Vanu is dead in Connery

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UnleashedKin, Sep 5, 2018.

1. UnleashedKin

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

21% and you can't even hold from North Indar gate? Back in the day when Helios was not Connery, we TR could hold half the map with just slightly over half the continent population you have so long as a fight was not at the Crown.
  3. UnleashedKin

ever since we lost orders channel many leaders got fed up and left, therefore our command is almost non existent. Not to mention that we have a horde of scrubs who pick sniper and stay in the spawnroom trying to shoot somebody even if there's no way they could possibly kill something.
  4. pnkdth

5/7 active caps is verus VS + at least two NC defences next to the VS WG. Yikes... Not calling it a double team since it just inevitable when the pop looks that way.
  5. JibbaJabba

Come to NC Emerald. We need help.
    • Up x 2
  6. Cyropaedia

There was a string of alert defeats a few months ago that frustrated some of the faction's leaders/outfits (i.e. reducing a popular Korean outfit). VS approaches normal (old off-peak pop) during peak Asia hours and basically only wins alerts on the weekends (with TWC2 and DPSO running active). Sometimes we get lucky and everybody (VS) is on during West Coast evenings weekdays. It will be harder to win alert prizes like Deringer, Showdown, and Paradise Camo now that we don't dominate for sure. But I think Connery's overall pop and strategic dominance still favors VS. So try to pop in during weekends and the holidays at least.

Edit: Crazy theory. I wonder if VS has more working professionals or students which explains periods of low pop but high performance and cohesion. Funny if true.
  7. Blam320

You can thank The Wild Cards for screwing over Connery VS. They literally can't do anything unless they have overwhelming numbers advantage. Their singular tendency to zerg alone gives Connery VS a bad rep. Not to mention they constantly teamkill, and do nothing to improve the skill of their individual members.

As for your point about Orders chat, VS on Connery hasn't had competent leadership for a while. It's always been advertising for Harasser squads or TWC whining about how they're facing some stiff resistance, despite having 10-20% overpop on the one lattice they chose to roll.

Additionally, VS pop significantly dropped for the Summer event. I strongly suspect that people left to play on their alts.

Plus, Connery in general has lost a lot of players in general due to high-ping Asian players across all factions. When Soltech goes online we should be able to entice some of them back.

Finally, there have been a lot of new, shiny games that came out recently, leaving PlanetSide (split between two platforms, the original decision to port the game being it's own mistake) in the dust, thanks to poor new-player retention and no marketing besides word-of-mouth.
  8. UnleashedKin

it would seem like someone needed to lose his **** in command chat to beat some sense into the VS.

perhaps we won't fix our pop issues soon, but we will try to work in our command.

we were on our knees, but i hope we can rise again.
  9. Skraggz

No you don't. I have seen both TR and NC peg 40% during prime time. Thought about playing for vs but no striker.... still may swap.
  10. Beerbeerbeer

Just remake another character on another faction. Seriously the meager population bonus isn’t worth being a target dummy.

You’ll enjoy the game much more playing another empire that isn’t scraping the bottom of the barrel in regards to players.

Besides, I want to see what happens when one faction literally drops to almost zero because the idiot, dingbat developers can’t incentivize getting locked in your warp gate by 5 stupid percent of more experience.

So switch factions. Trust me, you’ll thank me later.
  11. JibbaJabba

I didn't say we need help with population. We have that. It's all noobs.
    • Up x 1
  12. AlcyoneSerene

Make the VS alt, it's worth it. There's great team support and leadership and VS remains strong somehow despite consistently low numbers on average. I spend more time playing VS since I have some friends there, and the great team work makes it worthwhile to earn and spend certs. It's also refreshing to switch faction. I always miss my TR and the unique stuff TR has - if my friends no longer log in, I'll go back to TR consistently as the certs are worth 'more' in that regard.
  13. Malebranche

This is the reason why Im proposing that there should be limited deaths during a continent lock alert. The higher pop faction only gets to die 3 times before they get banished to Koltyr or some other continent, and the lowest faction pop gets more lives.

Of course, TKs and medic revives do not count.

This will encourage better communications and tactics instead of the usual zergfests.
  14. Skraggz

Just because you have an idea doesn't mean it's good, stop doubling down on that HEAVILY flawed idea. Koltyr means no progression or fun on the character. Being kick to another continent without an enemy is just the same. A vastly better idea would make the low pop factions gain vastly more exp/nanoites with a steep drop off as they even out. Problem fixed without trying to run the player base off.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kdog559

Lol like EVERYONE relies on TWC2 for everything. We are an outfit that backs our outfit up and wherever we go. Most the time people get the impression we are zerging but in reality we are the ones that get followed a lot because when we drop our platoon or platoons on a base to take that can be easy or hard to take everyone or most people that aren't part of TWC2 join the fights because they see that's were the big fights are at. Everyone zergs so stop acting like you never seen it before. All factions do everything that we have done before. Some more than others but quit relying on a certain outfit to please you and instead join one that you are comfortable with and can enjoy the game.Personally I like it when our pop is low because that means I have more people to kill. Yea we probably cant defend our bases with low low pop but you got to make the best out of it.Ive seen this crap many many times. So welcome to PS2.
  16. OneShadowWarrior

I thought that at first last night, but then we pushed back from Warpgate, you can’t do much when both Empires gang up on you. I’ve had the same happen on Terran Republic and New Conglomerate. No one likes to be camped, I have faith in Daybreak when they redo the spawn system.

Keep the Vanu fight alive and Worship and hope for technology to prevail.
  17. Malebranche

Well if you keep dying then maybe the fault lies with you. :p
    • Up x 1
  18. Skraggz

In a game where HESH shell spamming and shooting from the spawn room are a thing, I find your comments to be more comical than constructive. You bring nothing to the table that is worth noting.
  19. DeadlyOmen

I like cherries.
  20. adamts01

This whole thread is comical. From what it sounds like, VS can't rely on the Koreans to carry them anymore. Haha, now you know what every other faction is like. VS isn't dead on Connery, more like the only decent large outfit on the server disbanded. You still have your zergfit, same as TR and NC.