Planetside 3 on Stadia ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mekk_TR, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Mekk_TR

Have you seen the google's presentation on their gaming system, Stadia ?

Because all will be on a cloud, They pretend that there will be no latency and no cheaters....

That was like music in my ears... because thats the 2 major problems in PS2....

I dont know if tere is a PS3 on project but for me it look like a perfect match between Google and Daybreak if the there is such a project. At least PS2 on Stadia ?? easy way to do an interesting relaunch !
  2. Gen.Drake61

planetside arena is planetside 3,dude,as far as i can tell,planetside 2 is the last non battle royale game they have made,or will make.also, googles horrible at supporting their apps and services,if it doesnt work out,they will shut it down like they did their other projects,services,and apps,just look at google+.
    • Up x 2
  3. Pacster3

On the other hand: At the current situation what do DBG have to lose? I mean, unless PSA, DX11 etc. get the game a sudden and impressive influx on players the game will not survive anyway. So it might be a win/win situation for both and in case they fail together they would have failed each on their own as well...
  4. AlcyoneSerene

I haven't heard or looked into it, but how would that solve the latency issue since your user input still needs to travel varying distances through different routes through the net?
  5. Gustavo M

And also no players because it's completely inaccessible for most (if not all) current players. Oh, and also massive input lag because the internet is not fast enough to flawlessly stream games like that.
    • Up x 1
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This isn't an official opinion or anything, just me speaking as an individual and not an employee. I am unaware of any plans having to do with Stadia in the future, and as far as I know there's no official launch date out for their new platform.

Anyway, I got to demo Assassin's Creed on Stadia last week on the floor at GDC. As of right now, there's definitely significant input lag from your controller to the screen. I don't feel confident that it would play out well in a large-scale online shooter environment like PS2 in the platform's current state. It seems to me that something like Stadia will be best suited for solo players that don't have any other access to gaming hardware, and it certainly won't replace my PC. There could still be work going in before launch, and I didn't get to test online play, so hey - maybe it will deliver when it does come out!

(Again, these are just my opinions from the demo as an individual, and not at all representative of Daybreak's opinion/relation/anything with Google Stadia)
    • Up x 6
  7. Gustavo M

You could always create and use an alt account, you know. :p
    • Up x 1
  8. Roxxlyy Community Relations

I like being a real person sometimes, I swear! :)
    • Up x 2
  9. AllRoundGoodGuy

Bot detected, might want to look into updating recaptcha....
  10. DIGGSAN0

Hear hear! Finally a human answer :D

I didn't thought it is possible :)

It is nice and beautiful to hear personal impressions from the Devs. Please keep that attitude :)

Back to Topic:

What Internet do people need to play this technology without any Input lags?
  11. CypherQc

Its an addition of multiple latencies :
    Your mouse cable (~8ms) + chrome compacting the packet (~2ms) + home network latency (2~18 ms) + sending packet to google (18~160 ms, depending on provider) + sending info to daybreak (~9ms? Wed have to check their latency vs google) + planetside server stuff (hard to estimate) + sending info back to google (~9ms, but again wed have to check) + google compression of image (seems to be around ~15ms which is impressive imo for 4k) + sending images back to you (18~160 ms depending on provider) + home network latency (2~18 ms) + decompression by chrome (~10 ms) = sometimes over 400 ms depending on location or internet provider. Thats's the main problem. Sure you could get 9ms internet.. but theres still way more latency than the <60 ms u get with a gaming pc setup and good internet
  12. TRspy007

Planetside actually has less cheaters than most games, it's ignorant people who constantly cry "wolf" that have blown this issue out of proportion. The DX11 update makes it even harder to hack, and stats posted said that in the last years only about 20 different people cheated in this game, which just goes to show how ridiculous it is to assert cheaters are a huge problem. only had 4-5 encounters with them in nearly 7 years of play
  13. Campagne

[Citation Needed]
  14. Gibber

As a player from Oz with our awful internet these streaming services are an automatic avoid. The latency with PS2 is bad enough playing on US servers let alone with adding even more input lag.

I knew they were being stereotypical Google with their claims of 'no latency' which just defies the laws of physics. There's also a whole lot of anti-trust concerns where you'll never actually own any games.
  15. OgreMarkX

Umm, as a guy who works in IT, if a former employee of DBG is logging in to an employee account, then DBG has some SERIOUS security issues.

Roxxly, maybe you haven't moved on yet? If so, understood. But holy hell, if ex-employee accounts weren't shut down immediately at the places I work, holy hellfire, and terminations.
  16. Gen.Drake61

part of the reason the game is failing hard (particularly on ps4) is this:
    https://kotaku.com/one-video-game-company-has-murky-ties-to-trump-s-lawyer-1825896842
    most of the points i covered in this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/gendrake61/status/1141168371200909312
    the others im just going to include my dbg criticism video:

and yes, me and my friends have been harrassed many times in game due to the dbg refusing to handle the teamkilling issue, ive come to the realization that gaming is no longer a safe space after 2016:
    https://twitter.com/gendrake61/status/1140758278915416065

population info:
    https://ps4us.ps2.fisu.pw/population/?world=1000
    even if dbg doesn't go back on thier word to continue to support and develop planetside 2, its already failed on ps4 due to all these factors (and seems to me from the pc players posts that the pc version will eventually head the way of ps4 too.
  17. Gen.Drake61

in all honest i don't play it as much as i use to (i use to play 15hrs a day, now at most 4 hours occasionally (with my friends mostly, for saftey in case someone starts **** due to all these issues...its just sad...)
  18. Chtuga

Any news about Stadia? :)
    I would love to see Planetside on Stadia! I have preordered Stadia, and well this is really one of the games I want to play there!
  19. TR5L4Y3R

no you wouldn´t .... this is google we are talking about ... and they turned youtbe to sh ite after they took over ..
    no latency and no cheaters on stadia? .. PAH!