[Suggestion] Server Merges

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Operativ, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Operativ

Hello!

I am an old player of this game, playing nearly since its release (although having many large breaks from it). It's really nice to see how the game has developed, and the development team has been doing a very good job at keeping it alive.

It's also my first post to these forums, because I would like to suggest a server merge with the similar regions, so:

EU Server (Cobalt and Miller merged)
    US Server (Connery and Emerald merged)
    And perhaps give the Briggs players an option to which region they would like to merge - the last part is, because I've done a search related to the merges and found that Briggs is really underpopulated when compared to servers such as Cobalt, Miller and Connery, and they could definitely use some better populated server.

I think that this decision would unite many players into a more organised amount of servers, akin to how The Elder Scrolls Online and Black Desert Online run (with their EU and US megaservers).

Besides that, it would also populate the maps at many more times than just normally, and it would certainly not hinder the player's enjoyment, due to how large the maps are. Encountering players on more uncommon parts of the maps would be also more frequent, which would add even more diversity to the game.

And what do you think? Should the EU and US servers be merged into one "megaserver" for their respective region, while giving the AU people a choice of where to join?
  2. Pelainis117

I would say big NO. Servers already have 200+ ping which is unplayible. If you would merge EU and US servers probably 1000-2000 ping would be marked as "good connection".
  3. DeadlyOmen

Connery and SolTech are a much better merge option.
  4. Armcross

Current population isn't that small for that to happen, exept Briggs. And only a lim7ted numher of players can only be handle b5 each continent at a time.

Lol
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

Tell us, where did you study to become such a great cartographer?
    • Up x 2
  6. Pelojian

devs aren't going to merge/transfer briggs to soltech anytime soon due to piss poor ping time and connection quality issues, TBH the best solution for briggs is for free character transfers to, not from briggs.

if briggs wasn't financially viable it would have been shut down ages ago.

the year of briggs instability a while back combined with the unstable warpgates feature has reduced briggs pop to what it is now.
  7. Silkensmooth

I agree. Before Sol Tech, Connery was a very lively server. We always had 2 or 3 96+ fights. Now we are lucky to have a 48v48 fight. Many are the times i have to log just because there are no fights.

During the day its terrible. I used to be able to log on for 15 mins during a break and kill a few people. Now i'm lucky to see anyone.

I've taken to parking stealthed sundies at enemy battles because often times there are no fights at all on our side.

I'm East coast, and i play Connery because my friend who got me into the game is west coast, and i had no idea that there were even different geographic locations for servers. I usually have about 130 ping on Connery. On Emerald I usually have about 60 ping. So if they put the server in the middle of the country I'd probly be at 100 which is playable.

Even during the recent double XP week Connery was practically a ghost town except for a few hours during primetime which was still mild compared to the massive battles we used to have.

What we need is quantum servers using entanglement to perfectly synch them. Then we can all play at zero ping on the same server.
  8. OpolE

I came back for a session yesterday on Miller. It was a 3 way after cont opened for 2 hours. No enough people still.

ALL IM GOING TO SAY IS IF YOU SORTED YOUR METAGAME OUT WE'D BE ABLE TO OPEN A CONTINENT WHEN WE WANT WHEN THERE'S 2 DUMB POPLOCKS ON.

COME ON PLEASE......

DONT REACH 10 YEARS OF PLANETSIDE 2 WITHOUT IT "ACTUALLY BEING "PLANETSIDE""
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

No plans for server merges at this time, but we'll be watching closely and it's possible that could happen in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.