[Guide] MG-H1 Watchman: Highly Technical Weapon Guide

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Iridar51, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Iridar51

• Up x 3
  2. Armcross

I like 4x scope. Good thing
    I have wide mousepad.
  3. Klondor

Can you believe that people adamantly say that this weapon is garbage? I can't, i regularly clear rooms with it, this is by far my new favorite LMG, i'm even prepared to step back into making Montages because of this marvelous tool of death and destruction.
  4. Iridar51

It's somewhere on the TORQ level. Personally I don't like it, but it clicks with a lot of people.
    • Up x 1
  5. Klondor

Well, i'm making a sudden 180. After playing more extensively with this, this weapon is pretty awful when it comes to accuracy. Why on earth would they give this thing a standing ADS value of 0.25, that's 0.05 off from the Artmistice and Hailstorm, it's reminding me a lot of what the pre-buff Butcher had going on, missing too many shots when they should be hitting because they keep straying too far away from my point of aim.

I hate to say it, but the Watchman needs better accuracy stats.
  6. DarkStarAnubis

+1 on increasing ADS accuracy.

What's the point of having IA (thus increasing DMG at the far end of the range) if the weapon is rather ADS inaccurate to begin with.

As bullet hose for short range engagements is not bad, but there are already alternatives on the table

1. If you want a lot of bullets but long reload --> Carv
    2. if you want not many bullet but quick reload --> MSW-R
  7. Iridar51

It's not "at the far end", IA does higher damage than SPA at 20m already. When moving, Watchman is the most accurate LMG out there for first 5-6 shots.
  8. DarkStarAnubis

You are right Iridar.

I was equating IA with HVA (less dmg at short range, more dmg at long range) but IA does not do that.
  9. Dualice

Very nice guide, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately I can't get on to play PS2 right now or I'd be quite keen to try out the Watchman; TORQ is one of my favourite infantry weapons.
  10. Ragnarock

This weapon can be very strong but it has some issues. I think it needs some accuracy improvements to make it a viable mid range weapon. Something the TR lacks in my opinion. no LMG in their arsenal can get close to the deadliness of the gauss saw, and this could potentially change that.
  11. VhynSeven

While the ADS accuracy is indeed bad, you have to account that :

- the recoil of the Watchman is on par with the Rhino, Bull and TMG-50, with the added bonus of kicking fairly to the right, unlike the previous 3 which kick left and right,

- the TTK with IA is 0.630 sec at max range. This is by far the best TTK across any Terran LMG. Just to compare, at max range the T9 CARV and the MSW-R have a TTK of 0.72 sec, and the TMG-50, Rhino and Bull are over 0.80 sec. To make things worse, even with a 125 dmg profile, the ROF of the Watchman allows the weapon to keep the same TTK of 0.56 sec of the T9 CARV and the MSW-R.

This is why the Watchman has such a poor accuracy. If the weapon efficiency wasn't held back, it would be the best LMG in both CQC and medium-long range scenarios.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ragnarock

That is kind of sad because in its current state this weapon is not god at all for medium to long range combat, which is the reason why I'm using MSW-R over it.
  13. Iridar51

It's not. Among LMGs, Watchman has the best ADS Moving accuracy, which is the stance you should be using 95% of the time.

Rhino and Bull have better recoil across the board for the first few shots. TMG-50 has less vertical recoil only with Compensator, and worse horizontal recoil. All of the mentioned weapons have rather different recoil patterns that play out differently in-game, they cannot be compared directly just like that.

There is no situation when angled recoil is better than non-angled one. It's 2018, wake up, people!
  14. Ragnarock

I don't know what exactly is wrong with this gun, but its terrifyingly bad in practice now that I gave it another shot after a few months of experience.

What a shame though, its such a nice looking gun.
  15. Iridar51

What guns do you usually use? If you're used to guns that do more damage per shot, especially 167 or 200 damage ones, then Watchman requiring more shots to kill may make you feel like it's taking longer to kill, because you're subconsciously judging expected time-to-kill by number of shots.
  16. DarkStarAnubis

Often I think that discuss TTK only using DMG and RoF is misleading to say the least. A much more solid discussion should take in account CoF and Bloom, because even if a player manages to handle recoil as best as he can, there is nothing he can do to decrease the growing CoF except stop firing.

The Watchman with IA "on paper" has one of the best TTK if not the best LMG TTK across 10-90 meters. But that assumes all bullets connect, which is hardly the case.

The moment you begin to burst fire the theoretical TTK becomes meaningless: and the higher the distance to the target, the shorter the amount of bullets you can shoot before being forced to reset the CoF.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ragnarock

I did try the NC and TR defaults, the promise, bull, msw-r, tmg-50,NS-15, and after all those I've decided to unlock the watchman.

I've expected something similar to the NC's promise, which is an excellent gun for non stop firing. (If I understand correctly this weapon has a very small cone of fire increase while also having great stats overall,making it a lazer beam.)

With the hype I've enjoyed the crazy high ROF of watchman for a few hours, but It was a huge disappointment in the end though. Using this weapon against other LMGs I was always at a disadvantage and no matter how hard I tried to master its recoil pattern it did not matter in the end.

To give you a sense of how bad it feels, I'm now using the dragoon instead, with a 2x scope, and despite having a very small magazine, I'm having an easier time in CQB fights.

So TL;DR ; the watchman feels very random and unrewarding. Its completely unviable to the point I think it should not exist.
  18. Ragnarock

I think this explains my problems with the watchman perfectly. Whats the point of having a crazy high rate of fire if I'm forced to tap fire it so that its accurate?
  19. VeryCoolMiller

ttk is too high ... it feels like a gimped version of msw-r
  20. Gutseen

u wasted your time, AGAIN.

there are ONLY 3 viable guns for a TR HA - NS15, The Bull , and Carv.
    the rest is **** and aint worth the certs