Another NC Max Post

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Oct 24, 2018.

1. adamts01

**** that thing with a ******* barbwire wrapped bat. Come the **** on Daybreak. Look at the goddamn stats on that thing. Not only the far and away best weapons for the fights that matter, it's infinitely more survivable with that shield.
  2. Taris26

Lately got insta shot down at 60 meter range from slugs. Not even chance to react. ***** OP. Fix it.
  3. Kristan

I think I have figured out what's wrong with NC MAX.

Let's say that both TR and VS MAXes have weapons that equivalent in power of close quarter and high ROF carbines/LMGs. For example Double Mutilator TR MAX has overall ROF of 800 with 143 damage per bullet, which is close to how MCG works, yet MCG is far more accurate than that.

Yet we have NC MAX that has power to oneshot anyone at close range. What kind of shotgun does this? Pump action shotgun! But does NC MAX has the same ROF as pump action shotguns? Heck no. They have ROF of semi-auto shotguns, none of which has the ability to oneshot anyone! Even worse, they even have weapons that have ROF and work as auto shotguns, while keeping the oneshot capability (but not sure about it, gotta test it out).
    • Up x 2
  4. Kristan

Whenever we have biolab meatgrinder with NC, I don't even bother pulling AI MAX. Pounder MAX is the only way to deal with these pellet spamming walking coffins. Infantry could sort the rest.
  5. JobiWan

"But they have no range"
  6. Liewec123

here we go again...

they could pull an archer and 3 shot the max, nope go to the forums and QQ
    they could hurl c4 across the room and oneshot the max, nope go to the forums and QQ
    they could shoot the max twice with decimator (or stick it with an AV nade and one shot of decimator)

there are so many max counters in this game now that when i see these constant nerf threads for the slowest and most expensive unit in the game it kinda pisses me off a bit,
    mostly because DBG do listen to you guys and nerf c%%p that doesn't need nerfing just to finally shut you the hell up.

when was the last time you QQed that an MBT one shot you, or a lib?
    oh you don't complain? is it because they look like big vehicles and you expect to be oneshot by them?
    they cost the same price as max but are far faster, deal far more damage and are far tankier.

hell, even a lightning which costs way less, is far faster,
    deals more damage and is far tankier and people are fine with getting oneshot, because it looks like a tank.
    but give it legs, make it the slowest unit in the game, allow it to be killed by 2 rockets or a single c4 and increase the cost,
    and suddenly people are offended when they get killed by it..."herpderp! that thing shouldn't kill me!"

that thing is the same value as an MBT and lib, yes, it should be killing you,
    no you should'nt be oneshotting it, but you can anyway.

YOU CAN LITERALLY ONESHOT A MAX FROM ACROSS THE ROOM WITH A SINGLE C4.
    complaining that your FREE infantry got oneshot by a 450 nanite unit,
    when you can oneshot that 450 nanite unit for only 75 nanites.
    (or totally FREE by simply shooting them twice with decimator...)
    enough already.
    • Up x 2
  7. HippoCryties

Wow sir, you really have.
  8. HippoCryties

No, not if as soon as you show your tiny self to the big boy you get one shot by his mattocks, I’ve taken down significantly less NC maxes cos they are just too good in CQC, I can see what you guys mean when you say they got no range but

SLUGS, AND THEY ARE GOOD
  9. FLHuk

Oh goody....
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  10. Liewec123

if you're gonna lie atleast check the stats first, it is impossible to 2 shot with slug mattocks at 60m.
    i'm not even talking about the highly unlikely claim that you got hit by 2 slugs at 60m at the same time,
    (which in itsself is EXTREMELY unlikely, but hey, it is possible so i won't call out that part of the lie...)

but by around 20m max slugs CANNOT kill in 2 shots.
    it is literally impossible.

so no, you did definitely did not get instant killed by a slug max at 60m.
  11. Demigan

Just give the NC MAX access to an AI canon (that Basilisk weapon does not count) and the TR and VS access to shotguns.

You can still keep it faction-specific by for example allowing the VS to charge something while firing and upon release letting a small blastwave rip.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kristan

What you've just said applies to EVERY SINGLE MAX in this game. TR and VS too.

But you know what? If you fail to kill someone as TR or VS MAX because their weapons doesn't instagib, it means that your target has chance to get behind the corner and pull said C4s and Decis. But if said situation happens with NC MAX, it leaves no chance for escape and cover by simply instagibbing the infantryman, leaving no chance to retaliate, to use the methods you've listed above. Yet if that still happens NC MAX has convenient tool - a bloody SHIELD!

So sit down, your argument is invalid.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

you realise that a competent TR/VS max popping headshots left and right is far deadlier than an NC max right?
    you're still dead before you can react, but unlike fighting an NC max, they can keep firing and firing and firing,
    with 400 rounds to work with... instead of 20.

secondly don't pretend it is some gigantic feat to shoot an NC max twice with decimator,
    as if the nc max is some artificially intelligent aimbot god ready to target and kill you in the 0.2 seconds that it takes you or another heavy to peak around a corner and shoot it in the face.
    if we really need to i'll log on today as my TR/VS alt, pull a decimator, find a max and kill it, and then upload the gif here,
    if i do that will you guys stop whining? obviously not!

or shall i upload one of the million gifs of the times the buggy aegis shield you call a "convenient tool"
    has done absolutely nothing and i've died because i relied on it instead of simply running.

at the same time we could invite you to pull an nc max and see how long you survive,
    without playing like a backline ofcourse, playing like a max, breaching rooms, pushing the front.
    if you survive 2 mins without getting c4'd or decimated then bravo, because believe it or not,
    NC maxes aren't the unstoppable death machines that the hyperbole in this thread claims them to be.
  14. That_One_Kane_Guy

So if you fail to kill someone as a TR or VS MAX they escape, but if you are in the "same situation" with an NC MAX the target dies? How? If you fail to kill the target you fail to kill the target. Was there a stealth patch that turned all NC MAXs into reality-warpers?

For the MAX, the most likely scenarios are thus:
    A. You kill the target.
    B. You heavily injure the target but do not kill.
    C. You inflict only minor damage to the target.

With NC MAXs, you are more likely to fall into either A or C. For the other two, you are most likely to fall into A or B. And since combat doesn't happen in a vacuum, it's always going to be better to leave an injured target than an uninjured one.
    Let's be honest here though, 90% of the time if you turn the corner and theres a MAX looking at you, you're probably dead dead no matter what color it's painted.

If it's an NC MAX your survivability increases significantly if you can survive the first half-second. If you can Snagglepuss quickly enough and he misses a shot, you will probably make it. If it's another MAX, you may not die immediately but you are in danger all the way to Stage Left and missing some shots for them isn't as significant to the outcome.
    This I can agree with. The NC has probably the best MAX tool for breaching and supporting friendly infantry. It would be cool if MAX abilities were split into a Breaching ability for soaking damage and supporting infantry and a Defensive one for securing a position. Then let players choose between the two based on the situation. MAXs are supposed to be due for a rework soon across the board so this kind of discussion may be pointless, though.
    • Up x 1
  15. Trigga

Take an NC MAX, grab just a single shotgun on 1 arm.
    Shoot a target once.
    See if it dies.

Spoiler:
    It does not.

Conclusion:
    NC MAXs do infact have semi-auto like shotguns, ROF is correct.
    • Up x 1
  16. adamts01

Read closer. He's comparing 2 TR arms against a single TR LMG. It's only fair to compare 2 NC arms against a comparable infantry primary. And he's spot on. TR and VS essentially get two arms that add up to a crappy LMG, and NC gets a pump action with the fire rate of a semi-auto, which gets to reload behind a shield. It's ******* broken any way you look at it.
  17. Kristan

In order to pop headshots you either need Mercy/Blueshift and relatively close to the target, otherwise your aim is utter crap, because COF of the other guns is huge! And it still doesn't instagib like in a click of two mouse buttons.

400 rounds? Mutilator has 150 rounds per arm at max. And you need a looooot of time to unload that at the fire rate of 400 RPM of each gun. You'll get sooner killed, rather than those mags to be emptied, which makes such huge amount of ammo obsolete. Grinder on the other hand has 12 shots per arm with extended mag, 6 pellets each. That means 144 pellets from two arms by the course of 4.5 seconds!

Now you're just being silly.

If we're talking half measures, could you please point me at TR weapon with 400 RPM that is not a pistol?
  18. Kristan

Also I'd like to point out that amount forum threads about OPness of NC MAX is waaay to higher than threads about AI variants of VS and TR MAXes. :rolleyes:
  19. Taris26

Ok

There is so much wrong in this Statement. First of all it's much harder to hit one shot infantry with a lib or a mbt. second mbt can't enter bases. mbt and lib are very situational while maxes are quite populor because of how easy they are to use and also how easy you can get kills with it. better Player start using maxes when to save their kdr. I don't care if i get one shot by a lib or a mbt because thats just the way it is.

Yes it was not 60 meters rather 20-30 meters i checked distance in vr, but still it's a shotgun and i went down very quickly no chance to react and I had full Health. And no there was no counter ability for me. No c4, no archer, no rocket, no Nothing could save me there. It was just insta kill and this happens all the time. why do you Keep defending it?

Yesterday i got frustrated and i pulled a max in a biolab and i got around 50 kills and only 2 deaths. Does this not seem op to you? Is this the way max should work? Yes it's not only nc max, all maxes are too powerful. Make the max a close range powerhouse and im fine with it but the way it is now is just really frustrating.
  20. Liewec123

oh, is this before or after you got "oneshot" by an nc max at 60m
    please, go to VR right now and pull a slug max, you will notice that beyond 20m it takes 3 shots to kill infantry (even infils),
    you will also notice at 60m, even crouched and stationary (c4 bait) it will take several volleys to even hit the target,
    and when you do hit it will take you several shots to kill them.

so i need to ask why we should believe that you went on a 50 killing spree with max
    when you've already made one impossible claim here?

it sounds to me like you hate maxes and are making things up to make them sound as OP as they are in your mind.