions don´t have shotguns or NS weapons with shotgunesque projectilespread ..