Fairness concern with hotfix applying today 6/19

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, Jun 19, 2018.

1. JibbaJabba

Patch notes for today state:

MG-HBR1 Dragoon
    • Explosive Ammunition arming distance was removed. <--Good Call.
    • Explosive Ammunition's splash now deals 75% less damage to allies. <--This. Not cool.
    • Explosive Ammunition no longer reduces velocity by 50m/sec. <--Good Call.
    • Single Fire Barrel attachment now works. <--Good fix!

This now constitutes the only point in the game I'm aware of where damage applies differently to enemies vs teammates.

Would you be cool with NC's piercing ammo doing 75% less damage to allies? No? Ok, same kinda thing here. This is not cool.

I declare shenanigans.
    • Up x 2
  2. Skraggz

As a tr main, I support your cause. If friendlies want to bolt into my LoF while holding a corner, they should get mowed down as fast as my enemies.
  3. Liewec123

lasher already has this ;)
  4. Prudentia

lasher had this for almost 4 years now.
  5. Demigan

But to keep it faction-specific the NC needs a 75% damage increase against friendlies.
    • Up x 2
  6. JibbaJabba

Very well.

I also wish to declare shenanigans on the Lasher.
    • Up x 2
  7. JibbaJabba

I run slugs on my hackmax specifically to avoid "overspray" on friendlies. If I did 75% less damage to them, I would go back to pellets and get as sloppy as I wanted.
  8. Pacster3

The question is if this isn't now an upgraded lasher...and that was like the only really unique thing that VS still had(as crappy as it was).
  9. Nobalification

For me it doesnt matter how much dmg i am doing to frendlies. Problem is they can lock muh wepon for 5 minutes. . .
  10. JibbaJabba

Yeah they've done a bit of that these last few rounds. The Promise is basically a VS gun. MAW is basically an NC gun.

I wasn't aware the lasher splash affected friendlies different though. That's kinda BS.
  11. JibbaJabba

Your weapon lock won't be affected. That's calculated on "hits". A single point of damage counts the same as a massive amount of damage in a single instance.

Reducing FF damage doesn't reduce weapon lock.
  12. Demigan

Nope.

C4 a tank, its dead and you get a warning.
    Use something like a Vulcan to the front, it'll have you locked before you finish it. (you might actually make one tank but not a second one, which C4 can).

This is also why simply driving in a tight formation of idi- vehicle drivers can get you a Final warning or even a lock if they keep bumping into you, even though the actual damage done is practically zero.
  13. Pacster3

You can't do it any different with lasher. It's weak so you got to spam it and the projectiles are that darn slow that anyone can jump into your line of fire while you already have like 5 balls flying in that direction. So you basicly got no chance to avoid friendly fire...especially with aoe on top of all that.
  14. Prudentia

8 round x 75 at 185rpm
    vs
    75 rounds x 75 at 333 rpm

calling the Dragoon an upgraded lasher is like calling the Maw an upgrade anchor, just even dumber.
  15. Pacster3

Muzzle velocity of 555 vs 100. Damage of direct hits of 250(I guess, might be 325 tho) vs 230(200/180). That was what I meant. You can actually use it in combat and still clean corners/boxes with it...while lasher is just spam away and die whenever you are in a 1on1 or the enemy is engaging you.
  16. JibbaJabba

Yeah, but that sounds just like every other suppressive gun.

TR have it way worse with say the Watchman. You'll get 10x hits in before you can react and lift the trigger.

Only difference with the lasher is it hurts friendlies less so VS can get away with spamming it more. If there were 75% FF reduction on other suppressive weapons people would go nuts with them. VS just needs to control it.
  17. Prudentia

your amount of hitting friendlies with the Watchman is 100% based on your reaction time.
    your amount of hitting friendlies with the Lasher is 100% based on how far away they are. the further away they are, the more projectiles will hit them as they slowly crawl through the air with no ability for you to stop them.
    325 to 225 yes, and yes 555m/s to 100m/s, but the lasher is still the only Infantry held Fully automatic Grenade launcher, the Dragoon simply has a little bit of splash damage but it's still entirely based around actually hitting bullets to even get kills.
    Or rather: The Explosive ammo is nothing more than Anti max ammo, cutting down the BTK with bodyshots from 30 to 20.
  18. raffa2

I would decrease the direct hit damage and increase the splash damage, so it would be balanced against flak armor while still being relevant against everyone else. Anyways these changers still make this attachment complete trash for a 7 shots magazine.
    A solution would simply be to rework it into a secondary burst mode.
  19. CaptCran

Explosive Ammo is an NC trait.....