Aight daybreak - Time for an ASP undo option - Roxxly!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JibbaJabba, May 31, 2018.

1. JibbaJabba

I did it. Completely my fault.

I made a decision with one of my ASP tokens and I regret it. It's bothering the crap out of me. I hate it. The only current way to fix it is start a new character and grind 175 levels.

Can we get some undo option? 1000 certs to undo a single point or something?
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

Out of curiosity... What did you pick?
    • Up x 2
  3. DIGGSAN0

I bet it is the Pistol Primary!
  4. Demigan

Ouch, that is probably the worst choice...
  5. adamts01

Decoy grenades might be worse than 2 pistols.
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We will have a way to roll back points, just don't have the system in place yet!
    • Up x 3
  7. JibbaJabba

Word. Hope it shows up soon. I'm kinda hating my main right now. I'm surprised at my own emotional reaction to this. It's such a trivial thing and my main is no worse off than it was before.

For the curious: It was the medic carbine.

I'm finding the improved hipfire rarely beneficial and I'm back to using ARs. ASP token totally wasted, I never use it.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pacster3

Likely not the best choice, true. I chose medic with battle rifle secondary and am sure that I will have a blast with Eidolon+auto-shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  9. AtckAtck

I am still sitting on 2 free asp points.
    Am I the only one who thinks that the class specific unlocks aren't really worth it and are too situational?
    For me:
    unlocking grenades = useless
    unlocking other classes weapons = useless, there is no such thing as a class with worse weapons. All have near equal kill power.
    unlocking main weapons for secondary = somewhat interesting. I would try it out, if the choice wasn't permanent. But still i guess that it is too situational and you are 90% of the time better off with a quick draw pistol in the secondary slot.
    My guess is, i will end up with 5 point in resource reduction, as it is clearly the better benefit.

Side note: While 20% of a 450 nanite mbt is quite good, 20% from a ant/sunderer is quite bad. And 50% from a 50 nanite flash is downright useless. Who manages to wreck a flash every 30 seconds anyway...?
  10. Luicanus

I've presently got the 20% off tanks 280 for a Lightning and 360 for a Prowler is awesome.
    The LA SMG secondary and the Engineer AR.

I find I rarely play medic and have a couple of ARs I like to use (one I need to auraxium for black camo) so being able to use ARs on my Engi (50% of my playtime on that class) is fine. The SMG secondary is only good in so far as it's finally got me using shotguns, it's pretty much worthless with a Carbine but A Shotty SMG combo has been fun, especially with the Assault Jump Jets.

Honestly, AV grenades for Engineer appeals too, 3 AT mines and 4 AV 'nades can do a lot of damage.
  11. JibbaJabba

For NC the Heavy secondary (Jackhammer) has probably been my best ASP point. Everyone I've spoken too really, really likes that loadout.
    LMG for engy has also been really great. Give the engy some punch and turns them into a self-resupplying suppressor.

Very happy with both of those.
  12. Prudentia

SMG on LA is even great with carbines. i've finished the Solstice burst and canis auraxium togethet and it was great to have both a potent midrange option and something to whip out when i just want to walk into a room and shoot people in the head.
  13. Thardus

Works well for the VS too. Lasher is near helpless in most situations, and completely broken in others. Having it available for those situations, without being restricted to using only it, is great.
  14. Jac70

Why not make them switchable so you can swap them out. Or introduce a reset token, cost a 1000 certs maybe.
    • Up x 1
  15. Liewec123

don't worry resets will undoubtebly come when the next ASPs do,
    best just to have a good long think about what to spend them on until then though :)

i went for 360 resource gals and libs with my first ASP and then shotgun secondary for engie for my second ASP.
    being able to pull a lib for 10 more than an ESF is hilarious :D
    (my next ASP pick is either stickies for infil or cheaper MBTs and lightnings)

i thought long about LMGs for engi, but in the end Gauss Compact-S is close enough to an LMG,
    plus it has UBGL which is awesome on engi :D
  16. Jbeasty

Kinda wishing I chose LMG instead of AR for my engineer. No idea why, but I am just so much more accurate (quicker ttk for me) with the default gauss saw at range over the reaper dmr. Furthermore, it wouldn't have even been a choice if we could use directive weapons with ASP. Was initially so pumped at the idea of carrying my GODSAW as engineer, until I found out you cant.

I don't particularly like playing heavy and only do so because of the GODSAW and using the launcher in a valk/ant etc. Are there certain directive weapons that would be that imbalanced if they worked with ASP?
  17. Xebov

I would rather see endless ASP points so you dont need respecs in the first place. So far i dont see a reason why someone shouldnt be able to get everything through ASP he/she wants.
  18. FateJH

Have you already earned all 5 of the currently available ASP points?
  19. Xebov

No, but looking at whats available there is clearly a shortage and some options are simply not considered due to the low number of points.
  20. TR5L4Y3R

asp-option ideas:

av grenades for infil and medic
    rockletrifleoption as primary (or secondary?) for medic ...