What about NSO introducing different game play?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Dec 7, 2018.

1. DarkStarAnubis

As they are now, NSO robots are characters using a new armor and being limited to NS weapons.

What about to make those robots behaving differently in terms of game play, thus introducing a challenge both for them and the players opposing them?

Some options:

- robots could be heavier than normal: thus being slower, flying less as LA and being more resistent to firearms
    - conversely, robots could be nimbler, faster but less resistent
    - robots could have a different health/shield composition, e.g. 200/800 making them weaker to EMP grenades
    - robots could have some affinity with vehicles making them more resilient or faster or else but less apt to use certain infantry equipment
    -robots could have better sensors but be also more detectable on the minimaps

They shouldn't be OP so any advantage should be balanced by a corresponding weakness, but should be different nevertheless.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

There certainly does need to be some incentive,
    Currently the sales pitch is just:
    "hey, wanna always play on the losing team? Wanna play without access to mbts maxes and esfs?
    Wanna play with only NS weapons? Then you are in luck! Because for 9.99 a month you can!"
    o_O
    No thanks.
    I'm currently a subscriber and I still don't want to play this self nerfing feature ;)
  3. Ge0mancer

What if it was: You fight on the losing side but get the rewards for the winning side regardless?

Though to be honest I still think a dynamic character switch option which grants those who accept the shift some kind of bonus (and maybe a special directive which would let you reskin into the robots) would be better.
  4. AlcyoneSerene

No real incentive then to play to win, which means at times the faction gaining NSOs to capacity limits faction logins, who would be more likely to play to win, out into Koltyr, in essence making NSOs dead weight and have poor reputation, the complete opposite of their intention.