current range of strikers is simply not enough

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VeryCoolMiller, Sep 24, 2018.

1. VeryCoolMiller

Sorry guys... I may understand that you reduced the striker range for performance issues in the anomaly event... but current range is a joke... the weapon is quite pointless now :(
    • Up x 1
  2. Skraggz

Weapon was not meant for you to sit 2-3 hexes over to lob at an anomaly. The weapon is far from Pointless, you just want to abuse it.
    • Up x 7
  3. HippoCryties

Can’t agree more , although you don’t need to be so outright about it xD
    • Up x 2
  4. Skraggz

I have been a bit hostile recently, I'll do better. BTW I killed you the other day on an alert lock, was using the full auto shotty (directives and cheese mode) VS on Emerald is Swabbi.
    • Up x 1
  5. Demigan

3 hexes is at minimum 750m in length. Lowest I've seen the anomaly was 450m off the ground, and lately all anomalies seem to touch the skybox with the top of the outer sphere so that would be what, 700m off ground level asaumig the top and bottom of the sphere are 300m?

Anyway, 450m above ground would mean the previous patch Striker had 875m range? Is that range correct? Because people often throw "range of X hexes!!!'" somewhere when talking about aircraft withour realizing how far that actually is.

What's the new range?
  6. Skraggz

The patch note said range went from 5 to 2, bringing it to 445. Not sure what the original range was, I'm sure I could dig a bit. However the Dev note said that striker was reaching "well beyond the range vehicles would actually render."
  7. Gustavo M

Pretty much a tl;dr of all "Please buff (thing)" or "(Thing) is fine!Stop crying about it!" threads.
  8. VeryCoolMiller

new range is 400 meters
  9. Demigan

That would make it 1112,5m range. Or if it is brought back to 400m then it would be an even 1000m.
  10. strikearrow

The striker used to be effective up to 800m and that is insane for a lock-on dumbfire no-nanite cost infantry weapon. 450m is reasonable - the same range as other AA lock-on rockets. It's still stronger than all other AA rockets, but at least it's not an insane 800m anymore.
    • Up x 2
  11. HippoCryties

Ahhhhh dammit. Shotguns make me rage soooo hardddd you actually wouldn’t believe it. Simply because they take no skill, personally I’ve never used one for 5 years now xD.
  12. Skraggz

Gotta get my directives somehow, I do feel the cheese from them though, I have no shame.
  13. NXR1

I never had a problem with its range but its velocity is a joke.
  14. Eternaloptimist

I use the Striker and I find the battlefield range is still decent (although I used to enjoy the ridiculously long range it had before). Takes practice to lead fast movers passing across your line of sight, but then it always did.
  15. Demigan

Such a strange comment.

Shotguns have RNG in their pelletspread. While hitting takes no skill, hitting enough to be competitive takes a lot of skill. With a Carbine if you aim off-center but hit, you still do full damage. If you do that with a shotgun you easily lose 20 to 70% of your DPS in one go depending on how many pellets go off-target simply because you didn't aim pinpoint perfect at your enemy, and that's at closer ranges. And what's that? COF? So not only do you have RNG for firing your weapon, you also have RNG for where the center of the pellet spread is going? That's a double RNG you have to deal with!

To be competitive with shotguns you need to be more skilled than any other weapon. Most weapons are simple point-and-click weapons. Shotguns require you to play the environment and your opponents to first get in close, then you need great aim to land enough pellets to win the DPS race with your opponent. There's a reason why shotguns are one of the least used weapon types in the game, even though we have multiple fast firing weapons (LMG's, AR's, Carbines, SMG's) that each individually are taken more than shotguns, why would the shotgun class be used so little it was so cheesy? Cheese is the name of the game here! And if there is already enough choice of fast firing weapons, why wouldn't the low choice of shotguns be used more often?

You could pick solid slugs ofcourse, but that changes your shotgun into a poor mans battle rifle. It also kind of sacrifices the entire reason why you would pick a shotgun in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  16. C0smos

You either trolling or you're just an other shotgun tryharder.

The striker was ******** OP, now it's fine.
    • Up x 3
  17. Pacster3

Then I got to be impressively skilled cause I'm currently getting my 4th shotgun(3rd consecutive) to auraxium and it feels like borderline cheating. I need like 20-30% less time to auraxium those than other weapons.
  18. Sazukata

That is because it's a specialized weapon class that is more effective when used in its intended scenarios. I perform fairly well with my Bruiser, but I obviously don't run it all the time. And when I do, I make sure to avoid ~10m+ fights and never stop repositioning.
  19. HippoCryties

No no no nooooooooooooo. Other weapons have recoil bloom and ads movement speed multipliers which all have to be taken into account.

Shotguns- See mans, fly with OP ambushers so he can’t hit you, point shoot dead. No question
  20. VeryCoolMiller

Shotgun in the current state are simply useless...

it's fun when you manage to chain kill 3 ppl with nightmare... but they are not effective.

And you actually need aim to land all the pellets... the problem is that is way to easier land 3 headshots with a carbine ...