You can now filter websocket GainExperience events by experience_id.

Discussion in 'Developer Notes' started by airmetforums, Apr 5, 2016.

1. airmetforums

• Up x 1
  2. Merli0n

• Up x 1
  3. Quantum Pickle Jar

I've started work on development for a Planetside 2 companion app. It's still in the works, but I had a quick question about the rights to use the name "Planetside 2" in the title of the app.
    Some quick info about it:
    • Cross-platform built with Xamarin
    • Will be free, was considering putting in a few ads but that's probably not going to happen
    • First releasable build should be done by end of the year
    • Created a reddit thread about it; hoping the app will help draw in more people to the game in some way or the other.
    • I'm using a service ID, so that's taken care of.
    I guess what I'm really wondering is what are the restrictions on naming the app? I read the TOS but I'm still a little confused. I asked Drew about what he thought, and he told me to ask nick.
    [IMG]
    Looking forward to a response :)
  4. Toderiox

Greetings

I am working on a Statistics tracking website for a university project, pure educational end goals.
    But I seem to have a problem with the service-id. I get the message that the service id is not registered, I tried both running it without static ip local and with one, as well as uploading it to a server and registering with the ip address of the server.
    Don't know what to try anymore at this point, help would be appreciated.

Sincerely
  5. Quantum Pickle Jar

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting that issue.
    From what I've gathered from a month of experimentation, there is no workaround, and the only way to know if your ServiceID will work is to just try it.
    One thing to note is that the ServiceID "example" hasn't failed me yet.
    Granted, you have to restrict the number of calls you make, but it's better than nothing, right?

If I may suggest: Have some sort of method or function that checks if your serviceID results in a null JSON or not. If it isn't, nice--and proceed normally.

If it IS null, attempt the call once more with the "example" ServiceID--chances are, it'll return what you're looking for--then have a sort of "alternate" mode that uses an incremental/while loop to restrict of the number of API calls per minute
    Code:
    //make a test call to API with our serviceID

string resultJSON = //serialized results
    string serviceID = theServiceId

int maxCalls = 10; //max calls we can make before we get bricked temporarily
    if(resultJSON != null)
    {
      DoStuffNormally(serviceID);
    }
    else
    {
      DoLimitedStuff("example", maxCalls);
    }