for the love of all that is holly, balance the free aicrafts event :!!:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zizoubaba, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Zizoubaba

for (whatever the time is, 30 minutes?) every ***** pleb and his pet dog spawns liberators, the sky is filled with aircrafts suiciding and doing all kinds of stupid crazy dumb things cause "NO ONE CARES, ITS FREE".

Sometimes, nothing really notable happens. Though, it could be just one person and his friend in a Lib coming back after destroying his lib, coming back again and again and again and again and again.

Sometimes, it's more than one person, and when that happens, there is literally NOTHING that can be done to counter it, because even if you do counter it, THEY ARE FREE!! THEY JUST COME BACK !!!

I don't have any solutions, but I do have suggestion, tie the aircrafts to the anomalies in one way or another, preventing them from roaming the ***** continent like a horde of ***** invincible, invulnerable, and immortal horde of barbarians !
    • Up x 2
  2. Yessme

do you know, that event is dominated by skyguards and flak Harrasers?

lock ons are dump thing too, but "NO ONE CARES, ITS FREE"

and if you get farmed, farmed and farmed by a lib, than isn`t Aircraft that problem.

XD
    • Up x 2
  3. Armcross

I see someones tutorial video recently already had a great effect.
  4. Sazukata

I'm of the opinion that unlimited aircraft for the purpose of the event is good.

Free and unlimited A2G anywhere and everywhere is however very not good.

My recommendation is to reinstate nanite costs during air anomalies, but refund nanites on death if inside or within X meters of an anomaly. Alternatively, keep as is but require nanite cost if definitively AI weapons are equipped (Banshee, Airhammer, LPPA, Spur, Duster, CAS-14, etc)
    • Up x 11
  5. Zizoubaba

My issue is, I just took a base (cause I'm good and I'm cool) so I pull a sundy, and I can't get to the next base.

CAUSE THERE ARE A MILLION LIBERATORS AND ESFS FLYING AROUND.

And if I were (oh I tried) to cloak a flash, hack the next terminal and pull a sundy there .. SAME ISSUE THEY ALL COME LIKE FLIES TO THE EXCREMENT !

"So" you tell me, "use a stealth sundy". That may work in some cases, but if your fighting for a base that has more than 12 pop, you'll get spotted in no time and a spotted stealth sundy is basically dead in the water..

Of course, I see your point that if you "just wana farm", it could be a lot of fun, but personally, I want the next base ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Zizoubaba

what?
    • Up x 1
  7. Zizoubaba

now THERE's a smart idea

*nods head*
    • Up x 1
  8. Vanguard540

Don't tell me you're one of those guys in an MBT complaining they get killed by something else.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

This is funny, because it's EXACTLY how air feels when they finally kill that broken Ranger Harasser, only to see it chain pulled again and again.

On the subject of Libs. Lib teams all have good Libs, and with 3 in the crew, they can chain pull them all day.

It's just how this game is. No logistics, no value to vehicles. Just spam spam spam instant action. Just like infantry. Spawn kill die, spawn kill die, spawn kill die, spawn kill die.....

Don't like it, play battle royal!

:(
    • Up x 1
  10. Zizoubaba

check 3 posts above yours :)

(yes, all 3 of them are mine hehe)
  11. JobiWan

It lasts 30 minutes, if it's so bad, just take a break.
    • Up x 2
  12. Skraggz

Logging off the game should never be the answer. The event was intended to be an A2A event to give something to do. Usually flak ends up farming or trying to but that's just a side effect of current meta. Pulling A2G for free to not even participate in the event but rather farm breaks the free nanites. There was already an incredible suggestion on how to resolve this mentioned in this outside of just log off.
    • Up x 5
  13. Twin Suns

Exactly....bowl:30 time for me. I'm not an Air Dale, never have been. I have no desire to participate in Reindeer games.

Also, I'm a Silverback Deck Ape. My knuckles drag the ground when I walk. I'm just not built for flying like the pretty peoples. ;)
    • Up x 2
  14. Zizoubaba

I was gona reply to him but all I gota say is :

*** what he said *** ^
  15. Armcross

• Up x 1
  16. Zizoubaba

thanks, it's too long for my short attention spam, but no, haven't seen that video!
  17. Armcross

Quick tips not quick enough?
  18. Zizoubaba

no idea what you're on about, I'm assuming you're not trolling, it's a 6 minute video, too long for me for something I don't really care about ..

ohhh wait, that was a joke? :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Talthos

This, I like this. Or, rather than an outright 'refund', your Nanites are steadily 'replenished' while inside the anomaly, at a rate of, say, 5 Nanites per tick (and a 'tick' might be every 2-3 seconds? I dunno).

So if you're intercepted before you can reach the anomaly, you lose out on that guaranteed fast Nanite income, which makes it viable to try and intercept incoming enemy aircraft before they can enter the anomaly.

Finally, perhaps make it so that Galaxies do not trigger the Nanite replenishment, and maybe even keep Liberators from triggering it as well. Using them would still count for the anomaly alert progress, but only ESFs would get the Nanite replenishment bonus effect, so losing Galaxies or Liberators right away would still be expensive, and hurt your chances at progress.

Edit: Alternatively, make it so that only ESFs are free during anomaly alerts, so the amount of Liberator and Galaxy spam is mitigated.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zizoubaba

I love that idea ! (not that I would participate, but I still think it's cool) :)

they might even go the other way and bring the nanite replenishement outside the Anomalie, or maybe outisde of the region where it is, down to less than it would be normally ! (crossing fingers lol)