On the Subject of PTS NC MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Inogine

Also concerning that group switching. Already know they're going VS if they do. TR hasn't got any crutches for'em.
  2. HippoCryties

The MAX SHOULD NOT be stronger than infantry at killing people. Sure it can have more health but it should fill a niche roll of AA and AV roles. This NC MAX running around is basically immortal lol, 1 deci and ure dead , it’s quite shocking people are defending that bs but it’s probably becuase it’s all they’ve ever known to do when they get outskilled
  3. Inogine

I main TR so... Dunno nothin' about that last bit. I also don't know what this immortal thing you speak of is. Dies pretty quick if you hit it with some well placed rockets or chuck in some C4. Hell, mines do the trick too. While I'll say that perhaps reigning in a little bit of the murder power to just 1 click with all the guns might not be a bad thing, this nerf is a little more heavy handed than that.
    • Up x 3
  4. Liewec123

you guys always seem to forget that you're fighting something with the resource value of an MBT or Liberator,
    when an MBT or Lib rolls up and oneshots your puny planetmans you don't complain, because it looks like a giant gunship or huge murdertank, but because max doesn't look like that you guys are always like "he shouldn't kill me so fast!"
    you can already click one button to hurl c4 across the room and oneshot the max...

i never understood this mentality of people not expecting to have their free cannonfodder infantry killed by something that cost as much as a battle tank or gunship.

HE prowler clicking 2 times to murder a whole group, thats fine because it looks like a tank,
    but an NC max killing one dude, NERF!
    • Up x 5
  5. WinterAero

It's an unpopular perspective and one that never changes. Yet the real reason for problems is the people playing.

It's a cry baby atmosphere where people want a eternity to fight back an escape. Any death feels cheap to them. So a sniper should take 20 headshots to kill them, a tank round should bounce off, a MAX should be like the early valk days - free certs full of planetmans and useless. A harasser should be a 'tickler' that barely functions or does anything. And so on. You need to get an understanding of not only how ******* thick this community is - but also how selfish and self serving.

They couldn't care less for playstyles outside of their own. They will cry endlessly because they can't be bothered to equip or co-ordinate things that take more effort than a free planetman.

That's the reality and its pointless even discussing it most of the time. Developers should get some balls and ignore the playerbase entirely, short of the high tier players discussing game balance with them live/on voice perhaps once a year or after every patch cycle. Too many cooks spoil the broth and if you think im wrong - look at CAI and what your cry baby tears earned you.

This community is full of spastics essentially. I don't regularly pull a max because of the nanite price vs defeat. Most people scarcely bother to rez you on a push anyway. Its over too fast and they want a shot at a kill, not dying trying to help you.

MAX is already a free cert farm. You hear it coming, you bait it and boom. If it doesnt advance you corner pop with rockets and the same result. Max is already fairly worthless, unless the population is so lopsided or small that its not what the game was balanced around anyway.

So congratulations. Slowly your incessant ******** along with a useless attitude towards hitbox and subtle cheaters, is going to entirely finish off the game. Playstyles will eventually be infantry only with the combined arms more of a joke for a little fun crossing between bases.

You better hope for some sort of better long term max improvement than this - or those players will join the vehicle players like calisai and quit as well. As usual this community is beyond ********. Nobody remotely good at the game had much of a problem with early gen maxes or rushes. We still stopped them.

People quit because of pandering. All you are doing is deleting their investment. Cosmetically or otherwise. They won't stick around. Bank on it.
    • Up x 3
  6. Skraggz

I'd not debate/argue with him. He had opened a post not to long ago asking why the banshee gets so much hate. He seems to be bias.
  7. Trigga

You sure?
    Your little emotes dont convince me, but your language does:
    Im sure being a member of a specific outfit isnt mandatory in PS2, saying 'he is driving the gameplay of others' is nonsense, unless your talking about making his enemy react in a certain way in which case; gameplay as intended.
    Believe it or not some people play to win the objective, not play youtube kill montage generator.
    There is no requirement to win without it, thats what im trying to say.
    Youve created this arbitrary ruleset inside your own head about what is ok to use and what isnt.
    You then get pissy and abusive about people who dont follow this non existant ruleset.

Also, hate to burst your bubble on this, but no1 is here for your respect, no1 cares if you think theyre a laughingstock, as an example; the laughingstock just won the alert because it was willing to do what was necessary, not worry about opinionated self obsessed players who make up their own game rules.

:):(:mad::rolleyes:o_O
    Can you guess my mood?
  8. JibbaJabba

I can guess your mood, yes. Triggered. Of course you care what others think of you. What non psychopathic human wouldn't?

So you go be proud of yourself. Puff out your chest with pride that you won some base or alert by leveraging imbalance in the game. Go be so proud and tell yourself that you're good at the game. It's the same thing everyone else does so why shouldn't you? Others could do the same but chose to do it without the crutches. Sure, what dummies, but like you they are proud of it.

Don't worry that we're impressed by them but laughing at you. As long as you won the, how did you put it? "non existent rule set".

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just telling you what happens when you do it. If it doesn't bother you, then it doesn't bother you.

9. TR5L4Y3R

except i totaly hate the change of flakarmor which i primarily ran as engineer because screw having to be stationary in a antivehicleturret and get all kinds of sht thrown at you including oneshot Av-shells ..

here is the thing though ... tanks and aircraft are mostly outside of a base and as such can be avoided
    however in any base you can run into a MAX .. if you are an infil even with a explosive crossbow you are likely dead ..
    the next best unit to deal with maxes are heavies with rocketlaunchers or AVgrenades
    engineers either require a turret or AV mines of which the first you can forget if you run into a max as by the time it spawned you might be dead and for the latter you need at least 2 to be dropped at a place were the max may run into or it´s otherwise wasted ..
    and dropping them straight on a max may kill you as well, archer is primarily used for antimax at range otherwise you need to 2 headshot .. so archer at close range 50/50 i guess ..
    rockletrifles on singlefire are as bad as explosive crossbows, typhoon even worse cause you almost need to be in buttouching range, and magdumping is inacurate AF so here the LA has to rely on his mobility ...

so yea the only real option atm is C4 .. which as a max is just frustrating because against archers or rocketlaunchers and even AV mines you can survive and go take cover ..

and no i´m not saying that maxes shouldn´t be able to deal with infantry reliably but infantry should have an option to fight back which imo similarly against vehicles is just not the case ..

i´m of the opinion that giving more AV/antiarmoroptions to infantry would be better for the infantry vs max combat as well were MAX´s can keep their level of lethality ...

give AV grenades to infil and medic and grenadelauncherprimary/or rockletrifle/or archer for medic but then take away c4 or make it AI ... LA get´s additional AI c4 to need to chose between the two options, HA should only have AI c4 cause it has AV grenades and engineer imo doesn´t need C4 because of the mine- and turretoptions ..
  10. Liewec123

but they do have a way, every class except infil has access to c4,
    heavies are the most popular infantry class and can all 2-3 shot maxes from across the room.

an LA can use flash nade for a good long while of cover for an easy c4 kill.
    (LA is my main class and i always carry flash nade, maxes aren't an issue!)

and even several people not using AV weapons can take out a max with a few seconds of small arms fire.
    a max has 10k hp, which seems like a lot, but guns in this game fire 130-200 dmg bullets at a rate of 500 RPM and up!

there is always an option to fight back against a max, but people need to get out of the mindset that it is just another class.
    NO it cost as much as a tank, if you take a max on as solo free infantry class without the tools for the job, expect to die!
    just as you'd expect as an infil firing your explosive crossbow at an MBT, do you really expect to win?

you could have pulled a lib or mbt but instead you pulled max, so you absolutely should be much stronger than infantry.
  11. HippoCryties

Yes Nerf that ******* ****. It can walk through a ******* door and kill us inside and ruin an entire fight... hmm all the MAX users don’t seem to understand that !

C4... takes 6000000 years to explode and I’m not sacrificing my infantry survival in the form of medkits to kill some ****ter once and then he’ll jsut pull another.
    Mines... pahahahhahahaha. Funny one
    Try some ahem* well placed rockets on a MAX that kills you before you can even ******* say “dayum”. You’ve clearly never played against a horde of NC MAXes and you probably main NC MAX anyways let’s be honest.
    All the ****ters complaining about the nerf are just so pure garbage they know they screwed if it’s nerf does it’s job
  12. HippoCryties

Your dumb arguments honestly make me laugh aloud. Probably becuase you’ve never played infantry and only play NC MAX
  13. TR5L4Y3R

the MAX more than anything is an armored class .. it´s the bastardchild of a light armored vehicle and infantry .. it´s both another vehicle AND another infantryclass since unlike vehicles it can be revived which you also have to consider .. a dead max =/= destroyed vehicle ..

and as seen with esf´s and harrassers or valks small arms fire isn´t always enough and since the max does cost nanites it just makes sense for infantry to have options against it that also do cost nanites ...

also one Ex-crossbow infil may not win against an mbt maybe not even one with access to addional Av grenades but how bout at least 2 getting in its backside? .. cause that could be an option then instead of the infil being entirely chanceless basicaly never allowed to get out were there is vehiclepresence or one infil could have a chance against a fairly damaged tank ..
  14. Trigga

Proud?
    Triggered?
    Impressed?
    Strange words for some1 who is not taking this way too seriously? ;)

But on a less comical point: its great that you value aim skill over everything else (correct me if im wrong), its a good thing to have, but if aim skill gets beaten by simply taking the correct equipment every time, in otherwords forethought > aim skill, then what are you doing solely devoting your gameplay to aim skill?
    Doesnt that make you not so great at the game youre actually playing?
    I mean you even point out yourself that this is the case, yet refuse to change your skillset or mentality.
    Isnt that your fault?
  15. Liewec123

atleast my eyes work...
    apparently you can't even see my signature.

probably explains why you keep getting surprised by the slowest unit in the game.

FACT is, on the PTS NC max is doing less damage at EVERY range than TR and VS,
    and not only does it do less damage (which is hilariously ******** for shotguns to do less cqc damage)
    but it also has a tiny fraction of the sustained fire of the VS and TR weapons.
    only an idiot or someone with extreme bias (like you) would consider this balanced.
    (honestly did an NC max kill your parents? you seem incredibly bias and bitter.)
  16. TR5L4Y3R

FACT also .. it´s only that way on the PTS which still is subject to change before it hits live .. if at all ..
    just sayin .. .. some people here act like PTS = LIVE ... no i´m not saying don´t critisize/give propper feedback to the changes but dang at least make that distinction ..
    • Up x 2
  17. HippoCryties

Real funny. I’m called biased as is basically every person in the infantry community in this game because you say so. Cool. Not my problem ... your max is gone, now fight us how infantry are supposed to fight, as ******* infantry
  18. Liewec123

i'm sure people can read the thread title and understand that we're talking about the state of NC max on PTS.
    (except maybe HippoCryties)

no i call you bias because you're rejoicing about a clear case of an overnerf.
    you are the epitome of bias.
    again, do you not see my sig? you seem to think i spend my whole time in max, or even on NC.
    when infact my most fun at the moment is cqc phaseshift.
  19. Sazukata

Folks... Is it really fun or worth it to take yourselves so seriously? A word of advice: Leave the e-bushido in your teen years.

On topic: I think they're on the right track, but not quite there. Reducing its overspecialized range/RNG reliance and excessive lethality is a good first step. Raising ammo reserves is another. Assuming the damage model is in a good place, now it could use some extra sustained fire or better reload.
    • Up x 1
  20. Inogine

I'm an idiot so... :D

*Coughcoughlookatmymaxstatscough*

Only that long to explode eh? How time flies.

You don't want to sacrifice anything to kill someone. Gee, it's almost like you want things to conform to you having an easier time. The horror of having to come out of your comfort zone to kill something or you know... adapt to the battlefield. You're right, everything should be able to one shot everything. There'd be no problems then, right? But hey, you just killed a pesky engineer/heavy assault/medic that dropped a C4 near you doing a pretty good chunk of damage only to have him "pull another" and kill you with the next brick. Sound familiar?

Also again, I'm a TR main so... what? I think the last time I LEGIT played NC was years ago. Other than that it's not about the nerf doing its job, it's about it going too far and running the NC max into the ground so hard it won't exist. That's bullcrap from any perspective.

That and I still disagree with the VS walking away with the buffs here. If they're gonna put the effort to bring VS weapons up THAT high, better put in that effort for the two other factions to. As it stands, I'm against the VS buffs as well. That Heavy Cycler "buff" is anything but.