Another NC Max Post

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Liewec123

while i do prefer mercys for my TR i actually prefer Cosmos on my VS (though i hate their weak look),
    with 167 dmg the headshots are awesome, and the cof might not be ideal for open field fights,
    but across a room it is entirely usable.
  2. adamts01

Maxes in this game were a mistake. Not only are they annoying as ****, broken in NC's case, but they're the sole reason for still having C4 spam as effective as it is as well as Decemator primaries. All Maxes need a rework from the ground up, if they have to stay at all, but in the meantime NC needs theirs ****** with an old 2x4 full of rusted nails.
    • Up x 2
  3. strikearrow

Maybe it was a dual falcon NC max? They might be able to 1 shot you with a headshot at 60m, but not a dual shotgun slug max.
    • Up x 1
  4. FateJH

In the former case, would you then agree that we dial down C-4 raw damage, so nothing dies in one or two C-4, but increase its resistance multipliers for the MAX only? We can do that, you know.

In the latter case, rocket launcher primaries of all sorts first became a thing when playera popularized using them as the easiest way to one-shot people using ding-dong-gitch tactics, with body shots even.
  5. Taris26

lel if you would have read carefully you would have noticed that i corrected myself about the range of the nx max killing me. But still this is too far for a shotgun. There was no possible counter as he turned from a corner while i was Crossing the field.
    And yes it's very easy to get such high killstreaks on maxes if you are carefull retreat if you are on low Health. I did this on my vanu main with both blueshift is very easy.

I don't hate maxes i just think they need to be reworked to have a specific role. they definitly have a place in ps2. Hell i would even be okay with Shield removement from the heavy assault. this would make people Play the less used classes like medic, engi etc.
  6. iller

Every single fight I've been in this past months as NC, I always try to pull Combat-Engie setup first hoping to have lots of MAX suits to repair... ...nope NEVER seen more than 1 or 2 in 98% of bases we're defending. And most of the time, they're running Ravens, Burster, or those other new AV cannons. I'd try and pull the MAX myself but everytime I've done that some Ambusher f***ot insta-detonates C4 on me before I ever get in range to actually shotgun anyone. OP doesn't realize it, but Shotty Max is one of the only MAXes in the game (besides Burster) with a HARD COUNTER against it b/c of those stupid netcode-breaking jump jets
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

That is absolutely in range of a shotgun with slugs. If he killed you in one volley he hit you in the head with one of his shots. Semi-Autos kill in 3 shots at ~30m otherwise. That's tough cookies, but if he had been Heavy with a SAW and the same accuracy you would have been just as dead.
    Then Why-oh-Why would you claim that your Bio-Stomp in an NC MAX makes it out to be some unstoppable murder-machine? Are there special rules that only apply to the NC MAX? Is it possible that we are being affected by confirmation bias? Is Elvis really dead?
    MAX Units are already on the table to be reworked at a later date, after which this discussion will no longer be relevant.
    As badly as you may dislike the Overshield I guarantee you will like the BF3-style Revive Trains that would spawn from this change even less. No need to fix that which is not broken.
  8. HippoCryties

Sorry. Which game where you playing?
    • Up x 1
  9. CaptCran

just lower the magazine, problem solved.
  10. adamts01

1/2 damage, better range, better accuracy, and doubled mags would put things in a decent place. It would probably still be the best Max.
  11. Waspkiller

I mean, One max can take a group of people out... Just saying.
  12. adamts01

13. Waspkiller

Yep, I'm a mear victim of saying constantly "NC maxes needs a bloody nerf because its totally broken"
    "here comes the salt because their maxes is totally broken after being killed infantry wise"
  14. Zearthling

Simple solution in my mind... Nerf the NC MAX Aegis Shield with a heat mechanic cool down period. Holding the shield up begins the heat up cycle, and taking damage to the shield increases the rate of overheating, and if it over heats it forces you to drop the shield until it cools off, and likewise lowering the shield before a full over heat occurs, would still require the cool down of the heat mechanic before being able to raise it again.
    But this will never ever ever happen I'm sure because it would effect the developers game play sessions.
    I suppose one can always wish upon a star though....
    • Up x 1
  15. adamts01

Kristan brought up a great point on the first page. TR and VS, considering both arms, have a worse LMG. That's how their tankiness is balanced. NC, considering both arms, have a longer range pump action with semi-auto fire rates. That alone breaks balance, and then you add their shield in to the mix. A real and fair solution would be giving them either a set of guns comparable to a pump action, or a set of guns equaling a semi-auto, in addition to a shield nerf of some sort.
  16. Zearthling

They could also (properly) release the MAX Melee weapons that actually have skins to start with in the files.
    If they are just going to jam into the game the Fleet Carrier in a pretty much non-functional way (as with the Oshur plans), they could do MAX Melee weapons finally.
  17. Zearthling

MAX punch is stupidly underpowered. IMO.
  18. iller

the one where every light assault can pop a LagSwitch and detonate their C4 on me before it even Renders on my screen
    • Up x 1
  19. adamts01

I've posted videos with corroborating Dasanfall stats of Maxes lag switching my aircraft. I don't use that as a balance argument. Lag switching is a serious but separate issue.
    • Up x 2
  20. Zearthling

The DASANFALL stats completely support this thread, and all the arguments about broken AF NC MAXs. Anyone that says otherwise is just a silly fool.