Place Bugs Here

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Freeze74, Apr 17, 2013.

1. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Zone Crashes and NSO creation problems should be fixed now.

Since the Game does not know where to spawn NSO Chars yet, I've set a (few) bases on Esamir to NS, so NSO Chars are able to spawn there.
  2. ChiarosR

Thanks, it was good to at least be able to spawn somewhere. Sadly the patchnotes from the 30th stating that NSO characters get assigned a faction were wrong. Still no faction assigned. Also no nanites gain.

Walking outside of NS spawn rooms works, but then you can't walk back in.

And for some reason getting certs from xp worked, but didn't display in the tab menu's "earned" certs section.

In the profile submenu leaderboard, NSO characters have an NC background (blue). In the tab list of a fight, my character was shown in red, as if he were TR. But he still capped the base for NS. The cap itself had a lot of weird visuals: https://prnt.sc/mfbly3
  3. whiskers434

ns character getting spawned in the middle of the map under ground, no ns bases, i guess the ns bases got removed with continent lock/unlocks
  4. MichaelS

NSO still utterly broken: Why did you even ask us to test?
    You are not really assigned to a faction. You are the Gray faction. I can only spawn in my AMS or in the middle of the map, in a (currently) VS spawnroom, that I can not enter when I leave.
    There seem to be no Painfield damage in enemy bases.
    On Engineer barriers, there is only the frame visible.
    There are Items for mines missing. Infiltrators have 2 different mine icons for the same mines in equip screen.

and lots more you probably already know from internal playtests.
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

I've set some bases to NS again, hope that helps.

6. Braken

Not getting any nanites on my NSO character. Kinda hard to get anywhere with only one spawn point, and no access to vehicles.

It really feels like the faction is too incomplete to actually test. I mean, they don't even have access to VR. And why don't they have a MAX?
  7. Døc_

Ho-kay! New update, new bugs! All of these are NSO oriented.

• Using the examine (magnifying glass) on an armor camo/decals displays the camo/decal applied to the faction you're assigned to, doesn't display an NSO character wearing the camo/decal (displays MBT's, faction specific planetmen, etc depending on your assigned faction).
    • NS-45 Pilot doesn't show the magazine exiting the gun when reloading (long time bug or oversight).
    • The NSO main bodies are still bleach white in the loadout but seem fine in game (only saw the model when dying, the textures seemed to be there and the NSO wasn't bleach white), might be an incorrect texture pathing or something of the sort.
    • No access to Squad Certs
    • Assault weapon directive missing a final level reward (Seems like the Kuwa is actually meant to be an assault weapon directive reward, since the weapons that contribute to the directive for long rifles are the archer, the vandal, tomoe, daimyo, all either infiltrator/engineer weapons. Maybe swap the Kuwa to the assault weapon directive rewards, and add an equippable NS-AM8 Shortbow or something of the sort for the long-rifles? Another idea could be an all class equippable tomoe.)
    • Join combat doesn't function, displays location it'll transport the player to but nothing happens after the countdown.
    • Self-placed spitfire auto-turrets will shoot at NSO (even ones you've placed down yourself)
    • Attempting to quick-spawn a vehicle from the map menu doesn't work (you can bring up the menu to spawn a vehicle, but selecting a vehicle and trying to spawn at a base in a lightning, ant, etc doesn't work.)
    • The faction specific voice lines bug out after a while, joining vanu gave the NSO a vanu voice, but eventually defaulted back to NC. (Highly suggest giving these guys their own voice lines, instead of trying to keep them faction specific.)
    • Some of the vehicle hud crosshairs default to NC (TR colored crosshairs when using sunderer weapons), while the rest of the hud elements are faction specific (cortium counter and crosshair on ant, sunderer weapons, harasser weapons, but all vehicles need to be checked for this).
    • Some of the unique tool skins (like the recon dart gold edition) are unavailable for purchase and cannot be equipped (without access to the anniversary bundles, don't know whether or not this also applies to the AE medic gun and repair tool.).
    • You get hitmarkers, not grief warnings, for shooting at allied terminals.
    • You cannot use allied jump pads.
    • Aiming at NSO pulled sunderers causes player's crosshairs to show red (enemy) instead of green (allied)
    • No faction specific tutorial VOs
    Feedback/Thoughts: I like the idea of having some unique directive rewards for NSO, but I feel like the weapon rewards -shouldn't- be inspired by the NSX class of weapons. I haven't had the chance to test any of them, but on paper I don't see why anyone would really use them. Why not give out Auraxium remixes of some of the classic guns, like the NS-15M, the NS-11A, the NS-11C, PDW, etc! I thought buying the PTS's auraxium bundle would give us access to these guns to try them out, but I surprisingly only got access to The Kraken on my HA! Why would I want to use the Masamune Auraxium directive reward, when we could be getting a cooler looking decimator, something that every heavy assault brings into nearly every battle. Again, I like the idea of directive rewards, but you might as well just release these auraxium versions of the NSX weapons as side grades that could contribute to the directives - and in turn give people something they might actually want to grind for, like an auraxium NS-15M, etc.!
  8. Døc_

Oh, and though there's going to be a new PTS update - something that wasn't mentioned in the fixes but something to be brought to attention is that you can still kill allied NSOs in the faction warpgate.
  9. ChiarosR

New Carbines:
    • Horizon's "Beta Configuration" attachment doesn't work. It can be equipped alongside other attachments of the same type and doesn't seem to have any effect.
    GUI:
    • (Tested yesterday, but didn't notice fix in patch notes) Some visuals on the TAB screen are still not properly coloured when using an NSO character: http://prntscr.com/mklcoc
    • The quick-pull and class select menu on the map isn't updating its visuals when used. The menu still works fine, but none of the icons change (when selecting a vehicle or class/loadout).
    Misc:
    • (Tested yesterday, but didn't notice fix in patch notes) Was the XP gain for capturing points lowered? I only get a single point-conversion XP tick at the end of capturing a point, not the usual multiple ticks over the capture process. Tested on an NSO, but I assume it's the same on regular characters.
  10. FriendlyHuman

Bugs with NSO:
    1) You can't use vehicle and aircraft terminals in VR Training.
    2) You can spot and shoot NPS-allies and NPS-allied vehicles in VR Training.
    3) Can't use allied teleporters.
    4) Can't buy Contstructions for certs.
    5) Can't tie himself to spawn tube (construction).

Just bugs:
    1) Spawn timer on almost any location don't show correct (new) time.
    2) Quick spawn shows vehicles which you can spawn depending on terminals that you have on your location
    3) You can use quick spawn for vehicles but after choosing vehicle it don't show what vehicle you choose
    4) Can't see benefits on TAB
  11. MichaelS

Still no painfield damage for NSO near enemy spawn rooms
  12. MichaelS

Why was there a need to change the login UI? it looks cheap, not simple. The character model is cut off on the head, that should change. There is a missing Button description for NSO UI.MembershipRequired.
    NSO still don't take painfield damage at enemy outposts. (there was no NSO fixes in the patchnotes, so i guess that wasnt a focus this time)
  13. Doom721

14. Braken

NSO character creation is disabled again, but in a different way. They require an All Access subscription, but you can't get that on the PTS.
  15. Stinger3054

Current production PS2 allows me to drag the game window across my 3 monitors and set the resolution to 3117x1841

Test DX11 only allows me one monitor at 1080x1280.

My 3 monitors are in Portrait orientation. I have 2 Geforce GTX 580 in SLI mode.

Video Card configuration below.

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/02/2019 22:37:32
    System name: DAD-PC

[Display]
    Operating System:Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
    DirectX version:11.0
    GPU processor:GeForce GTX 580
    Driver version:388.71
    Direct3D API version:11
    Direct3D feature level:11_0
    CUDA Cores:512
    Core clock:855 MHz
    Shader clock:1710 MHz
    Memory data rate:4212 MHz
    Memory interface:384-bit
    Memory bandwidth:202.18 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory:10964 MB
    Dedicated video memory:3072 MB GDDR5
    System video memory:0 MB
    Shared system memory:7892 MB
    Video BIOS version:70.10.34.00.82
    IRQ:Not used
    Bus:pCI Express x8 Gen2
    Device Id:10DE 1080 15883842
    Part Number:1261 0002
    GPU processor:GeForce GTX 580
    Driver version:388.71
    Direct3D API version:11
    Direct3D feature level:11_0
    CUDA Cores:512
    Core clock:855 MHz
    Shader clock:1710 MHz
    Memory data rate:4212 MHz
    Memory interface:384-bit
    Memory bandwidth:202.18 GB/s
    Total available graphics memory:10964 MB
    Dedicated video memory:3072 MB GDDR5
    System video memory:0 MB
    Shared system memory:7892 MB
    Video BIOS version:70.10.34.00.82
    IRQ:Not used
    Bus:pCI Express x8 Gen2
    Device Id:10DE 1080 15883842
    Part Number:1261 0002

[Components]

nvui.dll8.17.13.8871NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdplcy.dll8.17.13.8871NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdbat.dll8.17.13.8871NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdapix.dll8.17.13.8871NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    NVCPL.DLL8.17.13.8871NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvCplUIR.dll8.1.940.0NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvCplUI.exe8.1.940.0NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvWSSR.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Workstation Server
    nvWSS.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Workstation Server
    nvViTvSR.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Video Server
    nvViTvS.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Video Server
    nvLicensingS.dll6.14.13.8871NVIDIA Licensing Server
    NVSTVIEW.EXE7.17.13.8871NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
    NVSTTEST.EXE7.17.13.8871NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
    NVSTRES.DLL7.17.13.8871NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
    nvDispSR.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Display Server
    NVMCTRAY.DLL23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Media Center Library
    nvDispS.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA Display Server
    PhysX09.17.0524NVIDIA PhysX
    NVCUDA.DLL23.21.13.8871NVIDIA CUDA 9.1.104 driver
    nvGameSR.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
    nvGameS.dll23.21.13.8871NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
  16. P149U3

Nanite operatives can take friendly fire damage in WGs
  17. silent wave

My first time installing and running the Planetside 2 Test Server. Crash to Desktop when loading a (new) nanite operative character. Can't delete the character or make a new one. I guess that excludes me from the event pretty substantially, right? ;)

Upon a third attempt, I successfully deleted the character and made another one. Game still has CTD when logging in for the first time. And it takes a while to log in before crashing. It never does finish logging in.
  18. LaLaBear

It's not just you, sometimes these things happen and they get it working or just reschedule.
  19. Mr. Thoughtful

Your character is still there. Server issues for most if not all at the moment.
  20. silent wave

After the game checked its files and reported no problems, this was no longer an issue. I don't know if that is related or if it was something done on the server.