PS:A delayed till March

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HippoCryties, Jan 24, 2019.

1. HippoCryties

What we’ve discovered during playtesting is that while we’ve made significant strides towards that goal, there are crucial feature enhancements and core systems improvements we can make that will lift PlanetSide Arena to the level it deserves. This game is a passion project for our team, with massive potential to occupy a unique space within the PlanetSide series and the overall shooter genre. And while we agonized about this decision down to the deadline, we ultimately decided taking extra time to supplement our feature set, fully optimize engine performance, and improve server infrastructure was absolutely necessary to deliver the quality, polished game the PlanetSide community deserves.
    Read more at https://www.mmorpg.com/news/planets...-of-march-26th-1000051280#i3qHZIwL6gAOjWKz.99
  2. Liewec123

a good decision for PS:A, taking time to iron things out is always good (look at Atlas lol)
    and also very good news for PS2!
    • Up x 2
  3. Voodoo4500

Not delayed for me :D I preordered and will be playing this Tuesday on beta. :D I'll let you suckaz know how it is.
    • Up x 1
  4. kingduckling

i wanted to buy, still kinda want. But this is just what i didnt want to see, i would suggest, no preorders gentlemen.

Just trying to oversell their product in such a exaggerated manner. You know what the community wants, they know what you want, or maybe its just me and my crazy ways, wanting to see some content before buying anything.

Then again i read that if you subscribed in december you might get a beta key so that might be cool, regardless still want to see some content before putting money down.
  5. adamts01

So.... You're pre-ordering games in 2019 and we're the "suckaz"?
    • Up x 1
  6. Nenarch

I pre-ordered, with the intention of not playing. I'll play PS2 over PSA, only thing is that if my friends want me to help them out in PSA then I'll join but my main focus will be PS2.

Sandbox game better in my books than an Arena game.
    • Up x 1
  7. Voodoo4500

Who cares? It's $20. It's not like I preordered a $60 game and even if it were $60, who cares? It';s only $60.
    • Up x 1
  8. csvfr

This confirms the fears some community members had, that PS:A would carry over the same glitches and core engine issues that PS:2 already suffers from.
  9. AlcyoneSerene

This is indirectly admitting that PS2 itself is flawed, which it is, network performance variations that are unaccounted for by game's software, poor ability to detect and ban cheating, performance-related issues impacting certain weapons especially TR.

I fully believe currently there's bias against factions (TR) by not awarding rewards on continent alert ties (Esamir unstable continent alert tie with TR just now given to VS) or making gimmick or broken attachments. So far from the little I've seen of PS:A there's only NC & TR stuff. Where is VS in PS:A? This is supposed to be the same franchise, so why cut out that faction: I get it, it'll be two teams or something, that's fine, no reason for those 2 to not be drawn from the 3 or 4 (NSO) factions at random, or by player preference, or however that will go.
  10. adamts01

No one should willfully waste money, regardless of amount.

That aside, I do my part to protest the way games are currently released by not pre-ordering, even if I know I'll buy them in the future. If PSA works, I commend them for delaying release to polish it. But more than likely it doesn't work and they had no choice but to delay.

Pre-ordering PSA in particular is like buying a used car without a warranty, without seeing if it even starts, from a dealer with a history of selling broken cars. I'm waiting for the reviews for this one. And if they nail it, and any mode other than BR is popular, I'll happily support it.
  11. icufos

I've already bought it on Steam. I've no problem with this.

Rather have a good working game than something released in a hurry.
  12. DarkStarAnubis

They announced PS:A almost out of the blue and committed on a release date at the end of January. Since the development of such titles takes a lot of time, when they announced they should have been pretty close to gold, most likely almost hands-up in terms of development: if you see videos of software engineers acting as planetmen you are pretty much in marketing/pre-launch stage, otherwise people are 300% busy in fixing last minute issues.

Then they must have been discovered some major design and/or implementation flaw, committed all hands to try to fix things and activating strict radio silence ("No news, good news", typical corporate mentality when problems are looming over the horizon)

A couple of days before the release, when time is up, announce a major delay.

Having worked for +20 years in the software development industry it is nothing new or unusual, just poor management leading to an Epic Fail.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

hmm 4 to 5 potentionaly good movies or one online multiplayergame that could be well busted and worse dead on arival ...
    i mean if you have the expandable income more power to you ... i guess ..
  14. Twin Suns

DBG fires 70 employees over the Christmas Holidays. Then delays their second foray into the Gold Rush of 1849 "Battle Royal" market.

Illusions of grandeur.

o7
  15. icufos

Honestly, I'm happy with this. It's cheap as chips. I paid nothing for PS2 and it's the best mmofps ever.
    I preordered PSA to support them so they can eat and not fall over.
    PSA needs your support. Otherwise we're all stuck with COD which costs a whole heap more than what PSA does.
    Seriously, if I had the dosh I'd buy the company and say. how much do you need to develope further?.
    There's nothing like PS2, it's a unique piece of art. And I'm actually being serious.
  16. BigG

That is right around the corner from Mortal Kombat. You are really breaking my balls here daybreak.