Flax / Lock-on vs ESF REAL Suggestion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wolfborne, Apr 3, 2019.

1. TR5L4Y3R

flak can stay, just add the skillweapons allongside it .. and not just auto-saronesk cannons but g2a missilepods and hornets as well ..

otherwise change flak so it proximity detonates to aircraft and aircraft only at a set maximum range when it does not hit it directly .. something we also mentioned before, i however disagree to remove flak entirely ..
    if flak is aimed at infantry or vehicles it shall not detonate ever like it does now ...
    the maxrange detonation may also help avoiding flakexplosions to "home in" into a target you didn´t intend to shoot at ..
  2. TR5L4Y3R

rather lets not "buff" them to the wrong direction ..
  3. AllRoundGoodGuy

Ah, the classic "git gud" argument.
  4. adamts01

I think we have completely different goals. I want flak gone so 1) Ground can actually get kills with their new weapons, and 2) Air can function in large fights.

Without removing flak, and actually adding g2a missiles (assuming they work like a2a missiles) Air will be even more worthless.

The problem is weapons that don't have to be aimed. No-skill weapons. Guaranteed damage that starts to add up as you enter the area. Imagine an infantry fight where each side covered the base in a pain field. You started taking damage as you walked in and could only stay for so long. That's what flak is for air. I'm all for buffing AA to lethal levels, but flak really needs to go.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

podmissiles are dumpfire and hornets were laserguided, i didn´t say anything bout lock ons .. though i don´t see a problem if groundcoyotes were a thing ..
    no, flak is not like painfields .. at all .. flak has still to be aimed and lead against fastmoving targets ..

.... i mean how many times have we both talked about this over the months to years?
  6. AllRoundGoodGuy

At this point pretty much all of the points have been covered. I am literally seeing the same arguments over and over again. Air is OP because of X! Air is UP because of Y!

With the skykights typically promoting option B, and the inevitable Lord Krelas/Demigan essay on how they are wrong. I don't play as much as I used to, and I'm almost at the point of simply not caring. I believe the majority of the air game has been imbalanced sense the start, and not a whole lot has changed.
    • Up x 2
  7. TR5L4Y3R

pretty much ...
    air is op in the hands of vets and just inaccessible to novices that don´t chose to suffer through that hellish process JUST to get competitive ..
    yea totaly agree on air vs ground is just busted ... i guess the majority does too ... .. why dgb still does nothing on ... who the f knows ..
  8. Baneblade

It still annoys me that ESFs and Libs get a free HoT just by flying as an engineer, while ground vehicles, which have a much harder time getting away to repair, don't. Especially now that tanks are even easier to kill by anything that was killing them before.
  9. TR5L4Y3R

tanks are easier to kill by "tankcannons" so aircraft vs tanks afaik there hasn't changed much ... meaning the vehicles that can kill you easier than before are also affected .. exception would be the harrasser .... at least on groundfights people have ways to retreat and repair ... if a aircraft hunts a vehicle that vehicle is dead regardles if it can't deal with the aircraft ..
  10. adamts01

That's not necessarily true. Consider an aircraft hunting an AP tank. Things can turn around quite quickly. And that's a great thing. I'm of the opinion that weapons should be less specialized, so that people can have an edge in a fight, but the fight isn't decided before it starts.
  11. Baneblade

At the very least Tank Cannons should have an alternate M20, like the Vanguard in PS1 did. Or even an M12 to limit it to taking down ESFs.
  12. TR5L4Y3R

as i said a vehicle that can´t deal with aircraft ....
    take basilisk ant f.e. .... can deal with default esf novicepilot who gets close .. can not deal with podmissile esf novicepilot as it get´s outdamaged ...
    good luck with liberators if they catch you farming cortium ...
    a ranger/walker ant may have more luck, maybe even bulldog if the pitch is high enough ...

speaking of AP tanks ... imho especialy these cannons being antivehicle than antiinfantry should have some more pitch for AAduty considering how easier (but not easy perse) it is for a dalton to hit enemy aircraft ..
  13. adamts01

I get it, I just wasn't that clear. I think weapons should be a little less specialized, which in turn would make everything a little more usable against everything else.

Thus is especially important as the game dies, because it'll become more and more important that people be able to shoot each other.

I'm not against specialized combined arms, but this game is more CoD than tactical, and heavy specialization just doesn't suit it.
  14. Scrundle

It's a losing battle; refine the air game as much as you want, turn it into the perfect thing that you all wish it was, it'll still have the same problems and those problems aren't going to go away. Why? Because no matter what you turn it into there will always, ALWAYS, be a group of dedicated pilots who just farm infantry. Take away all the A2G weapons and they'll do it with A2A weapons. Take away weapons of any sort and they'll do it by ramming. It's what they do.
    You aren't fighting against infantry players for balance, you're fighting against those people and those people don't care in the slightest about the knock-on effects of their actions, they just want to kill the new players who don't know how to defend themselves.

It's nice to dream though so go ahead.
    • Up x 2
  15. Skraggz

Total not an unbiased opinion here :rolleyes:
  16. Scrundle

Never claimed to be, I hate A2G farmers with a passion. It's my opinion that they have harmed the fabric of the game beyond repair already. This isn't even from a perspective of "AGH THEY KILLED ME AGAIN!" it's from the perspective of all my friends have stopped playing because THEY died to air farmers. I don't personally give a damn if I myself get killed and farmed that's just part of the game, but when the population is dying off people really need to think twice if they should be farming those newbies or not.
    I'll be playing planetside 2 until the day they switch the servers off but I don't know how much fun those A2G farmers are going to have with only a single target left online. Brings to mind thoughts of people eating all the seeds in the storehouse then wondering why the fields are bare.

So no, I am not unbiased at all and I'm not trying to be. I'd rather see the game fixed than feel good about my forum posts.
  17. TR5L4Y3R

so basicaly give infantry airlockons by default ..
    THAT invantry dies to any vehicle is unaivoidable .. and yes THAT will not be ever fixed unless you remove ALL vehicles from the game .. if your friends could not handle that .. welp ..
    there will ALWAYS be farmers .. in a ground vehicle, in an aircraft and YES as infantry ..
  18. Skraggz

Sir, don't be silly... people play online fps to kill others not to be killed by others.... that's blasphemy.

And if you can't kill others just quit the game. Or ask for participation rewards....
  19. Scrundle

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as it is obvious there's a language barrier issue here but you seem to have misunderstood what I said so I'll try to clarify it; When an infantry player gets killed by another infantry player, they implicitly understand that there was probably something they could have done to change that outcome. The same is true for when that infantry player dies against a vehicle, though there is also an understanding that the outcome was skewed in the vehicle's favour from the beginning. What your average brand new infantry player does not automatically understand is that the same is true for air vehicles. The classic assumption is that air vehicles (Especially the ones implied to be the smallest/weakest available to the player) aren't flying tanks with massive firepower but more akin to flying cars, so the first time this player dies to an ESF he goes "Whoa what happened". The second time that ESF comes around he is ready for it, shoots at it and still dies. On the death screen he sees that the ESF still has full health. By the fifteenth death and two relocations later that player now thinks ESFs are ridiculously overpowered and should be made weaker. This is further made worse when it's the same one or two names doing the killing. We understand that this is not the case but I am not talking about you and I, I am not talking about the people like us with thousands of hours in-game.
    How is that not understood? This isn't a problem for US, it's a problem for the GAME and it's longevity.

What a toxic outlook, instead of telling new players to quit we should instead be looking to equip them with information. Make it clear that ESFs are to be treated the same way you would treat an MBT and the problem becomes far lesser.
    As it stands my statement that A2G farmers are putting off players is, as far as I can tell, true.
    • Up x 1
  20. Skraggz

I wasn't telling anyone to quit the game, I was pointing out how your friends obviously don't belong to the fps genre if they can take a few frags, and they gave up.

Dying, is a part of the fps genre, dying over and over is a part of the learning curve and awareness in planetside. If not a A2G farmer, it will be a HE tank, Max, Cobalt whatever, Heavy, Infil.... it's all excuses.

Also the word that describes my last post is not "toxic" but rather facetious.
    • Up x 1